Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Dance, Dinner and DVD

S
    Sasha

Following after the dance.

Step One Dance studio was located not far from Sasha's place, still in Richmond Grove. The building was fairly large, but older and perhaps had a late 70's or early 80's feel to the architecture. It certainly wasn't fancy like some of the other studios in town, but unlike the building the instructors in the studio were fairly prestigious in the community. All the doors on the outside had key card access only, with the exception of the main door. Upon entering, there was someone at the small reception desk who would ask guests for a name, who they were visiting and an ID. It was easy to tell the need for security, there was clear depictions that children were present on a regular basis. The woman working as a clerk would direct John left hallway, 4th door on the right. At a little before 5pm, the halls were busy with children wearing leotards with their parents and adults wearing dance shoes, some wearing casual dance wear. All moving throughout the halls and finding their rooms.

For perhaps the first time, John left work on time, stopping in the precinct's changing room to grab a quick shower and throw on some recently rededicated clothes; a black shirt with black pants and his brown jacket. Heading from the station in his truck, John managed to stop off at a Wal-Mart to grab a DVD copy of Avengers, smirking as he purchased it. He also picked up some flowers simply because he couldn't actually remember seeing any in Sasha's apartment and it was another belief of the chaplain that every home should have flowers. Driving towards Richmond Grove, he followed his GPS to Studio One, which was quite simple to find. At least now I'll be able to get here by scent if need be, he thought as he parked and exited his truck, leaving the DVD and the flowers on the driver's seat for the time being.

Walking inside the dance studio with a natural smile, John introduced himself politely to the receptionist before showing his driver's ID, which satisfied the woman and as she directed him towards the 4th door on the right of the left hallway, he thanked her before heading towards the dance hall. Seeing all the children and families made him smile, once again reminding him that despite the world being constantly on the precipice, there was still hope. With a quick glance through the window, John pushed open the door and stepped in.

When the door opened, John would first see a row of chairs by the wall next to the door. The room was full of mirrors on three sides. There were school aged children both male and female in modest dance wear or leotards all in black and white. L'aire stood among them, wearing her own black leotard, but there was a small non-flared skirt around her waist mid-thigh but flowed with her every move. Upon her feet were very worn pointe shoes, obviously for instruction and practice. It was easy to see that L'aire had the attention of the children as they looked up to her and awaited their instruction after getting settled. Seated in the chairs were several men and only a couple of women. But when John entered, the Fairest Dancer instantly saw him arrive by that of the mirror as her back was toward the door.

If her heart skipped it's beat a moment, she didn't show it. But she smiled and gave a little wave before turning. "One moment class." L'aire told the kids around her before walking away and to John. There were one or two seats left at the wall. L'aire very much wanted to hug him at the moment she was in his presence, but knew how unprofessional it was. Yet, she gently touched the back of his arm with a soft squeeze. "It's so good to see you. Thank you for coming." With an adroit arm she out stretched to the empty chairs her eyes looking toward the men, then back to John. There was a note of discomfort in her violet eyes but it changed as soon as her eyes met John's. "You can sit in one of the free spots if you'd like. Or stand too. I'm about to start class." She smiled apologetic, realizing she probably should have mentioned how observing a class would go. Great, he's gonna think I'm blowing him off or embarrassed or something.

The moment he lay eyes on Sasha teaching the kids so naturally, John couldn't help but grin and when they locked eyes, his breathing increased as did his heart rate. He hadn't slept much the previous night and had ensured the his schedule hadn't been too crazy, and but any signs of tiredness evaporated in her violet gaze. The way she seemed to, well, dance across the studio towards him made his heart flutter. The way she touched his arm seemed like electricity through his skin and in that one moment, his hand came up to touch her elbow, a tender message between only the pair of them. "I wouldn't have missed it for the world," he replied before taking one of the seats she gestured to, giving a nod and welcoming smile to the parents present, not exactly noting the ratio between mothers and fathers, before turning to observe the class as he crossed his arms (which he'd thankfully left covered) and his legs to get comfortable.

There had been music queued up, despite that the class may not have been following it quite yet. Each time she moved to restart the music, L'aire looked to John. A grin desperately wanting to move over her lips. But there were too many men over on that side, and exacting an expression to someone particular was generally difficult. As the class went on, L'aire kept her movements simple. But there were little ticks of stopping herself, not wanting to outdo the children around her.

“Second position.” The Fairest’s feet moved outward matching the linear lines of her body. “Grand plié” Bending at the knees and pulling up her ankles, L’aire quickly moved her legs to another taught step and moved like gracefulness itself. “And glissade... ” Perhaps none of the terms would make sense to most, but what could be seen was graceful. The children followed her every motion and L’aire did it all in reverse with them, acting as a mirror to their movements. The Dancer's arms lifted into the air as she sweetly said. "Remember, we are snowflakes... we flit and float along the gentle winds." And she moved in motion with the class again. As L'aire moved about the class, she would occasionally sneak a look to John. A smile had shined in the violet spheres until the Fairest looked across the other observers to which she quickly looked away.

There were a few stragglers in the group, who looked as if they were trying their best. The Dancer would move in rhythm with the music toward each child. Whispering encouragement to help them along. “A little further…Miranda” Her hands moved to stretch out a girl’s arms. “Good.” Then down the line to a boy bending too much at the waist. L’aire’s arm touched his back. “Just a little straighter. Think up, Seth.” She took her hand off and watched for a moment. “Excellent.” The Fairest saw the time, 5:55. "Thank you class. You are all doing fabulous so quickly. And we still have two months. Shall we add a little springing into our step next Tuesday?" Her eyes surveyed the children waiting for all to give a positive nod of the head without hesitation. "Okay, then we will." She moved to the opposite end of the room, away from the door but letting the hustle of children parents leave. Many of the father's waved and she did wave back. Even though John and L'aire had known each other only one evening, he could clearly see there was no warmth to it. She met John's eyes as others continued to leave and she made a small gentle motion for him to come over to her. L'aire did it when all were finally paying attention to their kids.

As the music began, John found himself transfixed by the gently rolling sound that graced the dance studio, and even when Sasha continued to re-started the music, he just smiled as she taught the children. So graceful, so natural, he thought, his arms uncrossing and resting in his lap. Its like nothing I've ever seen. Everytime she would steal a glance his way, John tried desperately not to smile and put her off, but it was increasingly difficult, his body language giving him away. Over the lesson, John had found that he has slowly started leaning forward and by the time Sasha had finished, the chaplain had his chin resting on his hands, the elbows of his arms taking the weight as he leaned forward.

The moment she gestured for him, John grinned like an idiot and stood, walking across the studio to join her. "Sasha," he began, looking for the words. "That was amazing, truly inspiring. You are a wonderfully gifted teacher." He looked into her violet eyes as he gushed his compliments, his heart still rapidly beating.

L'aire had seen him slowly lean toward the end of his lap with each passing look she had given him. It was different when John watched her, she couldn't pinpoint why. Could be because they shared a kiss, or two, or four... or because thus far, he didn't treat her like an object. "Thank you, very much. The children have been really wonderful since I started." She smiled so that she was more than appreciative of his kind words. "I'm really surprised...and glad you came, John." Shouldn't have said surprised. "Most people unless they have kids have no interest in rehearsals, well usually." Standing a little closer to him while watching everyone leave. "But... I don't think I mentioned that it was a children's class." L'aire softly chuckled and shook her head. Her eyes looked to the door for a moment, making sure all had left and turned back to John. "Just let me grab my bag and I'll change quick so we can go?" As the Fairest began to move, there was probably plenty of room to walk around him without going near him; yet instead she gently touched his arm and slipped behind him. Her bag was on the floor next to the wall not far from them.

As she spoke, John couldn't help but beam throughout, listening to her voice washing away the fears that the previous evening had been a dream, and that he couldn't still feel her lips on his, or see her violet eyes every time he closed his eyes to try and steal some sleep. No, it had been real. "Well, like I said, I would not have missed it for anything," he said honestly, and as she mentioned grabbing her bag, John looked round as she slipped behind him. The touch, again sending goosebumps through him. "Allow me," he said, stepping to pick it up for her and holding it out with a smile, still looking into her eyes. "Oh, I picked up the DVD on the way. The cover looks very colourful," he chuckled.

L'aire just grinned sweetly to John. She wasn't sure what to say when he said he wouldn't have missed it. Still after last night, this all seemed too good to be true. But that was part of the broken past. And maybe now, this would be something renewed, her faith in something she staved from. As John scooped up her bag, there was a gentle surprise on her face. "Thanks, you didn't have to do that." She softly chuckled.

"If you think the cover was colorful, wait till we watch the movie." L'aire began to walk toward the doorway and turned in a quick pivot. "Oh, what would you like to pick up for dinner?" She waited for John when she arrived at the door, peeking into the hall and turning back to him.

When Sasha pivoted, John stopped, wondering if she had forgotten something, and as she asked about dinner, he gave the very smallest of shrugs yet continued to smile. "I don't mind, to be honest. I enjoy anything so long as its not too spicy," he added, before wondering why he actually added that part.

The Dancer was a little unsure of comfort level at the moment. After kissing someone once or twice...or more, she'd thought all day about slipping her arm into his. But, this was just the hall at the school and for now, L'aire was just happy that he'd came. She also felt like she was fighting off being awkward, again. Her violet eyes looked to John's serene blue's smiling as she was reminded of something. "Chinese sounds good. It's been a while since I've had it." L'aire recalling his suggestion from last night. And it sounded more appealing than pizza as a dinner and a movie. "I'm not a fan of spicy either." They entered the hall and she nodded forward. "The locker room is down the hall toward the front, if you don't mind waiting, please." One thing that hadn't stopped since John walked into the studio room, her heart from beating faster.

"Chinese sounds perfect," John replied as Sasha mentioned what she'd prefer, a warm feeling filling him that she'd remembered the options despite his awkward rambling the previous night. He internally cringed at the memory but paid it no heed, and smiled as she showed him where to wait. "No problem, Sasha, take as long as you need. I'll be here," he politely replied with a smile, his right hand unconsciously rising to allow his fingers to brush lightly against her lower back. A small gesture on his part but one that helped to ease his own nerves as well as act as a reminder that the night before hadn't been a figment of his imagination. On a subconscious level, John also hoped it would ease any of Sasha's concerns, and to express the tenderness he held for her. In actuality, John wanted nothing more but to kiss her passionately once more yet knew that this was where the violet eyed beauty worked, and it would be unprofessional and possibly embarrassing for her, and the Ithaeur did not wish to make her feel in any way uncomfortable.

There were many things taken for granted in life, as she’d painfully come to find out. Touch, was one of them. L’aire had felt John’s fingertips graze her back just as she went into the locker room. Her eyes had flashed to him before disappearing behind the frame of the door. The violet spheres held a captivating smile as it spilled into her lips. If John had looked around, he'd see a bulletin board displaying the instructors along the wall. L'aire's may have been off to the side, but it stood out. Beneath a normal professional picture had been a poster for the Cirque du Soleil featuring the Dancer in a contortion pose.

The Fairest had showered during her break previously that day, right after the exerting classes. Her golden hair may have faintly smelled of coconut, and skin of velvet tuberose. She had changed quickly, taking care of her feet after removing the pointe shoes. L’aire had with her black jeans, a sapphire blue blouse, simple v-necked and three quarter sleeved. The ponytail had come out and she shook her hair letting the length cascade over her shoulders. The Fairest didn’t wear any make up, nor lipstick for a few reasons. When L’aire emerged she looked refreshed turning to find John. The Winter felt her heart pound. “Okay, hope I didn’t keep you long.” Now, she stood by him, her bag in her hand awaiting him to lead. “Where did you park, John?” Looking at him, while her mouth hung on his name.

