Health: 9
    Gauru

Size: 7
    Health: 11
    Urshul

Size: 6
    Health: 8

PRE

Takes place immediately after the Charity Street Dance...

As the night had wound down, L’aire had walked with John to his trike once more. Still wearing his jacket, she wondered how chilly he was. “So did you want to still go for coffee?” She smiled sweetly, but there was apprehension in her voice. “Though I haven’t been to any restaurants or coffee shops in town, so I don’t know if anything would be open.” Which was entirely true, she hadn’t even eaten at the Four Season’s restaurant that Mrs. Rosemary ran. Wow you sound pathetic L’aire.

She lifted her hand up in the air and shook it a bit. “But if it’s too late for coffee, I could head home.” The Fairest was a little cautious, as she didn’t want to presume he was still taking her home. If he John had forgotten, she wouldn’t hold him to it. L’aire was content with walking of course. “Oh, and you should have your jacket back then.” Inside she was reluctant to remove it; most of the evening it felt as if she was wrapped in his world while wearing it. The Dancer began to pull an arm out of the sleeve and the jacket began to fall behind her shoulders.

Walking beside Sasha, John was still smiling. This evening had taken an interesting turn, one that he was glad to have experienced. "Coffee sounds great, although I'm a little unsure about what's open also. This is way past my bedtime," he joked, not seriously and giving Sasha a grin. Looking around, he watched as people began to slowly disappear from the event.

When he saw Sasha about to remove the jacket, John looked slightly confused. "Why?" he asked, "Sasha, its still chilly, so please, keep it for now. Unless you want me to break out my authoritative voice?" he chuckled, grinning once again. John wasn't entirely sure he had an authoritative voice. It was never something he had ever considered possessing in his line of work. As they reached the trike, John held out his hand once more, offering Sasha a help onto his vehicle

L'aire was feeling a little guilty as they spoke of time. The Fairest was also completely focused on John. She didn't want to keep him up, but though she knew it was inevitable, the Dancer didn't want the night to end. "Well, that's okay. I wish I knew though. And the only coffee in my apartment is those coffee single things you put in boiling water, and tea." Her hand moved to a subconscious demonstration of steeping something.
    She was nearly caught off guard by his joking, but she nodded with a soft grin and slowly slipped it back on. "You have an authoritative voice?" She returned the humor with a hint of disbelief. "I mean, you probably have to working with law enforcement." L'aire chuckled again softly, and cringing on the inside. "I'm sorry, I'm really not this much of an airhead." Shaking her head the Fairest breathed deeply, relaxing herself, or at least trying to. She looked back up to John as she spoke. "I didn't want to hold you to taking me anywhere after the dance or coffee or..."

"People truly underestimate the power of a nice cup of tea," John said, thinking back to the time when there was a group of British soldiers on base when he worked at Colorado Springs. The tea they had brought with them was simply divine, and the chaplain should know.

"Not really, no. I mean, I have to occasionally be serious, especially when around Dale, one of the members of the motorcycle club, but he generally deserves it," John laughed, happy to be talking about his good friend. He never mentioned how he was around spirits. That was a side of him he always tried to keep at bay. "Airhead? Have you met Dale already then?" he said, grinning, get one last shot in about the Rahu.
    Shaking his head, John kept hold of her hand. "Sasha, you're not holding me to anything. I want coffee and the opportunity to talk some more."

"Ah a voice of guidance then?" The Dancer couldn't entirely relate to John, but she could understand. "I've have to use that type of tone with the kids once in a while." With a soft smile, L'aire could easily remember having to gently wrangle a few boys to order more than once. Shaking her head about the name John mentioned. "Not that I recall." Slowly she breathed in and out, they were both adults but god she felt ridiculously young that night. "I'm just a little nervous." She softly added. L'aire wondered if she had this need to be honest with him because of his vocation. Knowing it the Dancer couldn't always do so, it was important to her for the little things. After all, lies crumble as she knew very well.

Intrigued by the sweet man's anecdote again, her brow raised in curiosity. "Power in a cup of tea..." Her smile took on a thoughtful curl. "I'm not sure I've heard of that before." The Dancer generally drank it when she was cold or wanted something more than water. "I've thought that about coffee though." Since it reminded her of Mom on occasion. L'aire didn't know why she suddenly needed reassurance from John. She half expected him to back out. Her violet eyes looked to his and gently she squeeze his hand. "I'd have to agree about getting to know you, John." Her voice clung to his name again as she spoke with confidence at that moment, which she seemed to lose herself in. Until she realized there was something important he'd need. "Oh, I suppose you'd need my address if we can't find a coffee shop. It's <address> in the Richmond Grove area."

John ran the address through his mind, remembering the details and trying to picture the area when he suddenly arched his eyebrows. "You live in Richmond Grove?" he asked, perhaps a little too excited. "That's perfect," he added, trying to cover the relief of Sasha being within the pack's boundary lines. "I know a fantastic little coffee place there. Believe it or not, its called the Naked Lounge. Some interesting coffee and good music."

L'aire was obviously puzzled... or baffled why he seemed thrilled. "Oh..kay." She couldn't stop smiling, but was really confused. "It's really not that grea..." The Fairest stopped herself, she didn't really live in the lap of luxury at all. "Its just close to where I need to go. Work and well... work." Laughing gently and trying hard not to ramble.

When John had mentioned the name of the shop her eyes widened but playfully. "Interesting coffee huh? To go with their interesting name?" She smiled blithely. L'aire was pretty sure it wasn't an innuendo, but it was still pretty cute. "That sounds kinda nice." She said with a nod of readiness. In all reality, she'd go anywhere with him. Its gotta be the Chaplain thing. Considering what she thought earlier that night, she had nothing to lose.

John just grinned. "It does, doesn't it? Definitely makes it stand out from its competitors. Shall we?" he asked, once again willing to help Sasha onto the trike. For some reason, he'd forgotten all about work the next day. He may have to call in sick; not entirely morally correct, of course, but he was a man of faith, and every now and again, he had to follow his belief.

Right now, he believed in enjoying himself for a change with perfect company on an early-autumn night.

"Yeah, it certainly does. I've never heard of it." L'aire didn't even know where it was as she shrugged gently and shook her head. In truth, she didn't expect him to pick something like that at all. "You're full of surprises, John." Her voice rested on his name. As sat back on the trike, she was more comfortable each time. Oddly she could get use to this, though, now the Fairest started to want a helmet...or in the future... if there was a future. The word seemed foreign to her as the Onyx court had slowly crept into her. Her heart pounded really fast for a moment while she waited for the chaplain to get on. Thankfully, it rambling thoughts out loud. Stop L'aire.

The Dancer slipped her arms around John's waist again, growing more comfortable each time. "Anytime you're ready." She said happily and a glimmer of excitement in her eyes.

Sliding into the seat in front of Sasha, John was actually beaming as he felt her arms slip around his waist once more, the third time that evening, and was still something to get used to. Thoughts rose into his mind, thoughts of possible futures but he, once again, forced them away. He was not a man to rush anything, especially when he knew very little of the area.

And this was completely foreign to him.

Starting the engine, John pulled away from the garage and the party, riding through the streets of his territory, towards Richmond Grove and a hot cup of coffee. With each twist of the throttle or turn of the handlebar, he found himself unconsciously leaning more and more into Sasha's arms, finding them both welcoming and safe, a place he could find true comfort and understanding. The chaplain glanced over his shoulder.

"How're you doing back there?" he asked over the whipping wind and roaring engine.

L'aire still felt pangs of guilt for wearing his jacket. More so she felt ridiculous for forgetting her own. And honestly, she didn't think she'd be out this long. She'd looked to his arms a moment, checking for risen skin and saw the scars on his arms once more. L'aire would probably not ask unless it came up, some visible scars could run too deep.

As they drove through the streets, as she turned to look at things she felt herself nearing him. At one point her head nearly laid on his back but she quickly picked it up. When John spoke over the noise she pulled herself up to speak into his ear. She was careful of her volume. "I'm doing great. I hope I make a good passenger." The Fairest softly laughed.

Feeling her breath on his ear, warm compared to the cold surrounding them, John shivered yet still continued to smile. "Seeing as you're my first, I think you're fine," he said innocently, making sure to keep his eyes on the streets as he navigated his way through the territory towards the coffee bar. As the lights of the city passed them by, the chaplain naturally kept an eye out for any potential issues. "I can't begin to tell you how much I've been looking forward to this coffee," John remarked with a hearty laugh, a natural sound to the devout man.

Unconsciously, L'aire's arms squeeze John a little as he said she was doing okay. "Ah yes, I remember that now." The Dancer laughed in a modest tone, so close to the gentle man's ear.

She was now sure he was cold as he mentioned the coffee again. "Yeah... me too." She agreed happily and then the guilt nearly stabbed her in the stomach. The Fairest couldn't understand why he didn't take it back. As much as she enjoyed chivalry, he was in the front and getting the brunt of the wind. "But I'm still sorry I had to borrow your jacket." She tried to chuckle away the guilt while she continued speaking. "I really should have planned ahead." Which may have had a regrettable feel to the words.

