Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Halloween Celebration

Page 4 of 22 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last

"Six? I thought there were seven of them," said April in response to Lynx's comment, a teasing smile on her lips. "I'm glad you like the costume though!" She listened to his response, while her eyes drifted for a bit as she noticed some more people arriving at the party. "Well, the original ones were certainly the best, there's no doubts about that," she said to the agent, giving him a nod. "And you are absolutely right about that. Not only referenced and reinvented, but the character became an archetype of sorts; the model used by many crime novelists for their own protagonists." April paused for a moment before adding with a smile, "I saw the first one as well, but haven't gotten the chance to watch the second movie yet."

She turned to scan the crowd for a moment as she looked for the bar. "Let's go get a drink," she said to him, reaching for his hand to lead him over to the bar. Pulling a little closer to him, April whispered something in his ear. "Did you see that group by the door? They were acting a little strange..." she let her words trail off as she looked around once more, assuming that perhaps they were distributing drugs or something of the sort.

Bandit moves to where the member is, trying to get in close to over heard whatever conversation they are engaged in. He keeps a firm grip upon his staff as he brases himself for more bumping into people, trying to get within ear shot of the pair.

OOC

I
    Irina

Perception -3 to overhear conversations in the club.

C
    Cross

Doc Marcus decided to talk to the young aide of the Mayor. Why not? It never hurt to know what was going on, and with the strange rumours abound about the Mayor, it never hurt to tap into government a bit.

Slipping around the bar, the physician made his way over. "Mr. Wolfe, good evening," he said pleasantly. "I hope I've caught you at a good time? My name is Ryan Marcus." He flashed the man a smile and offered him a handshake.

Idly, the Doc was curious to know if Aidan Wolfe knew who he was. Gauging that knowledge would let him know how much scrutiny he or WestLife was under... naturally, he preferred it be none.

"Heh, well everyone knows that Happy is the gay one," says Lynx with a grin. She walked right into that one. "But sounds like you really are a fan of old Sherlock. I think you're starting to grow on him too." He was about to ask her if she'd like to rent the second movie sometime when she took him by the hand and asked for a drink. Well that always seemed to work out in his favor too.

When she bent her head in close to him he wondered if there were some sweet nothing she had to share but he was surprised to hear the air of caution in her voice. He whispers back, "Hmm? Group by the door? No I didn't..." he started, automatically turning to scan the crowd for strange characters.
      Scan the Crowd, 2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-20 20:14:28 Lynx rolls 3 to even notice the suspicious characters [Wits+Comp-3] (10 Again) 10, 9, 5, 1 2 successes

D
    Daysha Jackson

“Hm, yeah you’re right. Weird.” Daysha agreed with Mike’s observation.

“Yeah, there’s a lot of weird-ass stuff in the paper lately.” The Detective tried to maintain some obscure sense of what she and the Heptathlete were tip toeing around. It was too public of a party, especially with some group…and a Aidan around to discuss that.

She really didn’t expect a random party to end up questionable. Especially regarding city officials.

No wait, I always question our crack pot officials. Because a long time ago, Derevko taught her well. Oddly enough, she was beginning to worry that she didn't see hatchet-face around the main floor of the spiral. Daysha was furious that attempting to get involved would get IA on her ass.

"Could be that fever." She shrugged guessing that Mike may clue in regarding lil miss firestarter.

failed..oblivious wtf
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-20 23:35:25 Daysha rolls 7 to Listening about (10 Again) 4, 4, 2, 2, 4, 5, 2 failure

Bandit frowns in frustration at the loudness of the whole building. He pulls his staff closer to his body as he glances slightly to the left and to the right. He continues to fight the crowd, trying to remain where he stands.

And nothing
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-21 00:43:50 Bandit rolls 1 to Wits + Composure - 4 (10 Again) 2 failure
    2012-11-21 00:43:31 Bandit rolls 2 to Wits + Composure - 3 (10 Again) 6, 2 failure

I
    Irina

Unwittingly, Jaeger picked up where Bandit left off - spotting the guy chatting up the slightly inebriated young woman. He's buying her, and her faintly more astute friend, another alcoholic drink.

The guy and the bartender seem to give each other an odd little nod, before the bartender turns around to mix up the drinks, back turned to the crowd.

Aidan Wolfe looked up as Doc Marcus approached, and with the introduction he extended a hand. "Perfectly alright, Mr. Marcus," the young man answered with a charming smile. "Is there something I can help you with?" He leant an elbow on the bar, and gestured to another bartender with his free hand.

"Care for a drink?"

K
    Kazakin

"Yeah, the stuff with the Sacramento Stalker is messed up," Mike said. "I can't believe they still haven't caught the guy, you know?" The athlete knew the importance of veiling his conversation while out and about. Being in front of cameras taught a guy that pretty quickly, after all.

Unless he wanted to end up in one of those candid, tell all shots.

Mike could totally imagine that.

Heptathlete tells everyone about huge furry monster that tried to eat him...

Fuck that.

"God, I hope not. If it's that infectious, we're all screwed."

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-21 20:10:44 Michael Harwood rolls 3 to Wits 3 + Composure 3 -3 (10 Again) 9, 8, 7 2 successes

C
    Cross

Doc Marcus shook the hand and shrugged lightly, motioning to a seat as if asking if it was taken. "Sure, why not?" he said with a chuckle. "A beer would be great," he said to the bartender before returning his attention to the remarkably young man who worked directly for the Mayor.

"And not to worry, this was mostly a social call." Ryan chuckled. "I thought I'd come by and introduce myself - I'm one of the physician principals at WestLife Medical," he said by way of explanation as to why he had approached. WestLife, like every large business, had business with the municipality, and good relationships between the City and one's corporation always made things nice and smooth. "How are you enjoying the party?" He flashed the man a cordial smile.

Strange; Ryan could see such a young man here, but think him entirely too old for this gathering.

Irina, since I'm at the bar, can I roll to notice the weirdness going on between the weird guy and the bartender, or is my initial fail it for me?

Page 4 of 22 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.