Walking past the bulletin board caused John to stop and have a look at the instructors, although truthfully, he was only searching for one person, and when he saw her display, he smiled. Even though it was only a picture, the striking qualities of her eyes still shone as did her caring face and long blonde locks. Looking away, it suddenly dawned on him why the ratio of mom's and dad's was so apparent and shook his head with a chuckle.

Still chuckling, John headed to wait and read some more of the posters pinned around the reception. When Sasha exited the locker area, John beamed before his heart raced, and it was more than her actual presence that caused it.

It was her scent, and a wolf came to live by the strength of a person's fragrance. In this case it was absolute perfection. He wanted to say Coconut? but quickly wondered if that would suddenly come over too creepy, and so left it.

"Not at all, I was just reading the posters, and other things." He left it at that, again not wishing to push the boundary between interested and stalking. At mention of where he parked, John pointed to the car park. "Just outside, actually. Its the silver truck, not much really, but I've had it for some time, and it just keeps on going." Laughing to himself, he asked if she was ready to leave, and if so, held open the door that led outside, before unlocking the truck and opening the passenger door for her. Once she was in, John grinned and got into the driver's side, making sure to not sit on the blue and white roses he had brought. "I got these for you. I hope you don't mind?" he said offering her the flowers, once again completely out of his knowledge of whether roses was a done thing these days.

Laughing a little L’aire shook her head. “Oh, the posters. I forget that they’re up there sometimes. They seem to blend in after time.” Shrugging a little as they walked, a gentle nod of thanks as he held the door. As John described his truck while approaching the parking lot, she playfully furrowed her brow. “Things with character seem to withstand time.” L’aire shook her head and her hand at the same time. “Or something like that is the phrase.” Oh look at you, back on the lame game.

The door opening thing, she wasn’t sure if she’d get use to it or spoiled by it, nevertheless she smiled to him after being seated. When the serene eyed man passed her the bouquet L’aire’s eyes lit up. “Oh, John!” She’d gasped before speaking again. “They’re so beautiful.” Her vocal surprise was truly thankful, but not over done. It wasn’t the first time she got flowers, but it had been a while since she’d gotten flowers completely random. “You really didn’t have to.” Her eyes admired them, and she brought them to her face, inhaling their delicate scent. Turning to John, she unconsciously leaned a little toward him in the truck wanting to kiss him; but instead her violet eyes looked right into his. “Thank you.” Slipping her hand over his and letting a gentle squeeze linger.

As Sasha leaned across, John held his breath, a small smile on his lips. And when her hand squeezed his, his words caught in his throat. "You're welcome," he whispered, his blue eyes paling in comparison to Sasha's unblemished eyes. He leaned closer to her, not helping himself, until his lips found hers, his eyes closing to savour fully his sense of touch.

L’aire couldn’t help but wonder something as she heard him whisper. It had only been a fraction of a second. Did he lie to me? The Fairest didn’t really care if he’d dated before for obvious reasons as she herself had. But he mentioned this was all new to him; and at the same time a kind sweet man was new to her.

John was warm on her supple lips. Her eyes closed and held the soft embrace of their touching lips. There was an ecstatic spark as their lips had met, tender as they touched. L'aire knew she wanted to go back to last night, but she'd be patient. Slowly her eyes opened. “That too, was unexpected.” L’aire murmured as she so very slowly pulled away. She hadn’t realized her hand slowly curled its fingers into John’s as the Fairest glanced down. Softly she laughed, “You probably need that to drive.”

John's eyes opened and he chuckled as Sasha spoke, and nodded in agreement, on both counts. Still smiling, he returned back to sitting upright and started the truck. It protested initially but soon trundled to life, and John pulled out of the car park. The feeling and taste on his lips, the way her hand gripped his, the smell of her hair and skin. The Ithaeur's smile steadily grew into a beaming grin.

"Do you know any nice takeaway restaurants in the area, Sasha?" he asked, taking pleasure once more in saying her name. He kept is eyes on the road, driving steadily as he navigated Richmond Grove.

As the Dancer buckled her seat-belt, she felt the trucks momentum. The last time she was in one was when she was a little girl. There was always something comforting about a truck. Turning to John while he asked about restaurants she pondered for a moment. "Well, I know the other instructors order from a place called the Tea Cup House. I think it's only a few blocks from here. 21st street, I think." L'aire tried to remember the address shaking her head. "Sorry, I'm not the greatest with directions. I know its not far." The flowers had been laid on her lap, the bouquet pointing toward John. She looked down to them trying to recall the exact address, and her finger tips delicately traced the tops of the rose petals. "P street." She said thoughtfully, not sure if the roses reminded her or something clicked. Looking back up to John she smiled sweetly. "Unless you have a favorite place?"

"I'm sure we can find it," John chuckled as he made his way through Richmond Grove, the restaurant sounding rather familiar. "Actually, I do believe some officers picked up some food one evening following a self-defence class. I think I know where it is. Very nice noodles," he commented with a small appreciative smile. It turned out to be closer than he expected and after finding somewhere to park, switched off the engine and smiling to Sasha. "Shall we?" John asked with a sparkle in his blue eyes.

L'aire had walked with John into the restaurant, ordering and waiting for food. She'd only mentioned here and there about a few dishes, but settled on something noddle like and light. The Fairest was well aware that a few men kept looking at her. But she didn't look back. There was something about knowing someone that made them all the more attractive, even if they'd only touched the surface of 'knowing' the previous night. There were still parts of her that were worried about what she was getting into. Perhaps it was part of the Onyx court and how she stowed it all away after Lorenzo and her mother's death. After being alone for so many years; no one caring if she vanished, would it change? If John never saw her again after tonight, would he even notice. Stop it, and let him in. Her heart kept guiding her. L'aire smiled to the chaplain, after the food was at the ready. Her thoughts not betraying her. Touching his arm gently she smiled sheepishly. "I hope water, or well coffee and tea is okay. I don't have anything else, I'm sorry." She probably would have been better prepared, but working all day put a damper in a few things.

As they entered the restaurant, together, as a...couple? John was still smiling, a small expression that just wouldn't leave his features. Perhaps it was the glow he felt inside or the fact that he still found it hard to believe he was actually on a date. As Sasha and he ordered their food, John kept stealing glances of her face as he looked at the menu, her eyes, lips, hair, everything a magnet for him.

At the moment, John Holt felt like the luckiest person in the world. He knew that whatever happened from now was a blessing from Luna, and he would protect it from anything.

"Really, no need to apologize, all three sound fine," John replied with a smile, his hand moving to hold her own hand as they waited. There was something so simple yet intimate with hand-holding, and whenever he would be about town or in a park, the chaplain would smile hopefully when he witnessed couples doing so. When the food was brought to them, John automatically removed his wallet from his coat to pay.

The Fairest couldn't get over how sweet John was. When his hand searched for hers, she gladly accepted it. The little things, the ones that get over looked. The Dancer felt her pulse race faster. She couldn't pinpoint why John was so different to her. What started out as something simple and at a whim with the bike ride turned into something entirely unexpected. No hitting on her, no gawking, a complete gentleman and no pathetic pick up lines...that was addicting. Sometimes, she didn't mind it even adored it but it was all fake. As their order arrived, L'aire pulled out a ten dollar bill from her pants and moved her hand to John. "For mine?" She said simply.

John didn't argue as Sasha offered to pay for her part of the meal. He could have insisted that he pay for it all but in truth, John was a little unsure about how a date actually went. Was it too overbearing to pay for everything? Certainly, he would never have seen Sasha pay for his share. Perhaps half and half was the best policy. Accepting the ten dollars, John paid with some cash from his wallet before taking the food and holding open the door of the restaurant for Sasha. "It definitely smells good. I can already feel my stomach rumbling," he chuckled, eyes sparkling as they walked back to his truck.

It pleased her that John took her share. To L'aire it wasn't about principle or feminism, it was out of fear. Fear that he'd hold it over her head one day, just like the past. The more she wanted to let go, the more her subconscious kept pulling things up to the surface. The Dancer chuckled with John nodding her head, though she couldn't feel her hunger over the butterflies in her stomach. "Yeah, it smells marvelous."

When they got back in the truck, she carefully placed the blue and white roses on her lap. A thoughtful look washed over her face again. As she watched John become adjusted after she buckled again she turned to him grinning curiously. "John, do you remember where I live? I mean, do you need the address again?" She didn't even realize she was tripping over her words again because her violet eyes were transfixed on John, with memories of one particular kiss flooding her mind suddenly. "So... you saw how part of my day at work went, how was yours?" Um, that is if you can talk about it." There was a hint of uncertainty while mouth departed from the last sentence. L'aire didn't know all of what he could discuss in his vocation.

Getting back into the truck, John buckled up before starting the truck and pulling away from the restaurant. When Sasha looked across to him, John glanced her way smiling. "Yes, I can remember the route. I think it is imprinted on my mind," he said, his smile turning into a grin as he chuckled lightly. His free hand moved across to find Sasha's and gave it a little squeeze, and allowed it to linger for several seconds before returning it to the wheel.

When John asked her about his work, he was a little taken aback. It was strange because no-one ever enquired to his day. "I'd like to talk about it actually," he chuckled. "Saturday's a usually quiet and spent mainly in my office, so I was trying to organise some local meet and greet between church leaders. Funny thing, but for people of faith, they seem somewhat proud to actually meet others of their kind. Its like trying to herd cats."

"You must have an excellent sense of direction John." The Fairest felt his hand on hers, watching his hand then looking to his eyes. There was a part of her who wanted to tell John without the bus, she'd get lost as she did for a few weeks when she got to town. But her pride got in the way for now. L'aire didn't want to seem helpless and pathetic. Which was more so because of fear and taking a different route home before she felt safe in the neighborhood.

L'aire's eyes lifted and she grinned when John obliged her request. "You mean they're opposed to meeting each other?" L'aire, who only knew about one type of faith, was curious and apprehensive about the topic. But her eyes revealed the curiosity above anything. Even if she didn't believe in anything anymore, she could believe in someone tangible. "I would think people with similar views would be easy to gather together." Still there was a caution in her voice, since she was on unfamiliar ground. L'aire looked toward John while he spoke, just pleased to hear his voice the Fairest's demeanor attentive to his words.

S
    Sasha

"Sometimes, yes. I believe its an issue of pride, but not all of them. Since moving here, I've been attempting to gather local community leaders together with police officers in an effort to share ideas that can strengthen local projects for local residents. It hasn't been easy but I'm quite stubborn," John said with a smile. It was true, he was quite stubborn but it was for a good reason. If he could help get the territory in a better state, then maybe it will make the Hisil a better place. It wasn't long until they reached Sasha's apartment building, and after finding suitable parking, John switched off the engine and grinned. "And here we are."

L'aire certainly knew the power or digression of pride. But as she listened to John, it was becoming more and more clear what a good man he was. She could hear it in his voice, his honesty and devotion to the community and the officers. It was touching, in a way she'd not really experienced. Some donated money, not caring or hearing what the cause was. Like John's stubbornness, that's what was needed as much as money. "What sort of projects?" L'aire asked gently, but her eyes held amazement within. She was trying not to be nosy, but the Fairest was certainly interested. More interested in what drove this man who was slowly beginning to captivate her. "Stubborn can be good." The Fairest said softly with a gentle smile when the car came to a halt. She unfastened the belt, then picked up the flowers and movie on the seat. Touching his arm softly she kindly asked. "Shall I carry anything else?" Pulling out her keys from her coat pocket. The Fairest's eyes looked to the area in front of the dwelling, if John could see her expression it held a memory. Second kiss.

As they exited the truck, John was carrying the food, smiling as he did so. "Currently, I'm trying to see if there's any way the churches can help with local youths, getting them into community work and out of gangs. Its only a beginning and hit a few dead ends but I'll get there." He smiled but there was a slight air of concern, perhaps with his current project. It passed quickly enough and John smiled as Sasha asked if she should carry anything. "No, its fine. Would you like me to grab your bag?" His eyes glanced to the steps that led to the door of the building. His heart seemed to speed up as he thought of the previous evening.