"Don't be, its fine, really. Thinking about it, I should have grabbed a spare jacket from Digger before leaving," John said with a small shrug before noticing they had arrived in the Richmond Grove area. Slowing down a tad, John took a couple of turns until he spotted the glowing lights of the Naked Lounge coffee bar. With a grin, John came to a stop outside, finding a suitable parking spot for the trike. However, seeing as it was quite late, it was easy enough, and John pulled in and switched off the engine several buildings away.

Stepping from the trike, John was indeed starting to feel the cold but refused to show it. Instead, he offered Sasha help from the trike with an extended hand. "So, coffee?" he asked, hoping she wasn't now going to say she wanted to head home. Because that would be really embarrassing.

There was a placidly pensive tone in her voice. "Okay, John. If you truly insist." She hugged him tighter a moment before they had came to a stop. There was something to said about motorcycles, or trikes for that matter, it certainly brought you closer to someone. In the physical sense at least. Of course now she wondered how strange it would be riding in a car with him.

L'aire took John's hand again as she got off the trike. "Yes." She laughed gently. "Coffee it is." Her eyes flicked to his as they walked in the lights of the streets above them. "Have you been here before? Do you know what their specialty is?" Her violet eyes diverted a moment to look at the front entrance of the coffee shop... or lounge.

"I haven't although I know of several police officers who have come here off-duty. They said it was a very social place," John said before pausing. "In all honesty, I've been a little worried about coming here," he added with a chuckle, shaking his head stupidly. "There's a lot of power in a name, and some images that were unwelcoming. There are some very unfit officers in the department." He continued to chuckle as he headed for the door and opened it, holding for Sasha, and instantly was glad for the warmth that flowed from within, goosebumps rising along his scarred forearms.

"A place the force frequents, that speaks volumes." L'aire's brows rose as she was curious. "Very social? I guess with the name it sounds like it's more hmm initmate." She held her breath a moment and pursed her lips. "I mean" A faint chuckle. "Just that it sounds more quiet or quaint. But that would be judging a book by it's cover I guess." The Fairest knew she was rambling in an attempt to avoid a topic that was well... delicate, when first meeting someone. Of course she had no qualms talking about it either...

"Power in tea...now power in a name." Power in his voice, power in his eyes. L'aire winked to him with a blithe grin. "Unwelcoming images hmm? I guess we'll find out soon." Her eyes looked to the building again. "I'm unclear what you mean by unfit though." The Dancer's voice was still pleasntly pleased but very intrigued at what he meant. John had this essence about him, trustworthy and loyal; it was comforting to listen and know he was truthful. Or he was just a very good liar... which would be just another flashback of Italy. As John held the door, she smiled with a soft glimmer in her eyes. "Thank you, John." She walked through the frame and waited for him while looking around.

"Oh, some of the older officers, long in the tooth, who feel they only need to do the bare minimum to pass the yearly fitness tests. I don't understand it, myself." As they entered the lounge, John savoured the aromas of the various coffees being served, and the music was of a subtle, late-night jazz that seemed to help people relax after a hard day's work. It didn't appear to be busy but with the layout, it seemed that people could easily get lost within their own little booths, or lounging on one of the half dozen couches.

John happily guided Sasha to one of the couches, and offered to help remove her....his jacket before taking a seat to look at the list of coffees on offer. "My God, I never realised they made so many different varieties." Scanning the menu, John actually looked lost for once. "Where do you start?" he chuckled, glancing up into Sasha's violet eyes, the subtle lighting in the lounge not hiding their inviting nature or covering the woman's lively demeanour.

The Fairest breathed in the scent of the rich roasts of coffee inside. She made an audible noise of appreciation that quickly seeped into her senses. "Oh, i see." L'aire had to hold herself from snickering, considering she thought he meant unfit in a different context. "For a moment I thought you meant they were rude or something given the uh...nature or uh name of the place." L'aire said softly, not wanting to offend the owners or anything. The mood was relaxing, which was what she needed at the moment. Though if she was honest, she was enjoying the nervousness...despite it causing her some slip ups.

As she sat down she watched John as he took his jacket from her. He had such a subtle way about him, it intrigued her so. L'aire looked at the menu, then back to John. "Start, I have no idea." She chuckled, but she wasn't looking at varieties. The Fairest was looking for something inexpensive but not bland. She wasn't about to go overboard; the Dancer had to watch out for these things. "Hmmm yeah, there are a lot. What do you prefer John? Something sweet, espresso?" L'aire looked back into his eyes when he had glanced up.

"That does look good," John replied, still staring into Sasha's eyes before realising he was still staring and looked away, back to the menu. "Hmmm, the Malaysian Mocha sounds very intriguing, and seeing as chocolate is a secret temptation of mine, I may have to indulge," the chaplain chuckled. "How about you, Sasha? This one looks nice," he said, obviously surprised, and indicating at the Mexican Hot Cocoa. "Wow, they actually put whipped cream in a drink?"

"Almost sounds as delectable as Belgian chocolate." There was a tiny double-take in her face as she smiled with surprise. "Chocolate is your secret temptation? You don't indulge in temptation that often?" L'aire looked to his face and away from the menu. "I'd be a hypocrite to say that I did." She softly chuckled. Though it was the truth. "Although it'd be horrible rude of me to discuss temptation and indulgence right now." The Fairest laughed again and the nerves seeped up from where she thought they had been buried. Bad timing L'aire.

She averted her eyes from John's and looked at the menu. "Ya know, I've never had Mexican Hot Cocoa before....why is whip cream a surprise?" It's not like the Fairest was completely naive to food and culture, she'd traveled enough. It was only a few cents more than she originally thought to spend. L'aire had shoved all but a five of her cash into one of the bins at the dance on her way in. There were some things she was a sucker for.

As Sasha spoke of temptation and indulgence, John wondered briefly if he had gone too far but, once again with a strength of mind, he pushed it away. What was wrong with enjoying an evening with wonderful company? Certainly, the company was beautiful and far more than he had anticipated, but he hadn't broken any vows or oaths. He smiled to make sure he didn't mind the trend of the conversation. "Oh, a little temptation is good for the soul. Makes us realise we're human," John said, trying to hide the irony in his voice.

He knew the truth. He was neither human nor spirit but something far more special.

"Well, I never considered whip cream to be eligible in a hot drink. It just seems...weird," the chaplain chuckled, not used to using a word like 'weird'. He stood, placing the menu down. "So, would you care to try one Mexican Hot Cocoa with whip cream, Sasha?" he asked with a smile, ready to go and order.

It was the fact that John couldn’t see her other side that made her more comfortable with him. L’aire could look at him and truly look in his eyes and only see him. Not what the Fae had done to her or anyone else. “I don’t believe I’ve heard that phrase before.” With a quirked grin, she pondered out loud. “Is chocolate all that tempts you?” Whether it was food or bobbles, the more she talked with him, the more interesting he became.

“Weird?” The Fairest laughed. “Where else would you put whipped cream?” Her grin was full of curiosity. “Other than the standard pie, I would imagine.” Or most desserts, which I really don’t eat. When the Fairest Dancer moved to Sacramento, she had to step back from the life of a little luxury; and dessert was still on that luxury list.

As John mentioned ordering, she instinctively went to her pocket. Pulling out her five dollar bill she L’aire extended a graceful arm holding the money to him. “Yes, please... John. What will you be ordering?” She presumed it was the item he mentioned earlier, but minds do change. Her subconscious ready to foil everything as it always did. L’aire wondered if she wouldn’t have asked such a bold question that evening, would they be here now.

John thought about Sasha's question, a wry smirk touching his lips and a glimmer in his eyes. "I really can't say, Sasha. Its rare that I am tempted by very much."

"Well, I would consider whipped cream a natural complement to any pie," he grinned in reply, looking into her violet eyes before standing. As she offered the five dollar, John put a hand over her own, and gently closed Sasha's hand so the money was in her grasp. "Please, allow me," the chaplain said with a smile and brooking no argument, holding her hand for a fraction longer than necessary before slowly releasing her hand. "Well, I think my mind is settled on the Malaysian Mocha. Its tempted me," he chuckled before walking over towards the counter to place their orders. While waiting, John couldn't help but wonder....What now? They drink coffee, talk and then he would drop her safely home.

What then?

There was a gentle confusion in her eyes in part by his smirk and then the look in his eyes. Yet John's words didn't match what she saw. Her heart pounded into her throat. Does he think I'm some temptress? L'aire recalled a few things from church about testing your faith or whatever. All she would allow herself to do was smile with pursed lips in return...for anything that came out of her mouth right now would have truly been a messy clean up.

"Isn't there a phrase? Like everything's better with cool whip or something?" She playfully shrugged not knowing why whipped cream was so intriguing. L'aire nearly insisted until she felt his hand and the lingering release. "Thank you kindly." She smiled sweetly as she looked at his blue eyes. "Malaysian Mocha has a tempting ring to it." She said softly as he walked away. Relaxing on the couch a little, she watched John as he stood to order. She played everything that she could recall from that evening back in her mind. His hand in her hair, arm around her waist. The way he looks at me... Not that she didn't like it, but was that all? Was she just something to look at? She didn't want to believe it. John was a man of god and faith. Her eyes had grown distant as the thought plagued her. L'aire couldn't predict this night, let alone 10 minutes from now. But what if... this was all supposed to happen. A happy accident.

