Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
The Spiral XII

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Networking? Bandit wonders mentally as he picks up his drink and slowly sips at it, taking his time as he considers what to write next. Well to be fair, this its been some time since I come here for a drink. Just what kind of contacts are you looking for? He writes as he finishes with his drink, holding it up for Marietta as he looks over to the door as a familiar face enters, he turns away, focusing on the currently solo woman in the joint.

Gallows

No suxx on Wits + Subterfuge - 1
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-30 12:05:10 Marietta rolls 3 to rolls Wits + Subterfuge - 1 (10 Again) 3, 4, 4 failure

C
    Cross

Girardi sipped his drink as well, flashing a smile of thanks to the bartender before leading Tom over to a table in the corner that gave good sight lines on the room. He spoke quietly, his eyes flicking every now and again, keeping aware of who was doing what. "I'm an L.A. boy, myself," he replied, giving a little shrug. "Worked for the LAPD for a while before I went over to Customs. Can't say I miss it there though. Too big for my taste." Too many reminders of what a fucking wrong turn my career took.

Leaning forward slightly, he took another swig of his drink and placed it down on the table. "You got family in town?"

Irina, would we recognize Jaeger from around the office?

1 sux to detect people who aren't minding their own business, 2 sux to avoid being overheard
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-05 15:35:55 Tony Girardi rolls 6 to Who's Droppin' Eaves? (10 Again) 1, 6, 10, 7, 5, 5, 4 1 success
    2012-12-30 13:33:36 Tony Girardi rolls 7 to Wits+Sub+1 for bar noise to avoid being overheard (10 Again) 8, 3, 4, 3, 7, 9, 2 2 successes

Tom notices his partner's awareness and the fact that he's dropped his voice and glances briefly around. He's always alert for details and trouble, but he hadn't really considered the necessity when grabbing a drink. Maybe he's just being paranoid? Nevertheless, he follows Girardi's lead and lowers his voice as well.

"Yeah, my folks live in town. Pretty typical situation for that, though, I guess. I don't see them as often as Mom would like. Mostly stop by for Holidays and such. L.A. huh? I hear that's a tough beat. Bet you have all sorts of interesting stories from there."

3 suxx to detect eavesdroppers, 1 suxx to keep his voice down
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-05 19:27:20 Tom Harrison rolls 3 to keep his voice down (Wits+Sub+1[bar noise]) (10 Again) 9, 1, 3 1 success
    2013-01-05 19:26:31 Tom Harrison rolls 6 to detect evesdroppers (10 Again) 7, 1, 10, 8, 10, 4, 6, 3 3 successes

ooc

Gallows

Marietta shrugged. She knew she was treading on dangerous territory, but didn't see any other way to really advance this conversation besides plunging forward a bit. Bandit didn't seem to be dropping any hints in return--or maybe he really didn't know what she was talking about.

"Well," she said, "I try to do a lot of community service, so to speak. Keep the neighborhood safe, that sort of thing. I hear there are people around here who do similar stuff." Now, at worst she sounded like a misguided charity worker.

I
    Irina

The Old Man jerked his head in greeting to Jaeger, as the agent parked himself at the bar. The drink was made up quickly enough, as The Spiral's barkeep observed all that went on around him.

If there was a flicker of interest in any conversations, it was covered up remarkably well.

"$3.50," he quoted the price.

As the chatter continued on in the bar, Girardi could overhear the woman talking to the mute, remarking on something about networking. His conversation with Harrison remained unheard by the group at large; although they can spot Leon nearby listening; but that wasn't too surprising considering they'd spoken a few moments before.

No, you wouldn't recognise Jaeger.

C
    Cross

Tony chuckled, a hint of that smile crossing his face. "Yeah, Moms are like that," he acknowledged, entirely agreeing. His own Mom and Dad probably still wished he lived at home...

...or perhaps not. He'd been a right pain in the ass with the whole 'bringing girls home' thing when he'd last lived there, but that had been for a tiny stint after his undergrad. He made a mental note to tell Harrison the Lori story sometime - but not tonight. "You have no idea, man. That city has some shit going down all the time somewhere. Drugs, gangs, you name it - it's the adrenaline junkie cop's heaven," he said with a shrug that suggested that he wasn't one of those cops. Sure, Tony was competent on the streets, but he was a cop that liked to talk to people, not chase them down and bludgeon them into submission. "It wasn't for me, though. I enjoyed Customs and Immigration."

He settled back into his chair a little, relaxing slightly. "So what is there to do for fun around this town?" Girardi asked, looking around a bit as if to get acquainted with the joint.

Well, there have been a number of pranks. I recall this lamp post just showing up overnight at a construction site. Bandit writes and shows Marietta.

Tom snorts at the question, stopping just short of drinking so he avoids the pain of whiskey coming out the nose. "You like museums? We've got all sorts if you do. Railroad, cars, art, even the 'California' Museum. If not, there's not much. But maybe that's just because I grew up here. I guess we do have the capitol. But I don't think that's going to be overly impressive after LA and DC. Sorry to disappoint." Then he takes a good old swallow of his drink, as if to make up for the lost moment.

Gallows

"A lamp post?" Marietta's brow crinkled. "How did that happen?" It didn't seem like lampposts were the sort of things that could just appear places. Then again, she had seen weirder things out there in her time as a Hunter. Maybe it was just a prank?

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.