“Community work? Like community service?” The Fairest was just trying to understand as she asked questions. “Or something more like intramural activities like basketball or a sport…or something.” The Dancer looked to John, attentive and interested. There was a thoughtful expression on her face while she tried to think of a way to help him, if she could. Or if it was any of her business. Things were still fresh and she didn't want to seem to overzealous with all of this. But she her heart kept pulling her in that direction anyway.

“Oh, bag. Right.” L’aire shook her head with a soft laugh, she had forgotten while talking. “That would be wonderful, thank you.” The Dancer gently giggled, more to herself. She found herself so easily distracted around the gentle man. Pulling out her keys, she opened the door for John. There was a sweetened smile on her face with her eyes full of excitement…and nervousness.

"Well, sports is perhaps the most obvious way to connect with them, true. Some of the officers in the precinct seem to agree and are actually willing to help run some tournaments. I'd like to perhaps one day teach some religious studies or even some counselling sessions if need be, nothing too deep, just to see how they can express themselves through words." John sighed wearily but smiled. "Sorry, its proving harder than I first anticipated. As you can imagine, there are more than a few who don't believe it'll work."

As she giggled about the bag, John grinned and leant across to grab it, carrying it over his shoulder. There was something so very cute about the way she smiled and laughed, so infectious that he couldn't help but do the same. "No problem," he smiled honestly as he waited for Sasha to go in first.

Religion, of course. L’aire should have guessed John had considered other options. The Fairest wanted to reach out and touch him to reassure him, but her hands were unfortunately full as they walked in. “John, I guess you did the first step and opened the door for them.” The Winter had dealt with sorrowful people, but this was not such a thing. There was a soft apologetic look on her face, wishing she knew what to say or how to help. "Something will work." If John was the same way at work as he'd been with L'aire the previous night; sweet, caring and sincere, she knew he could do something good.

She walked in seeing John wait, and put the flowers and movie on the counter. Slipping off her coat, she put it on the hook and took the food from John. “Would you rather have dinner at the table, or eat in the other room and watch the movie?” Her eyes softly looked at the barely used table then back to John’s for a moment. Then, L’aire pulled out utensils and two plates. Leaving the cupboard open there was a puzzled look on her face and then she looked around the kitchen a little.

"Thank you, Sasha, it means a great deal," John replied honestly, her words having an immediate effect on him, raising his spirits. She was so sweet and caring, John briefly wondered if she had been sent by Luna, which was quite a strange thing really. As she walked in, John looked around and grinned, instantly recalling the previous night with much fondness, seemingly having flashbacks of the evening with each step. As she took the food, John removed his jacket and hung it next to Sasha's before heading to the kitchen to assist. "I really don't mind where we eat. Wherever you feel more comfortable." However, as he caught her looking around, slightly puzzled, he moved closer and gently placed his hand on her lower back again. "Everything okay?" he asked, slightly concerned.

At least all the time she'd spent alone made her contemplate many things. Not being selfish most of all. Still that weighed heavy on her heart. When she looked at John, a lot of her past washed away. L'aire smiled sweetly as he thanked her. "Well lately I eat in the other room while watching, surprise surprise, rehearsal videos." She laughed gently. "But perhaps the table would be better tonight." And for some reason she suddenly wished she had candles. John was bringing out a hopeful side to her she'd long buried. Amazing what something like flowers and a kiss would do.

His touch…relaxing and electric all at once. "Oh, yes. I was just looking for a vase. Well, something for a makeshift vase." Turning to him and almost instinctively letting herself rest into his hand. "For the flowers. I'd hate to see them only last one day without water." Her eyes looked up to John's as if thanking him again without saying it.

John smiled as he felt the slight weight change as Sasha leans into his hand and he compensated by moving closer, his arm bending slightly to wrap around her comfortably. "Have you got any tall glasses? We could separate them into smaller displays," he offered, looking into her eyes before glancing into the cupboards himself. "Well, one day with flowers is better than nothing at all," he chuckled lightly, wondering if that was really too cheesy.

When Sasha mentioned where to eat, John seemed content with the kitchen. It was where he spent most of his time eating before and after work, albeit in his own place rather than at Sasha's. Perhaps that will change, a stray thought bubbled up into his mind. "Would you like me to get some plates?" John asked, his arm still around Sasha's waist, the long sleeves of his shirt covering the scars on his forearm.

Snapping her fingers after John mentioned glasses. "Yes, that would work. And I actually have a pitcher for water that may work too." She felt his arm slip around her it felt like time began to slow down again. Her arm went up to rest on his bicep in a gentle touch, she looked up to him. "That sounds very poetic John." Her voice sincere as she enjoyed the sound of his voice.

"Plates would be good..." Her heart was pounding a little more. L'aire wasn't sure what came over her when John began to come into contact with her. John felt warm, honest and natural. Not trying to be anyone but himself, and it was pulling her in. Remembering feelings, leaving the ground briefly her mind wandered and her mouth moved before she could stop it. "Among other things." The Fairest's face flushed and she bit her lip. "I mean, glasses...and uh...etc." Words turning into a whisper while trying to correct herself. In her violet eyes, held the memory of the previous night.

The lingering violet look, the slight flush, the whisper, feeling her against him, it all culminated in John's heart beating faster. He continued to smile, the thought of plates, flowers, dinner and DVD's going from his mind as he fell once more deeper and deeper into Sasha's enticing eyes. Within them, all the horrors of the Hisil are forgotten, and only peace reigns.

"I...agree..." he murmured, his own blue orbs not wavering as he leant closer and found Sasha's lips with his own once more, each time just as thrilling as the last.

L'aire should have guessed after last night in the kitchen that there would be a moment before everything else that this would stir again. And she didn't mind. When their lips met, she instantly slipping the hand from his bicep to around his shoulder. Shutting her violet eyes, letting herself escape into his arms his touch and his kiss. She was blissfully lost in their kiss. Full of passion as she entwined hers to his. Other hand was hand was soft upon up his chest and curling slightly as her fingers circled slowly in one spot. It was nothing like the the truck, this time her guard was let down.

The Fairest pulled as close to John as possible, a veneration came over her. This man who took her for a random bike ride, so sweet and unlike any other she'd encountered. As much as her heart wanted more, L'aire would let him lead. She couldn't forget he was a chaplain, and she was unaware what that entailed or him. After years of hiding from something like this, she would be patient. The Winter's only fear right now was perhaps her mind wanting to sabotage it all. But L'aire's pulse gave away what John was doing to her.

With his arm wrapped around her waist, John's other arm encircled around Sasha's shoulders as he pulled her closer to his body, eyes closing as they kissed intensely. The smell of dinner vanished in the wake of the fragrances coming from Sasha, of coconut and tuberose. He was a man who enjoyed all five senses, and in this case, touch and smell immensely. Each second seemed to last an eternity, and all the thoughts of temptation and whether he should be doing this evaporated to nothing. Was it not a simple truth of life to enjoy, well, life? Certainly, he was a man of God but his eyes had been opened to his true nature by Luna, and wasn't Chaplain, by his very nature, meant to cleave to humans?

Feeling his body heat rise due to his beating heart, John felt the blood surge to his muscles, along with the adrenaline of this moment and picked Sasha's lithe body from the ground once again, her weight like the bouquet he'd been carrying earlier. As his second hand was wrapped around her shoulders, he could feel her blonde locks falling like water over his arms as a stray strand or two caressed his face, and causing him to smile.

"Sorry," he breathed, breaking the kiss and opening his eyes. "Your hair's tickling me."

Away from the members of the Freehold, the ones who saw the elfin woman within; John saw her. There was a still a part of her that worried that was all he saw. The arm candy, the dancing beauty with no depth. She couldn’t do that again. John seemed different, and she hoped she was right. It was the little things most of all. The touch of his lips mixing with hers. How his arms surrounded her and she felt safe. L'aire's fingers laced into John's hair. And for a moment, L’aire thought she was floating, which was exactly how she felt. She was taken away by the strength of more than the chaplain’s arms. And the Chasing Cars song floated into her mind once more.

When he pulled away slowly, L'aire couldn't help but giggle softly. “Oh, I'm sorry. I should have left it tied back.” Reaching her free arm to slip her hands around her hair and pull it around. Still lost within the little world of herself and John, she smiled back. She leaned in to kiss John again and whispered. “I think I'm falling.” Oh where the hell did that come from. And like a needle dragging over a record she stopped and gasped. “I'm scared of falling...” Quickly trying to fix her words she let more spilled out. “Not physically. But uh…maybe we should eat.” So I don’t say something stupid. L’aire’s pulse was quickened with nerves, speaking a bit fast and stammering. “I know we should take this slow. It’s only the second night. I want to know you in so many ways.” And for a moment, her eyes locked Johns. Not looking at them, but deep into his soft blue eyes. Then she looked down, the truth of something seeping out that her mind did sabotage, but this time it was with honesty not excuses like the past. “I don’t just want to be a trophy.” Too late, L’aire. And then her words turned into a whisper of regret. “I should just shut up I'm ruining this.” She was still in John’s arms as she turned her head away, unable to run like her mouth just did.

Throughout Sasha's words, John never let go, holding her close, making sure she knew that he would be here to support her even when she doubted herself. Not once did he think she was being silly or simply misguided, that simply wasn't how John thought. He knew insecurities, and new ventures were certainly daunting. When she turned her head away, John smiled gently and placed a delicate kiss on her cheek, before lowering her back to the ground. "Please, don't ever shut up, Sasha," he replied softly. "I want to hear everything you have to say. And don't think you're ruining anything. Every step we take together is nothing to regret." John looked away and cringed. "God, that sounded so cheesy, like something Meatloaf would sing. Maybe we should eat," he suggested, looking back to Sasha and giving her a playful wink before planting a final kiss on her forehead and slowly releasing his arms from around her to start serving their Chinese dinner.

L’aire felt really ridiculous but didn’t show it, or at least she tried not to. John could have released her and left, told her she was being stupid; but instead his arms never left her. Sometimes actions did speak louder than words. Slowly nodding as he encouraged her, she felt his kiss on her cheek. “I like cheesy John.” Smiling softly while he cringed, L’aire added. “I think it’s more like an accidental poet?” Her shoulders gently shrugging to an alternative though about his adorable words. First the flowers, now that…and another kiss on the forehead. The Fairest felt better about what she said, but she still felt warm and tingly all over.

Moving to serve up dinner with John she couldn’t help but wonder. L’aire may have not been a musician, but it was a big part of her life. Obviously she liked to be able to dance to nearly anything. “So, you like ballads, like Meatloaf? And Snow Patrol… what else do you like?” In truth, she didn't expect the chaplain to listen to Meatloaf. That was a sweet surprise. "Oh, and we mentioned movies last night. I don't recall you mentioning what you liked." The Dancer looked to his serene eyes while they moved to the table after serving it up. There was a tick in her mind that made her wonder if they spoke of it already. Her memory was not the greatest.

Removing one of the containers from the bag, John tried to think of music he liked. "Hmm, I remember my mother playing Muddy Waters and Tina Turner quite a lot, so they tend to hold quite dear memories for me. As for movies," he began, carefully spooning noodles onto the plates, "I do like something that makes me laugh but isn't too crude. It may seem a bit dated but I've always enjoyed Laurel and Hardy and Charlie Chaplin. Strangely, by extension Jackie Chan's slapstick style makes me chuckle too. I quite liked Rush Hour, very funny. How about you? I know you mentioned dance movies but are there any other genres that you enjoy?"