"Thank you," John replied to the server as they served up his order, still intrigued as the whipped cream was applied to the beverage, and after paying, carefully carried the drinks back to Sasha, smiling as he concentrated. Placing them on the table, he happily said, "one Mexican Hot Chocolate with whipped cream for the lady," before sitting down. He studied his own drink carefully, rotating it on the table to get a good look from all sides. "Do you ever remember a time when coffee was just coffee?" he said, laughing, picking up his mocha and blowing across the surface carefully. With pursed lips, the chaplain took a sip. "You know what? That really isn't half bad. How's yours? That is if you can find it under all that cream," John added with a chuckle.

There was a saying her mom told her once. Pay attention how people treat staff at eateries or shops, their true nature would arise. She couldn’t hear him, but just by watching John’s demeanor, she could see the trend of his kindness carrying over just as it had earlier that night.

With a gentle shrug she grinned. “Thank you again, John.” As he spoke she leaned forward to the table taking up the warm liquid. Sitting back, she turned toward the chaplain with full attention. “Vaguely...” L’aire laughed a little while navigating the drink. “Most of the time it was just cream or sugar. Now it’s mocha, latte, frappe or whatnot.”

The Fairest watched John as he sipped his coffee. Mainly his lips and she brushed the thought from her mind. “Does it taste like a different type of mocha?” She asked amusedly. Looking back to the warm cup of hot chocolate she nodded. “Yeah, that’s challenging.” L’aire turned it a few different ways. Then with a little conviction, she brought the drink to her mouth and carefully took a sip, knowing it was hot and she wasn’t able to blow on it. As she pulled it away, there was a trace of the white fluffy stuff on her nose. Her eyes lit, from either the sugar or the flavor and a spirited grin she nodded. ‘It’s really good.” Holding the cup a little outstretched from her, L’aire’s hand rested on her knee with the cup of hot chocolate. Nodding to John then indicating the drink she said encouragingly. “You have this fascination with the whipped cream, would you like to try it?”

"Indeed, it does. Its...exotic," John chuckled as he placed down his drink and moved it towards Sasha. "Fancy tasting it for yourself?" he asked.

The chaplain watched as Sasha tasted her hot chocolate and was left with a conundrum, spitting the fluffy cream on her nose, and as her eyes lit up, John was once again taken with just how much he found her sheer presence intoxicating and such a joy to be around. As she offered him a taste, he nodded, leaning forward. "I'd love to but before I do..." he raised his hand slowly, taking one of the napkins that had come with each mug, and wiped the end of Sasha's nose. "There. Cream free," the chaplain smiled before taking the cup and trying to navigate a way through the cream. After having a sample, John pulled the cup away and grinned. "That really is quite delightful," he grinned, a blob of cream on his own nose also.

“Exotic...” L’aire repeated whimsically. “Yeah, I’d like a sip, if that’s alright.” She’d only just met him a few hours ago that evening, to her it was still one of those delicate things. Despite being nervous now and again, it was becoming easier as the minutes clicked by.

Then she watched him lean into her there was a brief moment L’aire thought something else was going to happe…. “Oh.” She grinned sheepishly. “Thanks.” A breathy dust of quick nervous laughter as John removed the whipped cream from her nose. A sweet smirk as she watched him drink and a dab appeared on his nose. With a wide grin, she bit her lip and pulled her own napkin out. “The whipped cream is not only delicious, but mischievous.” Blotting his nose, her own face wasn’t that far. “Since I seem to be the one with the free hands.” She winked as she mentioned the little dilemma.

With her free hand, L’aire slipped her fingers around the mug of Mocha John had offered. They softly brushed against his as she gripped the porcelain container he held. She sipped the drink and there was audible approval. “Oh, that’s so… you’re right… deliciously exotic.” With a pleased grin she added. “This was a really good idea, John.”

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Gauru

Urshul

PRE

As Sasha moved barely inches from his face, John could feel her breath on his skin and, just as his heart seemed to return to a normal pace, it increased at a rapid rate, so much so he thought he was about to shift. Which was a silly thought. At least, he hoped it was. Glancing down at her hands as he was informed they were free, John smiled the moment he felt her fingers brush against his.

Damn you, heart! he berated himself, as he attempted to keep his true emotions from rolling out and exposing his actual feelings to Sasha. The last thing he wanted was to scare her away.

As Sasha reacted to his mocha, John couldn't help but laugh. "It certainly is. I mean I can't say I've had much exotic experiences in my life but if I was to put a word on the drink, then exotic just seemed to fit. Perfectly."

Looking around, John could see several couples seemingly enjoying their evening, each winding down with a beverage before heading home, and with the music, John thought the ambience was just....perfect. He looked back to Sasha, smiling as she spoke.

"Yes, it is," John said, placing down his cup before taking a gentle hold of Sasha's free hand. "Thank you, Sasha, for being such a wonderful companion tonight. I'm glad we took that ride together."

The Fairest smiled and softly chuckled. “I’ve had a few things that taste amazing in my travels. But sometimes they’re more delicious with the right company.” L’aire breathed in quickly.

She knew the night would end eventually, but the Fairest didn’t want it to. L’aire wasn’t sure if by his words this was it and as soon as he dropped her off, she’d never see him again. So full of doubt L’aire. The Dancer was tossing butterflies. Still, she smiled. “I should be thanking you. You’re the one who drove us safely tonight.” Lame. She breathed in and out slowly still in John’s proximity, her fingers instinctively curling into his. L’aire could hardly speak though her smile remained, albeit a little weary. “And I’m sorry if I said anything… ridiculous or ….” She was entirely focused on John’s soft welcoming blue eyes. “I, just….” L’aire’s body language was steady and controlled, her lips, however, certainly weren’t. “haven’t been this nervous in a long time.” Her face squinted as she quickly realized they already mentioned that at the park. “Sorry, we discussed that already.” L’aire’s cheeks flushed slightly. The Fairest Dancer felt like she was in a dream. Any moment she could wake up. She felt like she was waiting for something… to break.

John could smile forever, and if the wind changed like his mother once warned him, his face would stick. "We can discuss it again if you like?" he joked, noticing he was still holding Sasha's hand. It really was quite soft.

"Your hand is really soft." John's eyes went wide at the horror of what he had just uttered. "I'm really sorry, I didn't mean...." John stammered, while still holding her hand.

L’aire saw John’s eyes open widely. Suddenly she was very aware of the actual feel of his own hand with hers. His hand wasn’t soft, but they were firm and gentle. “John…” The Fairest’s hand didn’t budge. “I like the little things.” It was odd how his stammer was almost comforting as it matched his own. “Like how serene your eyes are.”

The Fairest softly chuckled in a breathy manner. “What would you like to discuss…” L’aire looked down to their hands, knowing that each time they connected that’s when everything went a awry. But, she felt it was getting a little easier. “John, I really want to know you better.” The Fairest breathed in a little and continued. “I just feel like I’m going to botch this evening.” Oh that was too honest. She slowly kept speaking “by saying something awkward.” Her head titled a little as she continued to look to their lap, but a smile peered through the wavering nerves. “And tonight has been so…” The Dancer couldn’t come up with the right word. So many would fit in her mind but was it all too fast? Did he feel the same …sparks?

"Special," John said, finishing Sasha's sentence without thinking. After she mentioned his eyes, he looked away, knowing that being serene was a far sight better than the rage that was an absolute certainty. "Sasha, I never believed this evening would have happened. I went to the bike show to support the motorcycle club and was willing to show an interested girl around the block on the back of my trike. That ride was so unexpected, Sasha, so special, it took me be sheer surprise. It was awkward, warming, enthralling, special and completely wonderful."

John looked back up from staring at her hands and there was a hint of joy in his eyes. "I'd love to do this again, Sasha."

L’aire breathed in deeply when John finished her sentence. And she continued to grin as he spoke, repeating a few words made her feel even less nervous. “I went there to dance and throw some money into a children’s charity…. not jump on some stranger’s bike.. err trike without thought.” Careful L’aire. Telling John the real reason she did it, at least now, was entirely unwise. The Fairest softly explained as she took in another calming breath. “I didn’t expect to laugh and smile as much as I did tonight. And dance with no music and a jacket slipped on me. Or ask a chaplain if he could date.” She stopped and looked up to him, her face blushed again.

Nodding, her torso seemed to lift toward him a split second. "I would too John." Instead, her hand squeezed his. "I really would." L'aire's violet eyes fell into gaze with John's.

John felt the squeeze of the hand and he found that he could fall away in her eyes.

He also found he had, somehow, moved a lot closer to Sasha. He wasn't really sure why, it seemed to be happening in slow motion. The chaplain lent closer, his upper body inclining towards her, something he hadn't done since his pre-military days. It just seemed like the perfect moment, so he kissed her, the hot drinks forgotten.

There was the final sign.

The Fairest’s heart jumped in her chest as her lips met John’s. L’aire’s eyes closed and she let him take lead with the kiss. It was only sweetened more by the chocolate they had both sipped. She could still be dreaming. Or she fell off the trike and this was what heaven was like. That, she didn’t deserve.

But she let herself go while his lips met hers. L’aire’s finger’s in John’s hand moved in a soft gentle motion. She wondered if he could feel her heart pounding while they kissed.

As they kissed, a flurry of thoughts cascaded through John's mind but the first, and perhaps most prominent one went as follows; This is heaven.

His heart pounded in his ears, emotions running wild through the Ithaeur's body that was more than simple butterflies. It was a whirlwind of soaring doves, which was perhaps the worst cliche ever, but to John, it didn't matter.

Nothing mattered except the here and now.

Feeling Sasha's finger move in a soft motion in his hand, John smiled mid-kiss, finding her action slightly ticklish. From such a close distance, he looked at Sasha's face, her perfect features and wondered if this could really work between a mortal and werewolf, then instantly knew it could do. Luna had decreed it. He opened his mouth to say something but found the words just formed as a big grin, his blue eyes glimmering.

L’aire felt John’s lips part with a smile and her eyes opened. Before tonight, she felt well, Lost. She wasn’t about to think of the future, although the sweet man before her did make her think of the next time and hopefully more. The Fairest’s eyes watched John’s face closely. Yet all she could see was his amazing grin and shining eyes.

When he opened his mouth and said nothing, L’aire smiled with more fondness of this man who suddenly swept her away. The Fairest was also a little dazzled that he was speechless. “John, that was…so... perfect.” She said in a heartfelt tone. Chuckling gently she looked to their hands and up again to him. “You still gotta take me home tonight.” She froze a moment realizing that may have been rude. “I mean, you mentioned that you were…” Shaking her head, a little frustrated with herself. “Or you wanted to…” Yes L’aire break the moment, way to go.

"Yes, it was," John chuckled, his smile spreading as Sasha stumbled over her sentences again, a trait that was growing cuter every time. "It would be my pleasure, Sasha," John said honestly and without any ulterior motive. They had shared, truly, the perfect moment, and he was not about to rush into anything further. Finishing the rest of his rapidly cooling mocha, John found himself grinning each time he caught Sasha's glance, and even laughed, awkwardly. He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Wow....I really didn't expect that," he said honestly, placing down his mug and taking hold of her hand once again, this time linking his fingers into hers. His thumb gently rubbed the side of her hand. "Sasha, you really are wonderful. Would you, er, like to head home now? I mean, its getting late, and I think they're closing up soon," ​John added, glancing over to the counter.

Gently, her shoulders slowly shrugged to John's reassurance. L'aire hoped she wouldn't always trip over her words with him. She could only imagine that would get incredibly annoying. As he resumed his drink, she took up the hot chocolate and finished it. The Fairest was content to sit silently and drink despite John's glances. It made her chuckle with a 'what' expression occasionally.

"Expect what?" She asked curiously. It was out of the blue. As he spoke his sweet words again, L'aire really hoped this wasn't all some sort of rouse in the end. But a kiss like that seemed otherwise. "Thank you John." Her linked fingers gently pressing to his. "That sentiment is mutual." The Fairest wanted to correct him, but she didn't. "Yeah, we should. I don't like to be those people that have to be asked to leave and pretend not to realize they're closing." She laughed softly, but it really was true.

"The kiss. Its been a long time since I've kissed someone, I'd forgotten what its like," John admitted, still holding her hand while looking into her eyes. When she mentioned about the bar closing, John laughed. "Indeed, I know what you mean. I'm always having to push Digger and Dale from a bar. Its not a pretty sight."

Nice going, John, way to ruin the moment.

"How far is your place from here? We can walk or take the trike, whatever you prefer, Sasha," the caring chaplain asked.

L’aire was internally puzzled at his unexpectedness of their kiss. Because really, he made the move… and she liked it. "Its an unspoken language...so I've heard." Her eyes widened slightly, only realizing half way through her note what she had said. The Fairest laughed loudly and her freehand quickly went over her mouth apologetically. "So I take it you're the responsible one?" She had only met Digger and she didn't know who Dale was so saying anything more was unbecoming.

"Um, I'm not sure it's within walking distance." The Fairest didn't know her way around the greatest. "It's at <address>." Which was several blocks away. "We can walk if you'd like, but there's only one jacket." L'aire softly chuckled.

John chuckled too, just because it was so infectious. "That is true. We'll take the trike, make it easier," he said with a smile, slowly standing and stretching out his legs. He still kept hold of Sasha's hand, however, while with his free hand he pulled out some change and left it beside the empty mugs. He then picked up his jacket and slipped it around Sasha's shoulder once again, grinning.

L’aire knew it may not always be like this; not always smiling, laughing and amazing. But it was a beautiful beginning. Nodding she agreed. “Yeah, it will.” She watched him leave change on the table and again, it was those little things that she tucked away in her mind. When he finished putting his jacket on her shoulders she warmly looked at him. “Thank you.” As they returned to his trike again it was nearly feeling routine. Her arms wrapped around him less awkwardly and the Fairest held John tight.

It was late in the evening, and through the residential part of their drive she remained quiet. They came upon her address. The building was a small three story place that looked to hold a few apartments. It wasn’t the greatest of buildings, but looked like someone tried to keep it up. L’aire looked to John’s arms as they had pulled up to see if he was chilled again. Soon he’d have his jacket back though.

Throughout the ride, John kept glancing over his shoulder just to make sure Sasha was okay but knew he didn't really need to. He could feel her arms around his waist, and that was enough for him. Thankfully, his heart wasn't pounding as much anymore, mainly because of the roaring engine of the trike, but still, in John's mind, it meant he was getting very comfortable after the evening's events.

As they arrived, John switched off the engine of his vehicle, mainly so as not to wake up the street and got off the trike, holding out a slightly-goosebumped hand and arm, like he had all evening, for Sasha. Looking up at the building, he smiled. "Its a nice building, very well maintained," John said, honestly. He could appreciate an area that looked after itself. It meant his job was a lot easier.

She took John’s hand with ease, each time the nerves were lessened. While L’aire looked at him in the night’s light she wondered if she could play mortal for him. The Winter Fairest had no titles in the Freehold and perhaps by seeing someone no other Changeling knew, both parts of the Ice Law would be upheld. “Thanks, though it’s really not much.” The Dancer shrugged her graceful shoulders that held the biker’s jacket.

L’aire’s violet eyes had easily depicted the scarred arm’s chill and with the opposite hand she ran it over his forearm. “John, do you want to come in and warm up for a minute?” She was honest in her intentions, there was nothing hidden in her expression. And then it hit her, but didn’t show… Holy, did I just…

John could read the honest intent behind Sasha's words but he still chuckled, and stepping closer to her as she ran a hand over his forearm, he looked into her violet eyes. "I'm fine, thank you. I should really head home and get some sleep before work," he said, honestly. "Although..." he added, pausing, wondering if this is what happens, "Is it okay if I have your phone number?" The question was simple but John felt awkward in asking. Is that what you ask nowadays?

If there was any disappointment in the Fairest eyes, it was only because she didn't want the night to end. "Oh, yes... that's right. Working on Saturday." L'aire had been quickly reminded of that thing called reality. She was also reluctant to release John's hand, even if it was to remove his jacket. "Number." The Fairest grinned and nodded. "Of course, that's what is asked, John. I don't have any paper on me but if you have a cell phone on you we could swap?" This time, L'aire would program his number in so she knew exactly when he was calling. She wanted him to stay, even if for only a few minutes but she wasn't the type to guilt trip. And she wasn't sure if he was being chivalrous or not. Her violet eyes seemed to study him, and well, admire him too. The Dancer opened her mouth to say something while waiting for his reply but quickly closed it into a soft smile.

Taking out his phone, a simple thing with keys that could be seen unlike these new smartphone devices, John nodded and was more than happy to pass Sasha his number, and was all ready to get hers. "I really should, what's the word? Upgrade," John grinned, concentrating as his fingers were ready to type out Sasha's details before pausing and looking back up into her violet eyes. "What's your surname, Sasha? I'm sorry to be rude, its really something I should have asked earlier."

Nervous, John?

Smirking when John pulled out his phone, she flashed him her own. “Well, I think we’re in agreement. I need it to talk and text, just something simple.” It was clear it was a phone of necessity and not luxury. “But if you want to upgrade, you should do it.” The Fairest quickly added, she was unsure why.

Her brows knitted together as she fiddles with her phone. When John asked her last name, she looked up to his eyes. “Oh, it’s Collins. That’s not rude, John.” L’aire paused and looked like she was trying to back track her memories of that evening. “Uh, I don’t think I know yours either. There’s so much I want to know.” She stopped flat, wondering why she said that aloud. L’aire hadn’t had a problem talking with men before, why was he so different. She had an internal collision, not wanting to screw anything up and her subconscious wanting to make a mess of things. Her heart protecting herself.

"Its fine. Its Holt," John replied with a grin, rolling her name over in his mind as he placed her details into his phone. Sasha Collins, Sasha Collins. He was pleasantly surprised by just how comfortable he was in giving out his details to her, and once he had her number stored safely in his phone, he put it back in his pocket. "Would you like me to walk you to your door?" he asked, glancing over her shoulder and realising they were pretty much there anyway. Internally, he cringed. "I mean, we're almost there anyway," he added with a chuckle.