It was probably a good thing John wasn’t holding her or touching her right now. At the mention of the word mother, L’aire tensed. A flood of memories swirled about. The Fairest held her breath for a moment, and continued to listen to John. Light movies were what he seemed to enjoy. “Music, there’s hardly anything I don’t like. My mother played a lot of Conway Twitty, Patsy Cline and Elvis on records.” L’aire’s voice seemed slightly stiff while she spoke of that music. “But generally, I like anything I can dance too. Sometimes flowing and airy music, and sometimes rhythms that are sensual...among some driving beats.” Her voice quickly regaining warmth. “Rap, is not generally my forte.” Up until that point since they’d met, her violet eyes would flicker to John’s while she spoke; but not for those minutes.

“Movies, though.” L’aire said while she walked to the fridge to retrieve bottles of water. “Hmm, that’s a good question.” The Dancer had to think a moment. “Comedies are good. There’s a few rom…” Pausing a moment, realizing that she was unsure about bringing those up. “I like some sci-fi, probably why I went to the Avengers. Oh, and I really like the James Bond type movies. Secret agents fascinate me for some reason.” Softly laughing, which may have sounded relaxed slightly. Placing the bottles on the table, walking back to where John stood her fingers touched his arm. “This smells great.” Indicating the food.

"It does, doesn't it?" John smiled as he finished serving the food and brought it over to the table, moving around to hold one of the chairs for Sasha to sit down. "After you," he indicated, and once she has taken her seat, John joins her. Picking up his chopsticks, he looks to Sasha with a glint in his eye. "I apologise if I make a mess," he chuckles.

"Thank you." L'aire said sweetly as she sat down. That, was different. She'd had her chair pulled out before, in public where everyone could see. But at her place, where no one else could see, that was something to her. Grinning to John as he chuckled, she playfully made a curious face. "Mess?" Picking up her chopsticks with ease of placement. "What sort of mess?" Pulling a napkin from the holder and placing it on her lap. "And don't worry, messy's fun sometimes." Softly laughing, not entirely sure why she said that. Slowly with each passing moment, L'aire was becoming more comfortable with John.

John laughed as he followed suit and placed a napkin on his lap too. "Just wait and see. If there's more in my stomach as on my lap then I'll be very surprised." He'd never been good with chopsticks, always finding them needlessly difficult and tend to resort to finding a fork in the end. Tonight, however, he was more than happy to try again. Starting with a small bunch of strips, John tried to pluck them from his plate with his utensils, and shook his head as they slipped through and landed back on the plate. Without glancing up, he said, "This could be a long night." Why he said those exact words, however, escaped him. Of course he wanted it to be a long night, where he would spend as much time as possible with Sasha. Trying again with the chopsticks, his tongue peeked out of his mouth as he concentrated, and finally managed to get some food into his mouth successfully, which caused the Ithaeur to smile as he chewed. Bringing his head back up with amusement, John looked into Sasha's eyes and grinned.

L’aire tried very hard not to giggle. But, she couldn’t help it. His concentration leading to his mouth making expressions. “I won’t look down on you if you need a regular fork, John.” She said playfully grinning. “Take as long as you need.” L’aire breathed a chuckle to herself not sure what she was indicating. “May I?” The Fairest gently smiled nodding to his issue.

Moving her plate out of the way, she was thankful her v-neck shirt wasn’t very loose. Leaning forward across the table, she had her own sticks in her hand. “Slide one in the nape of your thumb and first finger, the end is held by your middle and ring finger, gripping it slightly.” Holding it in her dexterous fingers for John to see. While she demonstrated, there had been no feeling of boasting, but wanting to assist him. “Then the other on top balanced with your index finger and thumb. Opening and closing the end.” Picking up a small bunch of noodles, easily fit for a bite which wasn’t far from John’s mouth.

"Oh, I see," John replied as he watched how easy Sasha made using the chopsticks, and as she held some noodles to his mouth, he smiled before opening up and taking them. Closing his mouth, he kept looking into Sasha's eyes as he trapped the utensils playfully with his teeth. With a final grin, he allowed the chopsticks to slide from his mouth and chewed his present.

"Okay," he grinned as he swallowed, "Your turn." Following Sasha's description, he held the chopsticks in a far better position as his initial effort and even though it was nowhere as graceful as Sasha's dextrous fingers, John did manage to pick up a small parcel. With his spare hand cupping under the noodles, John held it near to Sasha's mouth, smiling with success.

Her violets widened, happily surprised at John’s teeth to the sticks. It was teasing to her eyes. L’aire bit her lip while the corner curled into a smirk. “That’s so sexy.” The Fairest whispered, despite not being sure if she said it aloud or not. The Winter Fairest could certainly get use to these moments.

Lightly laughing, she kept her eyes fixed to John as she let her mouth move around the morsel. L’aire’s lips slowly closed around the utensil and her head moved back as the sticks slipped out of her mouth. Chewing and visually savoring it. “Mmm, I think you’ve got it.” Her face shined bright to the gentle man in her gaze.

Not sure if he'd heard what she had whispered correctly, John didn't comment. He'd never been accused of being sexy before and so put it down to simply a turn of phrase. There definitely was something very appealing to feeding Sasha, however, and for such a simple act, he found his heart suddenly increasing in tempo. "Yes, I believe I have," he replied, eyes locked with Sasha's violet spheres. "Tastes delicious. I think I've found my favourite Chinese restaurant." With more confidence, John picked up some more noodles and placed them in his mouth, chewing thoughtfully. Once swallowed, he delicately placed down his chopsticks and opened his water, taking a swig. "This is lovely, thank you, Sasha," John said, rolling her name over his tongue.

The Fairest relished hearing her name almost more than the food. Smiling while she ate, watching John get a little better with the chopsticks with each bite, she easily finished. "I agree, your friend's mention of good noodles was right." L'aire was nearly positive they only tasted as good as they did because of the company. Sipping water here and there as they finished eating, not entirely in silence. There was something so endearing about John, part of her thought she was stuck in a beautiful dream, and she didn't want to wake up.

Once they had finished, the Dancer had placed her napkin on the table and rose from her chair. "I don't have dessert, but I have something that's better than a fortune cookie." L'aire winked and went to the kitchen. In a cupboard she opened, there was a light rustling of a bag. She sat back down and handed John a small square of Dove Promises. "Now, when you open it, there's a little saying inside the wrapper."

Roll a Chance die

Finishing his meal with some effort and more laughs, John wiped his mouth and finished his water. When Sasha stood and mentioned something better than a fortune cookie, his brow raised quizzically. He watched as she got something from the cupboard and chuckled as he realised what it was. Carefully unwrapping it, John's heart was beating fast, wondering just what his 'little moment' would be. As he read the note, he laughed, shook his head and looked into Sasha's eyes. "I am so sorry for this."

He then broke into song, badly. Out of tune, off key, John pulled some truly awful sounds from his voicebox as he ruined one of Meatloaf's classics. But wasn't that the point? To sing out loud without a care of what you sound like? John was only doing what the note said, and enjoying himself.

Once he had sung enough, he looked away quite embarrassed but was laughing, an honest, deep sound that almost crept out as a growl. "I'm glad I apologized beforehand."

Singing it is...
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-29 01:01:25 John Holt rolls 5 to To sing without care (10 Again) 4, 3, 3, 2, 1 failure
    2012-10-29 00:57:56 John Holt rolls 1 to What does it say? 4 failure

As John apologized the first time she was puzzled but a wry smile was on her face. L'aire sat down next to him grinning sweetly. And then he sang... It may not have been the most amazing thing ever, or even that good; but at least he tried and played along. Laughing with John she shook her head. "Well, I didn't think it was that bad." With a sincere tone, not really caring what he sounded like, but that he did it. Gently, she traced a finger over the back of his hand.

Taking a deep breath pretending to psych herself up. "Okay, here goes." L'aire unwrapped the chocolate and then shook her head in dismay. "I see I got the same one." Now, she was a little nervous, for no reason really. It was all supposed to be for fun, but why was she so worried about impressing a man who told her so many wonderful things as it was. Playfully clearing her through, she sang the first stanza of Eurythmics. Grimacing a little she shook her head quickly. "Well, that wasn't so hot." Shrugging and laughing heartily for a moment, she looked into John's eyes. "Thank you for playing along. I don't think that's ever happened before." Slowly she placed the piece of chocolate on her tongue her finger gently touching her lip as it closed with the candy in her mouth.

Just a little bit
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-29 01:38:19 Sasha Sings rolls 7 to do something insignificant (10 Again) 2, 5, 9, 6, 2, 1, 3 1 success
    2012-10-29 01:26:21 Sasha the message? rolls 1 to do something insignificant (10 Again, Chance) 4 failure

S
    Sasha

The light touch on the back of his hand was like magic and he bashfully smiled. He knew how bad he'd sounded but her sweet, kind words showed him how caring she was despite nearly ruining a song.

"Must be the same batch," John grinned as he sat back in his seat, waiting for Sasha to begin. When she did, he kept his eyes locked with her own, smiling with appreciation, letting her sweet voice wash over him. When she finished, he shook his head. "Actually, I thought it was very hot," John replied before realising what he had said, eyes going wide. In truth, he was talking about both her singing and the way she ate the chocolate, and quickly popped his own candy into his mouth, quietly eating it. Once finished, John stood and began to tidy away the plates, brushing his hand across Sasha's shoulders as he leant to pick up her empty plate.

Chuckling playfully, enjoying these moments she grinned. “Nearly as sexy as you biting my chopstick?” She said with honesty in her eyes. John’s simple shoulder touch sent a rush through her. Would it always be like this? Picking up the rest of the plates, she followed John into the kitchen and turned on the water to wash them quickly.

L’aire could swim in this sweet simplicity of the little things John did. The Fairest let his words linger after she heard his compliment and retorted with her own. Why did he say such things to her and the words came out with depth. Not fake, disgusting or sucking up just to get something. “It feels different when you say it.” Her eyes lifted up to John while she continued washing their dishes.

Chuckling as he helped by drying the dishes, John looked back into Sasha's eyes, a mischievous glint sparkling on his blue eyes. "My, whatever do you mean?" he grinned innocently. Well, not too innocently. John had known exactly what she had said, what had startled him was where it'd come from.

L’aire looked away and back to the dishes. Cringing inside, wishing she was more eloquent with words. Instead what came out was something soft and weighted. “It doesn’t feel hollow.” She said after a minute of trying to find a way to say it, without giving him much detail. John didn’t need that. This was only night two, full of great beginnings and the Fairest didn’t want to mar what was a perfect start. Shaking her head and breathing in L'aire put the last dish on the towel. The Dancer wasn't very good at segues, as she spoke again. "Does the movie need to be opened?" Indicating the wrapper for the box.

Tilting his head, John looked at Sasha for a few seconds after she replied before turning back to the dishes and helping to finish. The way she mentioned about it not feeling hollow made him wonder just if she had been hurt in the past, and the thought of someone hurting Sasha....well, he swallowed down the emotions. That's the path of ruination.

John placed a hand on Sasha's as they finished, smiling. "Yes, it does. Although thinking about it now, I should have picked up some popcorn at the same time. Silly me," he chuckled, before slowly turning so his back was against the sideboard. "I must say, I'm quite excited. I mentioned something to a colleague at work and he said he's watched Avengers six times!" John grinned with amusement. "I'm intrigued to see what type of movie is worth seeing so many times. Shall we?"

L'aire was glad her answer sufficed, she didn't want to go into more details. But she knew it would come up one day; not tonight though. Not when she wanted to get to know him and smile more and more. “Don’t worry about popcorn, I'm far too full from dinner. Besides, there’s more chocolate.” Gleaming in a mischievous grin. Picking up the movie from the counter, L’aire returned to stand in front of John. Fiddling with the movie while she spoke. “Wow, six times? It was good, I’ll admit. But that many times in the theatre must come from a huge fan.” Raising her brow she added. “Now you own it, so you can watch it over and over again if it is that good.” The Fairest chuckled softly. Her brow quirked and she looked at the DVD, stepping closer to John she let it drop down to her side. L’aire’s graceful hand slipped down to waist level and she leaned closer to him. She breathed a bit staggered, despite the fact the Dancer knew she was being playful. Her fingers moved to slip on the outside edge of John’s hip and past him… to open the drawer to the side behind him. A wry smile laid upon her lips while she beamed into his eyes.