L’aire completed the addition of John Holt’s name into her phone. After she had returned her phone to her pocket, she pulled off his jacket. Stepping toward him with it in her hands she lifted it toward him. She gently chuckled and nodded. “Yes, you can walk me there, or anywhere.” L'aire may not have realized wht she fully said. Glancing at his arms again, she really wished he’d warm up a little before leaving, but she wasn’t the pushy type. Despite being in California, it seemed that just a little chill in the air was enough to make anyone cold. Drawing in a breath to speak her mouth opened and she closed it quickly as the Fairest looked into John’s eyes. So calm and serene like his nature.

"Oh, yes, I might be needing that," John grinned as he took the jacket, slipping off his Crusaders vest before redressing first his jacket and then the vest over the top. Seeing the look in her eyes, the way she opened her mouth to speak, John cocked his head slightly. "What?" he asked, still smiling.

Watching him put the pieces of his attire back together was something to be admired. The way John moved with ease and the vest; it seemed out of place considering he was a chaplain, yet at the same time it was a part of him. Her bare arms goosebumped, but not because of the night’s chill but what she didn’t want to say. “Will I see you again?”

You’re thirty L’aire this shouldn’t be difficult. “Uh, when could I see you again?” Her face flushed again, she felt so childish. She’d done so many things to avoid this situation, but suddenly found herself wrapped up in the evening, and John. “Sorry, I should shut up and go in before I say something…uh..” L’aire pivoted away from his gaze. Doubtful Katrin would ever be in this situation. The Winter also realized she probably shouldn’t have shunned herself from so many for such a long time.

As Sasha turned away from him, John moved so as to keep facing her, and wrapped his arms around her waist. With baited breath, he paused, just in case he had gone too far, looking into her violet, inviting eyes, eyes that had been drawing him in all evening. "I don't ever want to hear you shut up, Sasha, why do you think I asked for your phone number? As for seeing me again, I'm not sure what's acceptable nowadays, I mean, I finish work tomorrow around four, so, you know..." John's voice trailed away as he continued to smile. "Um, yes, so. I'd really love to see you again, Sasha."

Stupid was the word she nearly said. And now she felt it. But what was more comforting was John's hands round her waist. "I don't know why I said that John. I've just been...lead on before." L'aire couldn't look at him while she spoke. It was wholly embarrassing to admit, especially out loud. It wasn't just the mess with Lorenzo, it was the assholes who objectified her and a reminder of her Keeper.

Her hands moved to his biceps in a subconscious manner. They lifted a little while she spoke and looked to his shirt, his arms and then to his eyes. "Anything is acceptable I guess." Shrugging a smile returned to her lips. "I'd love to see you again too. But whatever would work for you. I wouldn't want to be too forward. I have class till six... its really up to you." L'aire knew she was rambling, but didn't stop herself. She pulled herself a little closer to him for the intent of assuring him she wasn't going to take off, like she nearly just did.

John's arms held on to Sasha tighter, a signal that he would be her strength and support of necessary, and gave her a smile. Even if she had been lead on, John would not do that to anyone, friend or foe. Upright, honest, moral. They were more than just words to the chaplain.

"Too forward? I think I'm the one guilty of that," John grinned looking down at his hands wrapped around her waist, and thinking back to the kiss at the coffee lounge. "Six? I can pick you up, if you like? I mean, I have a truck as well, if its more comfortable."

L'aire felt his arms pull tighter. It was so comforting. She sighed contently at the feeling of being wrapped in his arms.

With a playful sly smile she added. "The only thing you're guilty of is everything being just right." The Fairest said without hesitation. She followed his eyes and ducked her head a little into his view with a soft smile. "I'd like that. The truck. I'm going to have a bag with me if that's okay." L'aire was sure he wouldn't care, but she didn't want to impose. "I work at Studio One. I'll probably be back in room 5A at that time. Although it may be slightly earlier depending on how the class goes." As she finished speaking her gaze was drawn into his face once more.

The chaplain sounded pleased as he spoke, a look of hope in his eyes. "A bag? Not a problem. I'm sure it won't mind sitting in the back," he chuckled, giving Sasha a wink. "Studio One? Can anyone sit in and observe, or are the classes private?" John enquired, happy to be able to talk some more with Sasha.

"It's just clothes, I'm sure they won't mind." Grinning as John mentioned the back of the truck. "Oh, no the last class I'm teaching tomorrow isn't private." L'aire softly laughed. "You're welcome to sit in and observe if you'd like." Although she thought it was a little odd, considering most people came to watch those taking lessons and not the instructor. "I'll leave your name at the front desk, you'll have to check in though and show your ID." The Fairest smirked a little and gave him a blithe expression and moved her hand to pat his coat over his chest. "I uh, thought you...um needed to..." Biting her lower lip, she was still smiling. L'aire didn't want to finish her sentence, mainly so as to remind him of what he said earlier.

"Oh," John said, realising that the morning would be very tough to wake up to due to the late hour. "Yes, I really should," he sighed, looking down as Sasha patted his coat over his chest. He smiled at the closeness, the familiarity that had naturally developed between them both and looked back into Sasha's eyes. "Right, so," he began, not really wanting to go but he'd already made that decision. Now he was simply stalling. "I suppose I should be heading home too...."

L'aire sort of cursed herself for a moment, bringing back reality. She laughed gently for no reason but nerves and how adorable John was at that moment. "Should, is up to you..." Her eyes were fixed on a sea of blue. Had L'aire been a little taller, her slow motion of standing on the tips of her toes may have gotten her somewhere. "So...?" The Fairest made no notion of separating from his arms. Yet another time tonight, she had wanted time to stand still. "Heading home... yeah... I guess so..." The Winter Dancer felt conflicted, it was probably written in her eyes. Not wanting John to leave, but knowing he probably needed to. And then there was another thing she wanted to revisit...

"Yes, home..."

Was it really temptation when it felt so natural?

John leant down, his arms wrapped around Sasha and pulled her tighter as, once again, his lips found hers. He closed his eyes.

And then it happened again... the beautiful sensations that flew through her body all at once. It sent an amazing chill through her body. L'aire relaxed into John's arms, just content to be there. There were moments when someone noticed everything, this was one. How his lips felt upon hers. The sensation, the temperature, the pressure, the delicate movement...and the feeling that soared within. Knowing she'd see him tomorrow, she still couldn't help not wanting to let go, not wanting to part from yet another perfect moment. It felt like a song, that swept in her mind. Her arms slowly found their way up around his shoulders, hugging him tightly.

Holding the kiss for several moments, John wasn't entirely sure what the time was but it felt strange that everything seemed to hold its breath, the whole world waiting for the moment when it could begin to rotate again. Which, for the usually pragmatic Ithaeur, was quite an idiosyncratic notion. Why would the world stop spinning on its axis just for this kiss.

Because its perfect, you dolt.

When it finally did end, and he opened his eyes, John found that his fingers had been absently running up and down Sasha's back, and apologised for quite the intimate gesture. "I'm sorry for the wandering hands, Sasha. I don't know what came over me," he said with an embarrassed smile.

L’aire opened her eyes as their lips parted. She’d felt John’s hands over her; it was relaxing. A warming sensation that counter acted the soft chill of the evening.

She shook her head and pulled her fingers to run along his jaw line and to beneath his chin. “No need to apologize. I like it.” The Fairest’s smile was sweet while she was still not far from John’s lips. “I could get use to this.” L’aire drew in a breath and then held it, wanting desperately to shut herself up. She had no fears of intimacy, but the Dancer had a fear of rushing things, for John.

"Me also," John replied as he gazed into Sasha's eyes, her fingers dancing across his jaw, and even though he was once again wearing his jacket, he felt goosebumps. His eyes wandered across Sasha's shoulders and down her arms.

"Oh my, you must be frozen, Sasha!" he suddenly said, realizing he took his jacket back some time ago. "Maybe..." the chaplain started and then paused. "I mean, perhaps, maybe a coffee would be good?" he said....asked. Either way, John done so quite awkwardly.

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Gauru

Urshul

PRE

“No, I'm not frozen, really.” L’aire gently chuckled. “But… yes, coffee would be good.” Her arm moved between them and she slowly moved it downward to her waist. Another moment, she had reached into her pocket and pulled out the small key ring with three keys and a tiny metal ribbon with teal enamel on it.

“Remember, I only have those coffee single things.” The Fairest smiled sheepishly. She looked into his blue eyes again. “But please don’t feel obligated to stay, John. I’ve been cold before.” L’aire said gently. She felt guilty, knowing he had to work but still wanted to warm up. The Winter Fairest had known all night that she’d have to say goodbye eventually, but John’s arms were so inviting.

Allowing himself to be led so his arm stayed wrapped around Sasha's waist, John continued to smile. "Oh, I like coffee like that. Its so simple and not half as expensive. Besides, I'd like to stay," he chuckled as she took out her keys. "That's a pretty keyring," John said, noticing the metal teal ribbon.

L'aire walked with John to the main entrance, which lead to a stairwell that split up and down. Though she was a little puzzled why he decided to change his mind about staying, her only concern was the mention he had work in the morning. "Yeah, it does the trick in a pinch considering I don't have a coffee pot." Glancing at the keys in her hand, she looked back up to the gentle man. "Oh, I got it on the road somewhere." Which was entirely true...the reason wasn't something she was about to bring up; tonight anyway. The Fairest chuckled as the door was opened to the apartment in the lower level.

"Please come in, John." L'aire smiled and gestured into the very small and nearly bare apartment. There was a small table in the kitchen area, which itself was small. Everything was clean, however, save for bottles atop the cupboards with rolled up paper in them. Around the corner was the living room, if John was to peer around he would see it entirely empty other than a small table in the corner with a basic stereo on it. A hallway could be seen opposite the kitchen which had 3 regular doors and 1 smaller door. As they had made their way a little into the kitchen, she relinquished herself from his arms. Pulling out a teakettle, she went to the sink to fill it with water. "Sorry, microwaving water is unappealing to me." The Fairest softly chuckled.

Entering the apartment, John looked around and was glad to see that Sasha's apartment was much like his own abode; barely furnished. He smiled as he wondered why she had it so. He himself found that with work and running around defending the territory as a werewolf meant he spent very little time at his home, and so, never saw the point in buying lots of furniture.

He chuckled as Sasha took out a teakettle. "Its fine, I prefer to boil my water in a kettle too. Tastes so much better." A pause, his eyes catching the bottles. "Now that's a very nice idea," John stated, still looking at the bottles. "It reminds me of going to the sea," he added before wondering why he said such a personal thing.

Briefly, her fingers looped her hair behind her ear. It looked like an unconscious motion, or a memory filtering through. "Oh, thanks." L'aire said quickly as she glanced up to the bottles and away, focusing on turning on the stove. Then she pivoted and turned to John. "You can take your coat off if you'd like." She pointed to a hook by the door. "I'm sorry I don't get company so needless to say I'm hardly prepared." The Dancer's slender shoulders shrugged a little and she turned to the hallway. "We can sit and talk in here, if you'd like." Her head made a gesturing motion to the bedrooms as she softly smiled. Her living room happened to be the secondary bedroom, but it may not have been a normal thing to do. L'aire's body seemed to be at the ready, whether it was to take John's coat or help him find his way.

"Its fine, thank you," John said, removing his jacket and hanging it neatly on the hook indicated before turning back to face Sasha, his hands clasped behind him. "I don't think either of us expected we'd be here tonight," he said, trying desperately not to put his foot in his mouth yet again, yet somehow feeling he'd already failed. Instead, he looked for a new topic to chat about. "Have you been living here long?" the chaplain asked, ready to follow Sasha wherever she moved to.

“No, I didn’t think we’d be here… at all. Among everything else.” L’aire softly smiled, as she looked to John’s kind face. The Fairest began walking down the hall, half turned to him while she did like the Dancer could move with ease anywhere. “Since March sometime.”

The bedroom that had been made into a living room consisted of a couch, a simple chair that looked more like it belonged to the dining room. A bookshelf with movies, the titles were generally dance focused; Riverdance, the King and I, Step Up and Shall We Dance. There was a few at one end, near the bottom turned backwards, which looked intentional. L’aire’s television was small, but adequate for the space of the room. “I’ve lived out of hotels for years, so this whole apartment thing is a little uh, strange to adjust to.” She smiled awkwardly to John. God this is embarrassing. Her graceful hand motioned to the couch. “You can have a seat if you want. I'm gonna slip into something more comfortable.” The Dancer's frame turned slightly to move waiting briefly for John to become adjusted.

"Really, its lovely. My own place is quite similar. I've never had need of many belongings." Taking a seat, John cocked his head to read the movies Sasha owned and was about to ask about the ones that were hidden but double-took as she said something about wearing more comfortable clothes. "Oh, okay, sure." John wondered what exactly she meant by that but brushed it aside as simply what is said. He called out from the couch, "Do you enjoy watching movies?"

"Thank you, John." L'aire smiled to his approval. She saw him make an extra move, but wasn't exactly sure why. Still she proceeded to her bedroom as she heard him ask his question. "Yeah, I do. I only buy a few here and there. Mostly I end up watching some with dance number, especially the recent ones." There were a few noises from the bedroom, shuffling of a drawer opening and closing. "I do that so I know what people may be wanting to learn when they take lessons." L'aire felt like she was rambling again so she quickly concluded. But, I don't mind watching other films."

When she returned to the other room, L'aire had a simple black thin sweater over her shirt. She paused in the doorway looking at him for a moment. There was still part of her that was a little shocked at how the night had went. Though she wondered a little if she deserved it. "So, how about you? Do you watch many movies, John." She smiled softly, her voice lingered upon his name a little.

"Well that makes sense, keeping up with what the customers want," John replied when Sasha explained the dancing movies. As she appeared in the doorway, he turned and smiled at just how beautiful she was in a simple black sweater. "Me? Watch movies? I've never really been into anything, to be honest. I suppose I quite like comedies, things that take my mind off work. We all need a break every now and again. Maybe...we could go, one night? To the theatre?" The question seemed so innocent, yet was packed full of hope. "I must say, your sweater looks warm," the chaplain quickly added to cover his awkwardness.

Her head turned to the direction of the kitchen a moment, then back to John. L'aire was clearly comfortable in her apartment and she sat down on the edge of the sofa turned toward him. Softly she chuckled. "I don't think I've seen many comedies, but I can understand why you'd like them...I think." From what little she gathered of John so far, he probably needed something diverse. "I would love to go. The last movie I saw was the Avengers, I think. And before that... no time." L'aire's eyes couldn't hide the enjoyment she was having. Making even more plans, it was unexpected...and thrilling.

There was a humbled smile from the Dancer as John mentioned her sweater, which she really thought nothing of. "Oh, it is. The water should be ready soon. I may have creamer, powdered and sugar...so you'll have to follow me back to the kitchen. I don't want to over do it." L'aire gently laughed. "Unless you take it black that is." All of this because I forgot a friggen jacket. She wasn't sure if John was implying he was cold or what he may have meant, either way she was clearly caught up talking to him. Even though she felt like she was rambling as she bit her lip slightly.

A quizzical look came over John's placid features. "Avengers? What's that?" he asked, showcasing his complete lack of current hype. "Is it still showing?" was his next question, again slightly out of his depth. He really should keep uptodate on such things more as it could make more conversation at work.

"Certainly," John said as he stood to follow Sasha back through to the kitchen, looking down at her as she sat on the end of her couch. He was glad to see that she seemed more comfortable. "Just some cream will be fine, thank you. I'm still tasting the sugar from our earlier drinks," he chuckled, which brought back memories of their first kiss, his cheeks reddening slightly as he averted his gaze from Sasha's violet eyes. John did smile, however.

L'aire threw her hand away gracefully and smiled. "Oh, some comic book movie or something. It was interesting and sort of larger than life meets worlds going to end." The Fairest pondered for a moment. "Well, I think it was early this summer so I don't think so. It's probably a rental right now." It wasn't something she was all gung ho about, so the recollections were pretty vague.

She watched John stand before her, so charming and kind. When he mentioned the coffee earlier, she remembered that wasn't all that was sweet. L'aire stood and stepped toward him her hand began to raise to him from her side. She quickly retracted it with a jagged breath. "Cream. Sure." The Fairest chuckled as she turned to head to the kitchen. "Yes, it was sweet...and hot." L'aire's face was away from John, and she pursed her lips from the memory till she quickly clarified. "Uh the coffee and cocoa...." You were doing so well L'aire. Deep down she knew her skittish ways were only a fear of getting hurt again.

"End of the world? Sounds inspiring," John chuckled as Sasha explained the general plotline. "Oh, rental only? Worth a night in, then?"

Well done, John, just invite yourself round for dinner...

"Very hot," John replied with a grin as Sasha headed for the kitchen, following behind. He was certainly warmed up now, for some reason. It must be the other apartments in the building. "Oh, yes, that's what I was talking about. The kiss was very nice, too." John continued to smile like a young boy with an ever growing crush. "Would you like me to do anything?" he offered, obviously talking about the hot water, or even getting the cups ready.

"Oh yeah that'd be great, I'd watch it again." L'aire nodded as she walked into the kitchen. Then her heart sunk and she made the first appearance of nerves as she flexed her hand. God I hope he likes salad.

"Were you..." L'aire turned to him with playful eyes. "Talking about the coffee." She stopped herself flat. Oh too early to joke. Gah. The Fairest looked to John's eyes and let it linger for a moment. "Yes. That was...very." And then the tea kettle whistled. Pointing to the cupboard on top next to the sink. "Yes, if you'd like. The kisses are in there, if you'd like to pull them out please." She moved to open a drawer to grab a potholder to bring the water off the burner and in the next motion, pulled out the creamer from the corner.

John turned and then paused as what Sasha said entered his brain. He looked round, a matching playful look in his blue eyes. "You keep your kisses in the cupboard?" he asked, rather too coyly.

L'aire gasped and turned; there was a near horrified expression on her face. "Oh...oh no no I meant cups." She laughed nervously and bit her lip a moment. "I'm really sorry." With a quick pivot she flipped back to a cupboard to look for the sugar. The Winter Fairest was clearly not focused on what she was saying. Graceful dancer...not so graceful conversationalist.

John was about to chuckle but spotted Sasha's expression and felt awful for pointing it out. He quickly got two cups and placed them next to Sasha. "Its fine, really, no need to apologise. If anything, I should apologise for keep mentioning it." He placed his hand on her own hand, once again feeling her smooth skin. "The last thing I want to do, Sasha, is make you uncomfortable."