"I do like chocolate," John blurted out and could only watch with held breath as Sasha moved up close to him, so close that he couldn't take his eyes from her. Her playful nature ignited his wolf side, a playfulness that seemed natural. So, in keeping with the mood, he stepped to the side so his butt blocked the drawer, giving a wry smile of his own.

"Mmm, so, since you've trapped my hand behind you..." The Dancer's arm a little around his hip, while her hand was caught. She could probably wiggle free if she wanted, or bend her hand and arm in a way not touch him... but she didn't. L'aire pulled up the movie and shook it to the side. "Do you have a better way of opening it?" The Fairest was perhaps close enough to meet his lips, if she were to stand on her toes. Her body lingered so very close to his, L'aire could nearly feel the warmth from him if it weren't for the feel of the blood rushing through her veins from a few nerves. This was a level she was comfortable with, she didn't have to talk or think about saying stupid things for now. "Or some alternate plan, John..." L'aire's violets held tight to Jon's blues as she lingered on his name. "The movie is apparently exciting..." Shaking the movie again with a little ring to her voice.

When their bodies drew closer, John could feel his own heart start to beat faster as the butterflies returned. Barely inches apart, the Ithaeur smiled as he inclined his head to stare into Sasha's eyes, feeling the spark flare once more between them.

With a light chuckle, John stepped aside but turned his body to face her so she could enter the drawer unhindered. The moment she did so, John leant closer to whisper into her ear. "I do like exciting."

Instead of grabbing a utensil out of the drawer, the Dancer's graceful hand slowly moved from John's backside, along the side of his torso and to his chest. L'aire really couldn't resist the words exciting, but didn't want to push things too far, not yet. "There are many forms of exciting, John." Thankful he couldn't feel her cool breath as she whispered back. His neck so close to her mouth, she leaned in and softly placed her lips on his skin. "But I'll leave that definition up to you." L'aire said gently, despite being very nervous. Her fingers softly patted his chest where they laid. In John's close proximity, it was hard to concentrate.

Still only the second night, there was so many things she was unsure of. But one thing she was certain of, she wanted whatever happened to last longer than two nights. For a Winter, it was probably too early to tell; but for once she had hope. And hope for herself was something she had not let herself have for a long time.

The Ithaeur grinned Sasha placed her hand on his chest, and had no fear that she could feel his heartbeat against her palm. He placed his own hand over the back of hers as he stared into her violet eyes. After what seemed like an eternity, he bent his head down and kissed her fingers as he raised her hand slightly from his chest. "How about we start with a movie and see just how exciting it claims to be?" John whispered, once again looking into her eyes, perhaps with an air of nervousness.

So far, as their nights progressed or as L'aire was uncertain about things, John always had the right answer. Maybe it was because he was a chaplain that it came so naturally. A gentle man who was also a gentleman. She could feel his heartbeat for a moment before John picked up her hand. Nodding slowly, she breathed in just delighted at the whole evening so far. "That sounds perfect, John." Her eyes looked into his a lingering moment. Then as if she remembered what her hand felt like and that it was holding a movie she suddenly remembered. "Oh, I'm going to need a table knife. Unless you want to bite through the wrapper like you bit down on my chopstick." The Fairest grinned ear to ear.

"Oh, right, yes," John replied, remembering why she actually wanted to go into the drawer. When she mentioned biting through the wrapper, an image of a forlorn looking wolf with a half-mauled DVD dangling from his jaws seemed to flutter into his mind. He chuckled to himself and shook his head. "No, probably not. My teeth aren't designed for plastic."

L'aire puleld out a utensil out of the drawer slitting the plastic quickly then placing it in the sink. Removing the wrapper and putting it in the trash, she returned to John and slipped her hand into his and began to lead him to the bedrooms, which of course lead to her 'living room' on the one side. Once they got into the room she let go of his hand. "I've got this. You can sit wherever you'd like." Although the couch was about the only place to sit and she didn't know why she said that. Turning on the tv she leaned over to put the disc into the player. But she kept wondering how this was going to work next, comfort levels and other things she was sure she was over thinking.

Holding hands was quite a new experience for John and one that he could get used to quite easily, and when he was led into the living room/bedroom, John took a seat on the couch and waited for Sasha to turn on the tv and put the DVD into the player. Getting comfortable, he looked down at his feet. "Would you mind if I take my shoes off?" he asked, smiling as if to cover some sort of embarrasment. "Sorry, its an old habit. I can keep them on if its weird."

L’aire pivoted around as John spoke and she grinned. “I don’t mind John.” Looking at the hardwood floors nearly wishing she had a rug or something. Most of the time she padded around in ballet flats or socks. “Its not weird at all.” The fact he was slowly getting more comfortable around her was curbing her fears. Slipping off her own flat shoes, she sat them by the end of the couch. The Fairest sat down, near John but not next to him and not entirely opposite on the sofa. The remote was in her hand, and she turned to him with a soft smile on her face. “Let me know when you’re ready.” L’aire did wonder how loudly her body language may have been saying, ‘I want to be closer.’ Taking things slow was also confusing her with comfort levels. John was so unlike other men, and that wasn't just the chaplain part.

Looking down after Sasha said that it wasn't weird, John carefully undone the laces on his boots and slid them off to reveal black fluffy socks, the type that were standard army issue; warm and comfortable. Once his feet were free of the confines of his boots, John sat back on the couch and wiggled his toes, smiling. He also, almost automatically, shuffled along the couch slightly so he was closer to Sasha, and looked at her with a natural, easy smile. "All ready when you are."

L’aire had been sitting to John’s left as she casually watched him remove his shoes. It was meticulous and done with a deal of care. “John, you’re always free to make yourself comfortable here.” Smiling with her eyes holding an endeared look. When he moved closer, there was a feeling she had now. A craving for his touch or embrace some way or some how. Clicking the remote after John said he was ready, L’aire leaned over to him. Her shoulder touched his arm, and her head rested on John’s shoulder her arm tucked beneath his then wrapped around his arm. “If this isn’t okay, just tell me.” There was a slight uncertain sigh before she added. “Or if you’d like to sit a different way, we can.”

John couldn't help but be in awe of Sasha, her caring way quite apparent. When she rested her head on his shoulder, he smiled, and automatically moved his arm so it was around her shoulders, his hand resting on her left arm where he traced small circles with his fingers. It set his heart racing again but it also allowed the fragrance of her hair to fully engulf his senses. It was intoxicating. "Is this okay?" he asked as her head rested upon his chest.

L'aire's pulse raced, not nearly as fast as when they kissed. She could get use to this. There was a gentle pleasing sigh or hum of contentedness as John wrapped his arm around her. "More than okay, John." Her ear on his chest she could hear the rhythm of his heart. He was undeniably sweet and the Fairest felt like she was on cloud nine. "This is heavenly." She said without thinking as the movie began; curling into him more. And something she may not of thought of or didn't cross her mind, there was a feeling that his arms around her lead to, feeling safe and not alone. Even though she wanted to let John in, she was still the cautious Winter. But all it would take was more days around the gentle man.

When the movie began, needless to say, John was a little confused at who was who and then came to the conclusion that he was overthinking the film. Instead, he relaxed into the couch some more with his arm encompassing Sasha's shoulders, and found that throughout the many thrilling set pieces and interestingly colourful characters, John couldn't fall entirely into the movie. The feeling of Sasha's weight leaning onto him, her scent a constant reminder of how close they were, how comfortable John had become. Throughout the movie, John never fidgeted, instead finding his hand playing with her hair, twirling it through his fingers or running his hand down her arm to place it on her side. He made the occasional comment, asked the odd question here and there but nothing to spoil the enjoyment he was having. As the film came to its dramatic end, his hand was resting very close to her hip and he was grinning. "My goodness, that was quite spectacular. Who would have known the Hulk was so angry all the time?"

L’aire was utterly relaxed. There was the commotion of the movie playing, and she didn’t really care. For a the Dancer, she was surprised she didn’t have the urge to move, reposition or anything. Well, other than the outside arm that slipped across John’s torso as she relaxed further and further. The Fairest was also entranced by the rhythm of his heartbeat and her breathing fell naturally in tandem with his. She’d been wined and dined a few times over, but this; was better than that. His touch, fiddling with her hair was all too intoxicating. Even something as simple as watching a movie seemed to be beautiful.

As his hand went to her hip, L’aire’s head nuzzled slowly into his chest. “That’s a lot of pent up frustration I guess.” L’aire’s hand had found John’s opposite arm and began to slowly trace along his bicep. Her fingers meandered down to his forearm a little and through the sleeve of his shirt, faintly she felt the scars of his arm. And like a spell being broken, she breathed in and retracted her fingers. Without thinking she softly asked. “Does it hurt?” Way to sour another moment. Her body stiffened slightly in a flinch, scolding herself for asking.

With a slight frown of confusion, John looked down at Sasha, wondering what she meant.

"Does what hurt, Sasha?" he asked, voice slightly worried if he'd done something inappropriate.

L'aire looked upward, though it was awkward due to the angle. "The marks on your arms, John." She said gently. Her face hung in apology, wondering if he had just wanted to ignore her touching it or not wanting to discuss it. She could understand that. "I'm sorry."

Compassion filled John's face as he looked down into Sasha's eyes, so inviting and welcoming. He bent forwards and kissed her forehead. As he sat back straight, he was smiling easily. "No, they don't hurt. They are a part of me, and have helped me to be the man I am. Scars, whether physical or mental, are simply stories of a person, part of their character." John paused looking at the tv as the credits rolled. "I mean, even the Avengers have scars. It makes them stronger. My scars have made me stronger, in mind and body."John looked back down. "Sorry, too heavy," he apologized with a smile.

Since John didn’t detail the cause of them, she decided not to ask further questions. They were what made him, despite not knowing where he had came from before they were there. Yet why question this man who was incredibly sweet? But his answer struck her own mental scars. “I see what you’re saying.” L’aire let her hand slowly move back over his stomach to his arm again. This time letting her fingers trickle over his forearm. Distracting herself from what plagued her mind.

Shaking her head very slightly. “Not to heavy, John.” Her violet eyes looked into his blues. “I was just afraid to ask.” Slender fingers gently caressed John’s arm. “Some scars are hard to talk about.” And the Fairest knew this all to well. Straining her neck slightly, L’aire moved upward and kissed his cheek. “But I’ll always listen.” And in her violet eyes, there was something more buried deep. But she smiled still, kissing his lips softly.

Feeling her lips on his cheek caused John to smile. Feeling them on his own lips made his eyes close and a soft sigh to escape. He reciprocated the kiss fully by turning his body so it was not such a strain on Sasha to contort upwards, and slid down slightly so they were on a similar level. His hand ran along the side of her body, almost tickling her without thinking while his other hand twiddled with her blonde locks.

A pleased sigh came from L'aire as she was re-positioned with John. She let her lips meld with his and letting go the fervor within. John's hand didn't tickle, but it did create goosebumps along her skin. Unconsciously balancing herself, L'aire's slender leg moved over John's slightly. The Dancer's fingertips gently moved up his arm and over John's chest, curling to the buttons in his shirt. Delicately encircling them, she was aware of John's hold on her; not just literally. The Fairest wanted to follow his lead, let him guide her but that wasn't working very well for the Dancer. Wrapped up in him, she let her passion take over slowly. Without thinking, L'aire's fingers softly undid a button on John's shirt.