Oh shit, I guilt tripped him. The Fairest saw the cups placed on the counter beside her obvious that John was right behind her. "No please don't stop..." Then she felt his hand over hers, and she looked at them together. It felt right. "mentioning it....John." Pulling her hand away, L'aire breathed in slowly and turned around, stepping away from the stove and toward the gentle man before her. In her strive to be perfect, she kept stumbling. But it was the past that made her trip.

She reclaimed his hand again now that they were facing each other. Looking up to his blue eyes her own were apologetic. "You're not making me uncomfortable. It's clearly on my mind...the kiss." The makings of a smile creased the side of her lips a moment. "I just haven't been in this situation for a long time and it should be like riding a bike or something." L'aire looked to him, nearly searching for answers. John had said he was allowed to date, but his elaboration was much like her own earlier that night.

"Ah, riding a bike. That hobby will get you in trouble," John joked with a big grin, his eyes moving to the small crease in her smile. His free hand came up beside her face and he softly stroked her cheek, making small circles with his thumb. "Its been on my mind ever since the coffee lounge, and I can't forget it," he said honestly, enjoying the contact his was making with her skin once again. There was something soothing to his mind when they touched, making all the worries in his life vanish.

"Sasha, we don't have to rush anything. As I said earlier, this is completely new to me so I am going to stumble and apologise, most certainly a lot," he added with a chuckle. "You have no idea how special this night has been."

The Fairest smiled back with John, realizing he probably meant his trike, and how the whole night started. She breathed deeply when his hand touched her face, L'aire's heart began to race. He didn't make her feel like just another woman, or an elf. She didn't know if it was all a rouse, but it didn't feel that way. "I don't think I'll be able to look at coffee the same way again." Nuzzling her cheek into John's hand. "Or hot chocolate."

L'aire's fingers curled into his hand locking them together even more. "I know we don't have to rush anything. I'm just want to get past the part where I sound ridiculous." She breathed in slowly as her words were paced. When John mentioned how special the night was, her eyes closed softly, repeating the moment in her mind. Like the chocolate, I could melt. Her violet eyes opened again and she said in a heartfelt whisper. "I may not know how special it is to you...but I feel it. How special tonight is." It didn't come out in one piece, but she spoke and her hand squeezed his a little more. One of L'aire's eyes had welled up a little while she looked into John's soft serene seas.

John continued to smile, allowing Sasha to lock fingers with his own, and didn't interrupt anything that she said, simply chuckling when he agreed with what she had said. The Ithaeur watched her every movement, noting at just how graceful every action was, how gentle her demeanour. He wondered if she had been hurt previously, and the sudden flare of anger at the thought caught John by surprise. As he felt her hand tighten, John gripped back, careful however not to cause her any pain. "I don't think I've ever been so...contented," he whispered back, once again surprised at the words. He was a chaplain; surely he was supposed to be contented? Noticing her eye, John smiled gently and with his thumb, wiped away the tear.

L'aire hadn't realized there was a tear shed till John took it away. She didn't even know why she did it. The Fairest came to a swift conclusion as she looked into the chaplain's eyes; happy. Though the Onyx Dancer instantly knew she wouldn't rush to tell the world, even though she wanted to. It was her way of protecting him. "Contented." She repeated then grinned profoundly. "Yes... that's exactly it." L'aire realized now, more than ever that she could do this. Let John in, slowly. He was far different than the pompous man she once fell for. The Dancers free hand moved to the back of his while it was near her face. Then she moved the same hand to John's smooth face. In a languid motion, she rose up on her feet and gently pulled his face to hers. This time, L'aire kissed John.

He forgot the world, the Hisil, the worries of the Pure. He forgot about work in the morning, his packmates, about the meeting he was going to be having with an Officer. He forgot about the coffee, about the Avengers and going home. Everything vanished as Sasha pulled him towards her and kissed him. Inside, he heard his heart beating in time with the words.

Uratha Safal Thil Lu’u.

No, John told himself. He would not ruin anything by rushing this and forced his mind to the present. His arms, scarred as they were, slid around Sasha's waist to ensure she was safe. A strange notion as they were in her home, the place she felt safest. But not as safe as my arms, John suddenly thought, and once again, wondered where this was coming from. Certainly, he had always considered himself a protector of one sort, helping people through difficult times, but not to this degree, with such....animalism.

As the kettle boiled, John continued to kiss Sasha, falling away with his heart.

The passion that she had for dancing crept up in a mysterious way. Transposed into another realm of her body as John's arms encompassed her. There was a second that her heart beat into her chest in panic. Fast, these feelings are too fast. Only hours have gone by. Stop. The Sorrowed court nearly seized her. But a memory stepped in. Her mother's face, the reason for freezing out everything suddenly warmed her veins. It had to be a sign.

L'aire's kiss was far more passionate than before. Moving her arms around John's shoulders, pulling close to him. The Fairest didn't open her eyes, she only let herself feel. The Dancer's right arm fell away slowly from his shoulder and rested over the chest of the gentle man. She was lost in the moment; lost as her lips parted to his; lost to the sensations around her. The Dancer felt her body... well, dance; bounding and leaping within twisting and turning to the rhythm of her heart, despite being wrapped in the arms of the chaplain. So taken into the kiss, the whistling sound was lost to all that had being whirling in her mind.

As her hand touched his chest, John's arms gently pulled Sasha in closer as the words continued to thunder in his mind in time with his heartbeat. Luna was was testing him, he was sure of it, but testing him for what? Wasn't this what she had decreed? He felt the passion of Sasha's kiss intensivy, more so than the kisses he gave her in the coffee lounge and on her doorstep. This was completely different and without thinking, John reciprocated.

Leaning back, his eyes still firmly closed, John picked Sasha from the ground so her feet dangled, his arms holding her around the waist still as his hands gripped her sides. It was a passion he had never felt and he wanted it to last forever.

This is what its like to live. This is worth dying for.

If there was anything she could freeze, right now it would be time. She barely had the power to do freeze anything as it was. The Fairest truly hoped that this feeling wasn't about her looks, L'aire knew she was graceful and beautiful but it had its price. Surely a man of god wouldn't succumb to looks alone. If that was the case, John, like other men, would have lost his patience earlier in the evening. But it wasn't so.

She was taken by surprise again. It was probably the first time she could remember being picked up that didn't involve dancing. L'aire gasped slightly, but didn't open her eyes yet. The Fairest felt his strength, but not like that of which she feared from some. Her lips entwined further with his. Wrapping her arms tighter around him, but not out of the thought to fall.

There was reluctance as her lips parted from John's. L'aire's eyes opened and she whispered sweetly. "Oh my...." Clearly speechless, she softly breathed with no indication of wriggling free. "John...that was..." Her eyes did that searching thing back and forth to the blue eyed man.

John's eyes opened slowly as he felt their lips part and he just smiled as he held her in his arms. Not finishing the sentence, the chaplain simply nodded in understanding and chuckled, his heart slowly calming. "I think the kettle is ready," John said as the sound of the whistling interrupted his thoughts. Gently placing her down, trailing his fingers delicately among her back as his arms came from around her waist, John turned to save the water, and carefully poured enough into each cup.

A glance to make sure this was real and John beamed, stirring the coffee before passing Sasha hers. "So, coffee. Very good idea," he chuckled, still tasting her on his lips, completely forgetting about the cream.

Breathing in as John's arms moved around her and placed her back on her feet. "You can do that again anytime." L'aire murmured then her face froze, her mouth opened to apologize but her eyes looked to John's. The Fairest smiled instead. She didn't say a thing as she watched John move swiftly in her small kitchen. It seemed natural, him being there. So story book... If there would be bad times down the road, right now, this night, would always be a reminder of a great beginning.

The Dancer took the coffee and as the sweet man before her spoke, L'aire shrugged her shoulders in a slow, cuddle like motion. "Yes, you're full of those... good ideas." She sipped the coffee and then moved close to John again. "Like going for a bike ride." Grinning thoughtfully as she continued. "Dancing with no music in the park..." She softly giggled before taking another sip. "So, tomorrow. Any ideas?" Her violet eyes met John's, sparkling a little.

Hearing Sasha giggle was so sweet and innocent, John laughed as he sipped his coffee. As their eyes met, the Ithaeur was at a loss for words, once again falling in the violet brilliance. "Well," he whispered, "I'm very interested in seeing you teach, but after that, how about dinner? Although, Saturday night in the city would be hard to find a table..." He thought for a moment, mulling over ideas until a spark of a thought entered his brain. "Unless, we have dinner in with a movie? The Avengers, maybe," he added with a grin.

“That’ll be something new. I’ve never had someone watch me before. Uh, teach that is.” The Fairest laughed a little. “It’s not like I’ve never had someone watch me before. I did perform for a while.” Just only 7 years of course, which seemed distant while she stood in the kitchen with John.

“Uh, yeah…dinner.” She felt her eyes widen. Wow, can’t learn to cook in a day. Shit. “Sure. Dinner.” L’aire sipped her coffee trying to figure out how to say something. The language of her body wasn’t adverse to the idea of the night. But she was clearly apprehensive about the cooking. "Yeah we can do that. I just hope you don’t have any expectations.” The Winter Fairest would have to tell John eventually, but she didn't think it would be this fast.