When Sasha began to unbutton his shirt, John didn't notice. Instead, he fell farther into their kiss, one of his hands unintentionally slipping down to rest on her thigh when her lithe leg rested onto his. For years and years, John had used the fact that he was a chaplain and he would only seek a relationship when the right woman came along for so long, it had become a shield to hide behind. The bike ride had been so instinctive, John couldn't help but think this was all part of Luna's plan, and with that thought, a barrier had been unlocked in his mind. He kissed Sasha without shame or guilt, knowing that he would protect her, want her, for as long as he drew breath. He was not one to rush into anything, and so when his mind had been set, nothing could change it. And so, John broke from kissing Sasha's lips to kiss her neckline, feeling her pulse on his lips with each heartbeat.

L'aire began to feel a tearing inside. By her court, by her past and by herself. John's hand on her thigh awakened the physical connection she'd broken off from anyone in years. The Winter's life had been full of internal sorrow for so long, she was afraid and happy all at once. And being in the Onyx court, she knew just one single moment could be life changing. So why couldn't it change in a good way for once. Maybe she wasn't supposed to punish herself anymore. Her other hand which had been dormant and sort of between the two of them, slowly moved up John's side in a sweetened touch. But fingers with the buttons were slow, only another button had been done. And with that, her hand froze a moment, waiting. L'aire didn't know where this was going, and his role as a chaplain had to come with sacrifices, or at least that's what she was told. His lips on her neck caused her to sigh again, in such a way it was inviting and she didn't realize it. L'aire was basking in the feel of their closeness, the touch of his lips on her skin, her heart skipped a beat; maybe two.

He heard the sigh and paused the kissing to smile, something satisfactory with the sound. Looking up, his blue eyes scanned her perfect skin. It was at this point when he noticed her hand touching his buttons, and how his chest had been exposed slightly. Glancing down to her hand, he seemed to wonder if he was seeing things, having forgotten what it was like to be undressed by someone else. Without a word, John looked back into Sasha's violet eyes, smiled pleasingly and moved in closer to kiss her once again.

The Fairest's body coaxed her along as it began swallowing her rationale. John's eyes looking upon her made a certain part of her want him even more. L'aire's lips receptive to his once more. And there had begun the hint of emotions that came with this, she couldn't explain after two days. The Dancer's arm slipped around to John's back and with delicate caressing fingers, they trickled along his spine. This time, a finger slipped into his shirt feeling his warm skin as again L'aire slowly unfastened another button. With a slight ache as she parted her lips from his. "I keep waiting for you to stop me." Her voice barely above a whisper. Closing her eyes, she kissed his cheek softly. If she was nervous at all, it wasn't the actions but the feeling behind them; mixed for not only herself, but John as well. What about that other thing you wanted before going down this road ever again? There was a part of her that felt that someone above would smite her for all of this.

John couldn't help but chuckle at Sasha's words. "If it makes you feel any better," he whispered back, not finding the need to speak very loudly while being so close. "So do I." The way her fingers played with his spine caused goosebumps to raise and a slight shiver to go down his back. Glancing down to his shirt, he seemed to smirk playfully. "It would seem as you're already halfway through my shirt, there's probably no point in trying to stop you anyway."

L'aire wasn't sure what answer she was expecting, but she playfully smiled back. "It does." The Fairest smiled and she finished his buttons. Her hand ran over his chest feeling his skin warm beneath her own. More electricity surged through her body. Looking up into John's blue eyes she smiled, and was honest, despite being flirty. "I'm torn between wanting more, and going slow." Leaning towards him kissing John's bare chest. Which was probably confusing after what she said.

Reaching her hand up to John's face, she let her palm cradle around his jawline. "John, you make me feel amazing and.... I feel it's just begun." L'aire breathed in which was jagged and reflecting of her nervousness to speak. "Not just the closeness or physical... I mean...everything flutters around when you're near." Looking into John's eyes as an apologetic expression passed over her face. "I probably shouldn't be saying that since this is only the second night." The Fairest bit her lip a moment after holding her breath whispered. "But I can't help it."

John bent his head down and placed a gentle kiss on Sasha's head, a way of reminding her that no matter what she said, he'd understand. "We can go as slow as you like, Sasha," he replied, his voice soft as his arms encircled her fully. "Its all new to me this type of relationship. But I know its something that I want. I've been alone for too long, Sasha, and..." John paused, seeking the words. "I don't want to be alone anymore."

"But you've only known me two..." L'aire stopped herself, and stopped herself from over thinking. Nodding to John's reassuring words, feeling his embrace surrounding her. "Someone like you, is knew to me." Her eyes widened a moment not realizing she said it out loud. And when John said he didn't want to be alone anymore, the blood rushed through her veins as her heart beat in her chest. The Fairest had also been alone and she could empathize with him. "John..." She softly whispered as she looked into his serene eyes. "I don't either." The Winter nearly couldn't believe that it came out of her mouth, but she couldn't hide it anymore, and maybe something or someone else was telling her it was time. "But... there is one thing I want to ask and I um..." L'aire took a deep breath in before speaking. "Chaplain and se.... intimacy. I'm a little lost...or confused.... or afraid of messing something up." Searching into John's eyes, hoping he knew what she was trying say.

There was a pause at the question and John sighed heavily. He was not a liar and would not start now, especially to Sasha, and even though he was slightly afraid of the answer and consequences, he would never wish to mislead the beautiful woman in such a manner. "As a chaplain, I took a vow of celibacy, its true, and I took it solemnly as a mark of my faith. Yet, my faith now has never been stronger, and I do not believe the Almighty will strike me down. I'm not that type of boy," he added with a light chuckled, a reminder of what Sasha had said to him only the night before. "As I said before, Sasha, we can take it slow, steady, and not rush into anything. Simply being in your company, talking with you, building a foundation. These things are important to me. If it develops into a more physical relationship, then that is an oath I will be willing to revisit."

L'aire breathed a sigh of relief as John spoke. He'd thought this through already so it seemed. Could he be more perfect? "You have such a gift with words John." L'aire's tone was soothing now, as she'd calmed after he spoke. John melted her. She even physically felt everything relax. And with those words, whether he knew it or not yet, she was his. "I understand now. I want to build these things with you too." The Fairest wanted to say more, but she couldn't. Despite taking things slow, for now, L'aire wanted a little more. Moving in such a manner, she took his hand and slid it from where it was to a place on her side toward the top. And when her lips met his, what was held back before was now released. L'aire realized there was perhaps an ache on her lips, but she was not aware the emotions kissing John contained. It wasn't hollow, it was starting to gain depth. Meanwhile her hand returned to his bare chest, and delicately traced over his skin.

Relief flooded through John. This was a conversation he'd been having with himself ever since they danced in the moonlight outside the Fort, wondering just how they could make this work. When Sasha said she understood him and what he wanted, he felt the urge to head outside to howl to Luna to express his happiness, his emotions buoyant on invisible winds. Yet when her lips touched his again, John decided it would be better to stay especially as she placed his hand on her side.

He could howl later.

When her hand once again began to circle his chest, he grinned mid-kiss. "Ok, that tickles," the chaplain replied, trying to not squirm.

S
    Sasha

L'aire's eyes popped open and she giggled. "Sorry." Biting her lip a little she added. "I didn't realize you were so ticklish." Smiling back to him, she let her hand softly move over him in a less tickling way. "Are you comfortable John?" The Fairest asked considering he'd been holding her in nearly the same fashion for quite some time. Unconsciously, her hand stopped at rest over John's heart.

Looking into his eyes, there was uncertainty as L'aire went to speak again. "I know we're taking things slow." She paused breathing in so she wouldn't screw up. "I don't know if you have anything going on in the morning." Then she realized something else before she could take anything back. "And you're probably ill prepared." Her fingers slipped to John's shirt and fidgeted. "But, would you stay?" And then it swarmed over her what John said last night.

"Me neither," John laughed, his chest rising and falling with each breath, "I've always considered myself quite non-ticklish. Who would have thought?" When Sasha's hand began to stroke his chest more softly, his arms slightly increased their hold around her. "Oh, very comfortable, thanks," he sighed with a pretty huge dose of contentment. This is bliss.

The question caught him a little unawares, but John wasn't sure why. Hadn't he suggested, almost begged, the same thing the night before? The Ithaeur waited for Sasha to finish, never breaking his gaze from her enticing eyes. "I would love to."

And with these four simple words, John's heart began to race double time, the blood in his system flooding his muscles and flesh with adrenaline, a mix of nerves and excitement in a split second.

Laughing and winking with John. "Maybe my touch is too gentle?" A wide playful grin followed. What was so enjoyable about this, was being herself. No need to impress anyone, pretend about anything. And if the first days with someone were the mirror for everything that followed, she couldn't wait for each new day. "Okay. I just didn't want to wear you out. Your arms." Her shoulders moved indicating the feel of his arms around her.

Did I say what I think I said? L'aire realized it was too late now, but she was following another instinct besides the Onyx court. The truth was she wanted him, not just because she needed the physical side but because of the way she felt around him. But, the Winter felt she may have been punishing John for her own mistakes. How she needed something more before other things happened. "Okay." Perhaps the ice she'd wound around her heart was slower to melt than she thought. Something was on her mind, and it was clear in her eyes. "I um..." She cringed. "Really don't want to ruin the mood..." L'aire held her breath again thinking before speaking. "And I don't know how to explain this." Shouldn't have said anything. "I shouldn't make you pay for my past." Oh that's brilliant... And then, the panic set in. "Oh god that's not what I meant." Even in John's arms, she felt herself pulling away. "I uh..." And then she held her breath, her eyes locked to John's.

As Sasha stumbled with her words, John sat up slightly on his elbow, propping up to give her some space as he could sense her sudden unease. His brows furrowed slightly in confusion."You've lost me, I'm afraid, Sasha. What do you mean? What's worrying you?" he asked, his voice soft but definitely confused.

"John, I'm not perfect." She finally said after holding her breath, even while John had spoke. "Going about this slow... that I want to make sure of things before...." Another staggered breath drew in and out. Part of her issue when she was emotional, or nervous. "I just want to make sure this isn't just a few nights... or that its fake." L'aire looked away, she surly didn't want to hurt him by saying what was truly her issue. "I'm so bad at this." Suddenly Lorenzo's voice was in her mind. 'Keep quiet and look amazing.' L'aire still couldn't look up to him, but she touched his chest on the left. "But you've given me no reason to believe that it would be." The Winter wasn't sure she helped with his confusion, in fact she probably made it worse for John.

John let Sasha speak, release the fears she had inside, the doubts that seemed to plague her. He could feel his own emotions stir, and he wanted to find out exactly what had happened to her to have made her have such doubts. But not tonight. When she was ready, John was certain she would want to speak, and he would never force anything. Gently, ever so gently, John stroked a hand across her cheek, the warmth from his hand apparent as he raised her face to look into her eyes. "We all have a past, Sasha, and no one is perfect. Not you, not I. We are just people, and we must live with every choice we make." He was smiling, a naturally calming smile to ease her fears. "Yet we don't have to go through it alone. When you find someone to trust, or feel comfortable with, then their true worth will become apparent. I would like to be that person in your life whether its as a friend or something more."

His hand on her face made her heart flip flop. It wasn't just a touch, just a caress, just warm it was caring and deep and warmth that was something more than temperature. L'aire looked into John's caring eyes while he spoke. He always knew exactly what to say, and more importantly didn't tell her to be quiet and deal with it. "Thank you." Whispering as her head leaned into his hand, returning his smile with a small one of her own. "Something more, I hope." And...I think I said that out loud. She inhaled a staggered breath again. L'aire relaxed and just looked at John for a few moments. Where did he come from? To think she wouldn't have cared to get thrown off his bike that night, to suddenly want to wake up in the morning. Pulling herself up to him, she wrapped her arms around John. Even through her clothes, she could feel the warmth of his bare chest. Kissing his neck as she did, whispering "Thank you..." again.

When Sasha kissed his neck, a shiver of excitement ran through John's body, and as she whispered, her breath caused him to smile. Why am I so ticklish? he thought, bemused. His arms continued to wrap around her but he was still a little confused and when he spoke, his confusion was a little apparent. "Sasha, uh, would you like me to still stay?"

Gasping slightly. "Oh." With a little embarrassment and regret. Blushing as L'aire pulled her face to look at John. "I'm really sorry, John." Her eyes looked apologetic as they lingered on his. The Winter Fairest realized just how much she made a mess of things. Now she was concerned herself. How many mixed signals would he take before he didn't put up with it anymore? "Please, stay." Her violet eyes gazed into his, if they were pleading she didn't realize it. "Even if it's just to be held all night long." L'aire grimaced right after speaking and held her breath a moment, a free hand came up to her face rubbing her temple in personal frustration. "That was so corny." Sighing, and frustrated with herself. "I really should have kept quiet."

"I quite like corny," John said out loud as he took hold of her hand and removed it from her temple, instead replacing it with his own fingers to lightly rub the sides of her head. "And I love hearing you talk. It makes me smile." The Ithaeur paused, shook his before chuckling. "See, corny."

"So, any plans for tomorrow?" John whispered as he massaged Sasha's head, his fingers slowly working small circles.

"I'm glad it does." L'aire said with her own grin. So different...so sweet. After all she'd put herself through, and been through, the Winter wondered if she deserved any of this. But those were questions for when she was alone. Closing her eyes and breathing in while John rubbed her head she felt herself relaxing again. "Tomorrow, Sunday." The Fairest looked up for a moment and it was more like a second. "No, I don't work on Sundays. Unless there's a recital scheduled." Looking back to John's eyes, contented and sweetened. "Do you have any plans, John?" Thankfully she wasn't important enough in the freehold to be needed anywhere.

Continuing to massage her head, moving slightly to get a better angle with his hands, John shook his head. "Believe it or not, I get most Sundays off. A bit ironic, really," he laughed as he attempted to rub away Sasha's concerns. Slowly, his hands moved down to her shoulders, where he began to lightly knead the muscles. He'd never done this himself, but has had some physio in the past, before his First Change, especially on his neck and shoulders. He understood just how much tension could be held in those two spots. "Silly question but I'm going to risk it anyway. What do you eat for breakfast?"

Playfully, she scrunched her shoulders together. "Really? I wouldn't have guessed no Sundays." When John's hand moved down and began to massage, she held back the urge to moan with delight. It'd been a long time before L'aire had anyone do that. "That feels good." The Dancer closed her eyes for a moment and then reopened them with a relaxed gaze. "Not a silly question." Smiling to him with a welcoming grin. "A protein breakfast bar, usually." L'aire shrugged a little and shook her head. "Nothing exciting. I haven't really eaten breakfasty stuff in a while." Reaching her hand up, L'aire's hand tapped softly upon John's chest. "How about you? What do you eat?"

"Oh, eggs on toast, nothing fancy," smirking slightly as her hand tapped on his bare chest, and one of his feet unconsciously began to play with one of Sasha's feet. "I sometimes give in to temptation and treat myself to a bowl of cereal but only now and again. They're so sweet and sugar-laden, its like eating cookies in a bowl," John chuckled as he continued to gently knead Sasha's shoulders. "What is a breakfast bar like?" he asked, obviously never having tasted it before.

“Mmm, I haven’t had eggs for a while. Or bacon for that matter.” L’aire chuckled. “Not since Vegas if I'm not mistaken.” Shrugging a little at what seemed so long ago, but was only a few months. Her feet surly felt John’s own foot playing with hers. It was very cute to her. The little things.

“Giving into temptation?” The Fairest gave John a wry smile and tugged his open shirt a little. Her fingers went to trace his chest again and started moving along one side. But she retracted them when she quickly remembered it tickled. “A little sugar here and there doesn’t hurt.” L’aire winked, but it was pretty obvious she wasn’t talking about cereal. She breathed in deeply and closed her eyes, enjoying the way John’s hands felt in her muscles.

Her eyes opened and debated on how to explain the silly stuff she ate in the morning. “A breakfast bar. It’s really…boring? Its more of a thing to eat out of necessity.” The Fairest wrinkled her nose a little. “I suppose if I learned to cook I would probably eat different.” It oddly never bothered her before, but it did now; and she couldn't explain it.

"I love eggs, and bacon. So delicious."

Sasha's fingers tracing his chest caused John to shiver and grin, and his feet teased her own feet some more, trying to see whether she was ticklish in her own right. "Oh, don't get me wrong, I can only cook on the most basic level. If it can be boiled or fried, then I can cook it," John chuckled as his hands slowly ceased rubbing her shoulders, and slowly moved down to stroke her arms. Suddenly, however, he found himself stifling a yawn and looked very abashed. "Oh, I'm so sorry."

John was so natural and honest with her, the more she looked at him the more she could imagine some things. "Well that's a step ahead of me. I should experiment a little more now." L'aire didn't realize she said 'now' as in she had a reason to, but she did. As John's arms moved over her, the Fairest just enjoyed the feel of the contact no matter where it was. When she saw him yawn, she nearly yawned herself. "No, no it's okay. We were up late last night too." She smiled to his sweet face, remembering many firsts from the prior evening. "Maybe we should go to bed."

I just said 'we.' L'aire's heart began to race. She wasn't sure if it was the fact she said we or because the Dancer was about to be in the arms of such a wonderful man all night long. What would he wear? How would this work? She knew she was over worrying at something simple. Bending her arm up that John was softly stroking, her hand moved beneath his and her fingers laced into his own. "That is, if you still want to, John." Her violet eyes looked into his soft blues.

"Sorry," John apologised again, still looking embarrassed by his yawn but Sasha's finger's locking his his seemed to fit perfectly, and he slowly pulled himself up to standing, keeping his grip with her. "It sounds perfect," he said, smiling down to the dancer. He looked into her violet eyes and said, in the utmost honesty, a nervous chuckle escaping his lips, "I've got butterflies, which has probably completely and utterly ruined the mood."

You can talk to a rogue Spirit or go hunt the Pure, but this makes you nervous?

L'aire looked up to him from the couch and then pulled herself up, her hand never left his. "John, I do too." The Fairest had done far more than this before, but this was different. So entirely different in her eyes. "As you keep reassuring me...you're not ruining anything." With a gentle voice. The Fairest was forcing herself to wait despite wanting more. Still not letting go of his hand L'aire gave him a coy smile. "So, how shall we do this? I'm sorry I don't really have any pajamas for you to wear." The Dancer's mind drifted for a moment to boxers or briefs. "I don't mind letting you..." The Fairest stopped herself and then quickly continued in another direction. "I do have an extra toothbrush though, gotta love multi-packs." She softly chuckled with her own nervous rambling. L'aire started walking backwards like it was nothing smiling to John. The Fairest didn't know why she said the other out loud.

When they would reach her bedroom, it was the same size as the other room. There was a dresser and chest of drawers and a fairly large closet, to which the doors were closed. A small nightstand next to a full sized bed with a lamp and the only picture on display in the apartment on it with streaks on the glass. The bed linens were a mixture of various soft blues from dark to medium. But like the rest of the apartment, it was bare.

His heart was racing as Sasha led him into her bedroom, and even though John knew full well they wouldn't be actually getting intimate, this was the first time in over twenty years since John had shared a bed with anyone, and as she mentioned a lack of pyjamas, the full realisation that he really wasn't prepared for this hit home. "Oh, umm, I guess I'll have to wear my underwear," he said out loud with a nervous smile and then chuckled with a shake of his head. "Thanks for the toothbrush. I guess, well, I'm a bit unprepared." Still holding Sasha's hand, he glanced from her eyes to look around the room, taking in the fact it was as bare as her kitchen and lounge but not judging. His own apartment was sparse for good reason.

In his line of work, it could all end at a moment's notice.

"Soooo," John said, perhaps with one too many o's, "How would you like to do this?" He was still smiling but obviously in unknown territory, a new situation for the chaplain. "Is there a certain side you sleep?"

L'aire grinned a little sheepish as John mentioned he was unprepared. "I guess I put you on the spot." Nodding to the side that was toward the wall. "That side, away from the door." And she didn't think of the reason why, she just always had. With a playful grin, trying to ease some tension she looked up at John. "Would it make you feel better if we slept similarly?" The Fairest unbuttoned the top button of her blouse, but if she was enticing at all it wasn't intentional. In fact, it looked very nonchalant like she'd done it plenty of times. "As in, the same as you'd be wearing?" She took a breath and shook her head looking away and released his hand. "Sorry, I shouldn't have said that." Turning to the dresser to open a drawer. L'aire was way more concerned about what came out of her mouth than being unclothed around him. You are too old to be this awkward.

John couldn't help but chuckle, letting some of the nervousness seep away. "Its okay, really. Its the spontaneity that's making it fun." When Sasha indicated the side she slept on, John was actually quite pleased. It meant he'd be getting the door side, which was where he slept anyway. Deep down, it was also where he could protect her. As she undone her top button, John felt the butterflies once again suddenly fly around his stomach and he looked down as he slipped off his own shirt. John knew he wasn't that ripped, and before tonight, he'd never worried about it. Now, however, he really wished he'd done more running.

"Oh, ummm, whatever you're comfortable with, Sasha," John replied awkwardly, hands on his belt, which he had already started to unbuckle, pausing before undoing the button on his pants. He also turned away from Sasha slightly, to give her some privacy as she got undressed.

"Well, I'm more worried about your comfort, John." She said gently while turned to the dresser. There's probably a special hell for tempting a chaplain. If the Fairest entirely believed in that anymore. Why did I have to make stupid promises to myself? She had glanced over to John as she reached into the drawer to pull out her pajamas and gripped them for a moment when he took off his shirt. When there was a connection with someone, everything about them was beautiful, or handsome in this case. Then she heard the buckle and turned slipping off her pants with her blouse draping over while she quickly slipped on the cropped pajama pants. L'aire was actually more concerned about making John uncomfortable. In another easy motion, she removed her blouse and what remained beneath it setting them on top of the dresser. Her back mainly facing to him other than when she turned to gab the camisole top to slip it on. The navy blue shirt which matched the pants that rested at her hips, didn't go all the way down as it was cut to be more of a midriff type.

Turning back to John, she smiled gently and it was clear to see one of the thin straps fell off her shoulder. "Just to let you know, the offer of equality still stands." Giggling and shaking her head, tugging at her shirt to indicate the pajamas. "Sorry they're nothing spectacular."

There was a moment as John slipped off his pants when he caught the flawless alabaster skin of Sasha's back from the corner of his eyes and he held his breath. It was the most ephemeral of glimpses but what he saw was as close to perfection as he could manage. Turning away again, he pulled his pants from his feet and folded them neatly, placing them on the floor next to his shirt. Finally, he pulled off his socks and turned as he heard Sasha's voice, wearing a pair of black boxer briefs. When he saw what Sasha was wearing, he smiled, more relaxed than he had felt before. "Well, they're better than mine," John replied before leaning down to pull back the sheets but waiting for Sasha to climb in first, much in the same way he would hold open a door for her.

When her violet eyes assessed what John was wearing, L'aire realized it was a combination of her earlier guess. The Fairest smiled sweetly as he verbally compared their sleeping attire. And then she saw the sweetness shine through again as he turned down the sheets. If she was sleepy and relaxed earlier, that all went out the door for the moment. The Fairest saw the scars on John's arms amidst surveying the rest of his physique. An impulse shot through her, that spontaneity he spoke of before gently washed over her. Her heart was racing, she was impulsive and the Dancer moved to John. He was at a level where she didn't have to stand on her toes. Bending to match his stance, she slipped her arms around him and pressed tightly. Her exposed skin making contact with his stomach. Whispering with a sweetened voice, that may have sounded slightly nervous but delivered with confidence. "John, despite waiting, we can still...." Then, L'aire's lips met with John's with a fervor and passion she may not have realized she released in the simple act.

As Sasha brought her arms around him, he smiled warmly even though his insides were doing somersaults. Maybe it was the whisper in his ear, a voice so sweet, the words she spoke that were so confident and sure, or the actual kiss itself but John couldn't resist any longer. His arms wrapped around the dance instructor as they kissed, full of passion and with the strength in his body fuelled by his sudden desire, the Ithaeur picked Sasha up, his arms lowering to secure her lower back as he broke contact with her lips to nuzzle into her neck and collar bones, the feel of her flesh truly divine.

L'aire had been picked up countless times for dancing, but it was nothing like this. Nothing like the feeling of warmth and comfort from someone out of the blue. The combination of it all sent chills through body. Her cheek leaned to John's head and her hand moved up to run her fingers through his hair. L'aire felt uplifted more than just physically. Her eyes rolled back a moment as she relished the feeling of him encompassing him. Her fingers moved down his back, tracing down his shoulder blade with enough pressure not to tickle but still gently cascading along his skin. A audible sigh emitted while she pulled her other arm tight to him and she could feel her chest press into John's.

John's mouth moved along from her neck, planting kisses on her shoulders, losing all inhibitions with each passing breath. In fact, as his mouth passed the strap still on Sasha's shoulder, he slipped it off with a tug of his teeth so it fell down her arm.

Because the way the chaplain saw it, if he was going to hell, it might as well be for a valid reason.

Stepping backwards slightly with Sasha still in his arms, John felt the edge of the bed touch the back's of his knees and he sat back, dragging Sasha down with him so they were still connected and he smiled while kissing her when her blonde locks fell across his face. Funnily enough, it didn't tickle any more and seemed to enhance the sensations running through John's body.

She gasped as the kisses fell upon her skin and again when the strap moved from her shoulder by his teeth. There was a tiny giggle as she remembered the chopsticks from earlier. L'aire watched him and let her fingers trickle down his arm. And she was not fully prepared when John suddenly took them both onto the bed, she gleefully smiled to this man who had somehow began peeling the layers she'd pulled around herself.

L'aire bent her legs around John, which may have seemed a little unnatural, like it was nothing to curl around him. The Dancer's legs were in the only possible position they could be after he sat on the bed to be pulled with him. The Winter Fairest wanted to let go so desperately, but there was a promise to herself she'd keep. Still, whatever this was, was beautiful...she just didn't want to confuse him. Her body wasn't fully relaxed, like it was watchful of her subconscious' wishes. But the ache she was desperately trying to control began releasing into their kiss that deepened with each second. Separating her lips from John's, she slowly kissed down his neck murmuring. "John..."

"Yes...?" he whispered as a question, eyes closed as Sasha's kisses caressed his neckline. He almost flinched when she grew close to his jugular but it was a momentary instinct that passed just as quickly. While waiting for a response, the Ithaeur turned his head to once again kiss Sasha's bare shoulder, fully falling into his own heart's hidden desires.

Not realizing he would respond to his name, L'aire continued to kiss his neck with delicate lips upon his skin. She desperately wanted to tell him what she truly wanted, but she wasn't one to give into an old vice anymore. "You make me feel amazing." Said with unbound conviction as her hands caressed John's back in a kneading motion. The Fairest easily bent her back to let her lips trace down across his shoulder to the top of his chest. Her hips moved to adjust while L'aire's lips softly found their way to John's left pectoral and she paused with lips pressing into him.

With a free hand, L'aire let her hand drift down John's arm. Along his bicep and then his forearm to his hand. With her own, she guided it around and rested his hand on her thigh. With a single finger, she gently found the veins on the back of John's hand and softly let her finger map a path back up his arm.

Not knowing what to expect, John was very surprised to find his hand suddenly placed on Sasha's thigh and kept it very still, very aware of just how sensual it felt. The second thing he was aware of was how Sasha seemed to be kissing his chest and the way it made his skin prickle with excitement.

More than just his skin.

Feeling suddenly embarrassed, John ceased his kissing and turned his head so his mouth was centimetres from Sasha's ear, so close she could feel his hot breath. "Shall we get under the covers?" he whispered, his heart racing hard.

Through her lips she could feel his heartbeat, it was perhaps matching her own. L'aire felt the heated breath grazing her ear and she nodded to John. She smiled as she rose up. "Sure." She was entirely conflicted, but hoped it wouldn't last long. But she was presuming, and probably making herself unnecessarily paranoid. Relax L'aire. The Fairest kissed his cheek while she moved her body up from John's lap and slinked around him to crawl across the bed.

Slipping under the sheets and blanket, L'aire turned to face the middle, and John. It was also probably the first time in many many years that she was actually delighted to go to bed. She hated sleeping sometimes, the past seemed to surface in dreams. Although her durance wasn't as horrid as some others, everything surrounding it still made the guilt she had twinge. L'aire propped her head on her arm up to hold her head and let her eyes fall back to John.

John watched with keen eyes as Sasha crawled across the bed, the way she moved hypnotic, drawing him in and leaving him breathless. Bringing his legs up, he turned and moved across to join her as her violet eyes connected with his and made him stop in his tracks, a smile breaking out across his face. Taking hold of the sheet, the Ithaeur slipped in next to her, nowhere near as graceful and apologised for his lumbering manner.

Laying on his side with mere inches between them, John faced Sasha, mimicking the way she propped herself up, and rested his head on his hand. With his free hand, he stroked some of her hair away before leaning forward to kiss her shoulder and neck. "Funny thing," he whispered as he reached her jawline. "I'm not half as tired as I once was."

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Size: 6
    Health: 9
    Gauru

Size: 7
    Health: 11
    Urshul

Size: 6
    Health: 8

PRE

L'aire couldn't help but smile, in fact, for the most part, she hadn't smiled this much in years. She shook her head for his apology, because she wouldn't change him. Some men would do the macho thing and pretend something else. But so far, she didn't feel that John was pretending. Or, she really hoped he wasn't. After all that was said in two nights time, if that were to happen, L'aire may fully take on the aspect of Winter that she never thought she'd be.

She grinned with delight as John mirrored the way she was laying in bed. As he brushed her hair out of the way and began kissing her again, she breathed in. L'aire didn't realize how conflicted she would have been, but she wasn't regretting laying here next to a blue eyed man who captured more than her attention. A soft and gentle laugh when he said he wasn't tired she replied. "I'm not either." But, her breathing did get a little nervous, if not worried. Reflexively, she bent her leg to touch his. Her hand slowly moved across the space between them and L'aire's hand caressed along the side of John's torso. She wanted to speak, and it probably sounded like that in the way she breathed. At that moment, she wondered if she was being a tease.

Sasha's laugh was so infectious, it caused John's heart to soar and he chuckled into her ear. This moment was beyond anything that the Ithaeur had planned for and had thrown his entire plans to the wind but perhaps that is Luna's way? Maybe she was now up there smiling down on him in a way that God never did? He knew the Oath. Perhaps he had to realise that Luna's Oath and God's work just could never go together, meaning he had to choose.

When her leg touched his, John's hand automatically lowered itself from Sasha's hair to rest on her thigh but as he did, he froze. Have I gone too far? he thought, his head turning slightly so he could see Sasha's reaction. The concern that he'd overstepped a boundary was apparent because even though she had placed his hand there merely moment's ago, that had been her prerogative.

L'aire didn't flinch to John's touch on her leg, her body welcomed it. She looked back to him and her eyes may have sparkled. The Fairest was having a hard time not giving in, so she kissed him. Letting lips give into what she wanted. Her free arm slipped around his shoulder and softly caressing his skin. The Dancer's mind wandered back to how John was with her after only two nights. The way he made her feel so quickly. His touch, his embrace, his kiss, the way he looked at her. L'aire didn't realize she pulled closer to John as her thoughts drew her in. The way he told her she didn't have to be quiet... The past quickly flooded in. A song started in her head as the confusion set in. John felt so real, honest and compassionate. She couldn't give in, not yet. But she was beginning to think she was screwing up

Abruptly, her mind caught up with her motions and she pulled away from his lips and moved her head to the side of his. In a nervous whisper she tried to slowly speak, despite her heart rapid with panic. "John..." So quietly. "I..." breathing staggered. "I feel like." swallowing to catch herself. "I'm misleading you...tonight." an inward breath "Not that I don't want..." pause with no breath "I mean, I just..." L'aire hadn't moved or raised her voice above a whisper. "This is so backwards." and then things began to slip out in short bursts "You're a chapla..." still holding her breath "And I'm not a uh vir..." Stop L'aire. Her heart tried to tell her while her mind let her mouth flow like water out of a broken glass.

Her fingers, still on John's skin tightly pressed to his flesh. "But I want to be near you" Her cheek rested on John's. "Just like you, not alone anymore." She swallowed hard and in less than a whisper. "But you don't deserve this." A tear escaped her eye. "In two days..you've been so incredible." another pause. "And I'm going to screw it up.... I'm so sorry, John....so sorry." Way to go L'aire. This was why she had joined the Winter Court. To lock herself away in a tower. But someone found the key. She finally took in a decent breath, the Fairest's pride was shattered. And perhaps since the first time John met her, her body slouched next to his.

To John's credit, he never spoke nor judged nor flinched as Sasha spoke, her words coming out in staggered sentences, almost as if each one was painful for her to speak. When the tear formed, he simply lifted a hand to her cheek to brush away the tear with his thumb. Giving her a warm, compassionate smile, John moved his body a little closer so his arm slipped under her neck and laid down so as to cuddle the violet eyed dancer. With one arm cradling her head, his second arm moved across Sasha to bring her into the hug. Finally, once they were both settled, John simply said, in a calm voice that spoke of the utmost trust and honesty, "There's no rush, Sasha. We have got all the time in the world."

The Fairest still felt twinges of guilt, she really wanted to... She could almost picture it in her mind. But this was quickly replaced by his arms wrapping around her. The feeling of security, and how kind John had been. Slowly, the Dancer relaxed into his arms and her own arm moved around his torso to his back, pairing his embrace with her own. L'aire's mother floated into her mind and she couldn't help but think No we don't. She didn't realize she was shaking her head while she softly replied. "Yes, you're right." She breathed in deeply and sighed.

As she replayed his last sentence in her head, she softly spoke with a gentle smile. "We..." After a moment while she thought through the course of the evening, she looked up to John and grinned while she asked. "How did you get to be the way you are, John." She bit her lip and chuckled. "I mean, I've never really met someone so patient as you are." L'aire's body had settled entirely into John's, relaxing with each breath.

"I don't really know," John admitted, the question not ever having come up before. "I blame many years of practice," he added with a chuckle, the hand around Sasha's head gently stroking her upper back between her shoulder blades. His breathing caused his chest to rise and fall, and John found that despite the fact this was the first time in over twenty years he had shared a bed, he was more comfortable here, with Sasha, than he would have thought possible. His eyes began to feel heavy however as the warmth from Sasha's body and the sheet over them both slowly seeped into his mind.

As she felt John's chest in their close proximity, L'are's rhythm began to match his. She sighed contentedly and sleepily grinned. It was a combination of settling in more and the movement of his hand on her skin that was relaxing or perhaps lulling her to sleep. The Fairest had a tiny thought that he may not be there when she awoke, but after the past two evenings, it dissipated as fast as it surfaced. "I'm glad you're here." She said in nearly a whisper while her hand ceased its motion on his back. Violet eyes looked up to him one last time. "John... I hope....you...." Words slipped through her lips in a sleepy haze before her head gave into its weight and she fell asleep.

John craned his neck and smiled warmly when he saw Sasha's eyes were closed and her breathing falling into the deep state of sleeping. Carefully leaning across her, John switched off the lamp, sending the room into darkness before settling back down with her lithe body in his arms. "Me too," he whispered as he gently kissed her forehead and nuzzled his head close to her own. Closing his eyes, all John could think of as sleep took him was a wonderful night and the fragrance of coconut.

End Scene

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.