"Brilliant," John replied smiling, still a bit giddy from the kiss and missing the part about expectations. "What would you prefer? Chinese, pizza, Italian, which covers pizza, really," he added suddenly, losing his train of thought. "We could stop off and pick something up after you teach, if you like? I mean, I would offer to cook, but I tend to live out of a microwave," the chaplain said with a light hearted chuckle. I can't believe this is happening, he thought as the excitement began to build. Having someone to talk to and share life experiences with who is not a beer-swilling, rage machine.

There was a sigh of relief as John mentioned take out. She rarely ate it, but she’d splurge for him. L’aire grinned while looking at him talk, listing off stuff and making plans. “Chinese sounds good. But we can always see what sounds good tomorrow too.” She continued to grin, knowing there’d be a tomorrow; with John.

“I’m sorry.” Her face wrinkled apologetically and L'aire's graceful hand moved to rub the side of her forehead. She took the same hand and flanked it to John as she explained. “I’m also not much of a cook. I eat a lot of salad and fruit.” Note to self, visit Mrs. Rosemary…like soon. There was a strange crossroad in the Fairest right now. Not wanting the night to be over, but thrilled about tomorrow. Laughing as an afterthought she added. “I should probably learn to do that.”

"Its something I should also learn, or eat more fruit and salad," John commented, feeling slightly guilty about his confession of ready made meals. "No need to be sorry," he added, shaking his head, not minding at all if Sasha could or couldn't cook. Finishing off his coffee, John moved over to the sink and automatically rinsed it under the running water to clean it, and placed it upside down to dry. He turned to face Sasha, leaning against the worktop, smiling once more but had to stifle a yawn as he started to get tired, his hand covering his mouth.

"My apologies, been a long, exciting day," he chuckled, wiping his eyes and taking a long, deep breath to try to wake up, hoping the coffee would kick in soon.

S
    Sasha

John was good looking in her eyes. She didn't know why he was concerned about eating, but that seemed to be a trend as it was. What L'aire found attractive in this kind man was certainly not the case years ago. Laughing sweetly she shook her head. "I only do that since I don't have a microwave and can't cook, John." Remarking as he washed his cup out. It's the little things. Those were what were missed in the end. Something she'd grown to notice in the Onyx Court.

Reflexively, she nearly yawned right with him. She set her cup down on the counter for the time being, still not finished with her coffee. "Please, don't be sorry, you weren't going to come in anyway." The Fairest started walking toward John with a soft smile, and her hands beginning to move toward him. Quickly she slipped them back to her side. "Er, you said you had to get up in the morning." An apologetic expression on her face as she realized the time, and the fact he had to work. "Oh, oh wow, I... I didn't mean to keep you up so late."

"I'm glad that I did," John replied honestly, quite pleased that he had, eventually, taken her offer for coffee. "I mean, certainly, I could have been at home right now but I'm under no illusions that I'd be sleeping much. My mind would be thinking about our evening."

As the words came from his mouth, John wasn't sure why he was being so candid. He was an honest man by nature, but he was not the one to let his feelings and emotions come across for the world to hear. He was the figure of belief, the one to help others so they could do their roles in life without conflict. Now, it seemed as if John may have found someone to share....well, perhaps not everything, not yet. But it was a start.

As she moved closer to him, John pushed himself gently from the sideboard he was leaning against, looking into her eyes, matching her smile with one of his own. "Really, I don't mind staying up late. Its quite exhilarating," he joked with a grin. He wanted to feel her in his arms again, feel her lips on his own but knew better than to rush anything.

L'aire's eyes nearly twinkled when John mentioned what he did. It was like a feeling of floating, as he spoke. The Fairest hadn't really heard someone be that honest before. Words escaped before she could stop them. "Exhilarating... What would your mind be thinking about?" Shaking her head, she stepped to John, raising her hand she placed a finger on his lips. Her expression apologetic as her smile. "You don't need to answer that."

Before she knew it, L'aire's other arm had slipped around John's torso. The Dancer, who was almost always completely aware of her actions, wasn't sure what that meant. She also realized how close she pulled herself in, but didn't make a move to pull away. Not this time.

Just as John was about to answer, still smiling, he was surprised as her finger touched his lips, silencing his voice before he could utter a word. Thing was, he wanted to answer, and as he felt her arm wrap around his body, one hand wrapped around her waist to feel her lower back while his second hand cradled the back of her head, his fingers twirling small circles in her hair. Leaning forward, he found her lips once again as his eyes closed, savouring every feeling, both external and internal.

She felt John's lips again her eyes instantly closed. L'aire desperately wanted to let go; completely, but this was only the first night. But instead, she let herself go in this kiss. Maybe this is his true answer without words. The touch of his hands, their placement sending electricity through her. The hand that once touched his lips moved delicately down his jawline to his neck. Feeling her lips entwine with his, the gentle motion of his fingers in her hair. This all sent her reeling. A comfort she felt that she had not in years. The only hesitation felt from her, was her arm by his side. It crept behind to his back then pulled to his side again. She knew John had to go, and there was guilt in delaying him. And yet, she couldn't stop kissing him. Something was ignited, the Fairest didn't want to put it out. Within their kiss, L'aire was unaware that she gave the smallest of hints that she wanted more.

Falling deeper into the kiss, John did let himself go. Twenty years without kissing another woman so passionately was too long, and in this perfect moment, another in a long line of perfect moments in one evening, the Ithaeur's heart raced faster and faster with each passing moment. Pulling her closer to his torso, not forcefully, but with desire, John breathed deeper with each second until he broke the kiss. Eyes closed, he rested his forehead against Sasha's. "I...don't want to...go home." A pause, his voice sounding like he was asking for forgiveness. "I'm sorry."

She felt as if she was floating, like when he picked her up before. L'aire felt amazing, locked into his arms and John's kiss. Escaping to something happy for a change. Like the darkness was being gently lifted from her heart. When she felt him stop, the Fairest didn't move, a smile upon her face until he spoke. Her eyes opened ever so slowly almost as if she didn't fully comprehend what he initially said. “Wha…..what?” It was a soft whisper and reality set in. “No don’t be sorry.” L’aire shook her head and placed her hand on his cheek. “I uh…” Her heart was racing, she could feel it in her throat. “I didn’t plan for this.” She paused holding her breath a moment. “I’m…” The Fairest’s violet eyes kept moving back and forth between John’s. She hadn’t moved from her position, still in his warm arms and still with their foreheads pressed together.

“I want you to stay…but I uh.” Her pale cheeks flushed, then went back to white. “I uh…” Was totally not expecting this. “John…I.” She held her breath, what seemed like a long time. Her eyes frozen in his, they were full of everything, yet she felt blank. Like her brain turned to mush. And maybe he was all too charming; and she fell for it. Her heart began to sink. She closed her eyes, fearful of what she was about to say. In a nervous whisper she whispered nearly on his lips. “I just don’t want to be that girl.”

His eyes fluttering open, so close to Sasha's, John tilted his head slightly in confusion. "That girl?" he asked, obviously not used to the meaning behind her words.

“Yeah, that girl.” Her hand lifted over John’s shoulder in a small rolling motion, searching for the appropriate words. L’aire closed her eyes, she didn’t know why this was embarrassing to talk about. It never bothered her before; but she was talking to a chaplain after all. “That girl who uh… is easy.” She breathed in slowly and added more clarification. “That girl who sleeps around.”

Now she started wondering if John may have just been saying that to be sweet instead of well…that guy. Her eyes still closed, she whispered. “John, what would happen if you stayed?” L’aire knew she entirely killed whatever moment there had been. She opened her mouth to correct herself, but stopped. Now she felt like she grabbed the shovel to dig it deeper. The Dancer hadn’t moved from his arms, nor the proximity of his kind face.

"Oh..." he said before realising what she meant with her clarification. "Oh, no! Sasha, I would never think that!" His reply was, as ever, honest and in this case, as innocent as innocent could get. He brushed her hair from her face and tenderly kissed her forehead. If he felt suddenly uncomfortable, John wasn't showing it. He did, however, sigh. "I'm sorry. It was impetuous of me to mention anything, its just...I haven't felt such passion in a very long time." With a light chuckle, he shook his head. "If I stayed? Well, I'd probably ask for another coffee, and perhaps a blanket to fall asleep on the couch with."

Way to make her feel guilty, John, Luna must be so proud.

Whew, not like other men. Still, she felt bad for thinking he was that way at all. He was a chaplain after all, and probably had many principals on the subject. “John, it’s okay.” Smiling sweetly to him, whether or not he could see. “I shouldn’t have thought you were implying anything.” L’aire clarified a little further, but really didn’t want to bring up the past. When he spoke of passion that he felt, her heart leapt. Her hand moved over his as it brushed away her hair. “John, I haven’t met someone as sincere as you in a long time.” The Dancer’s demeanor changed to that of relief and calm.

“The couch…” L’aire chuckled breathily. “My bed would be more comfortable. The couch is short. I could sleep there…or.” Her body fully aware of how it felt wrapped in John’s arms, she spoke with a little apprehension, but no implication. “you could…sleep next to me?” She bit her lip, feeling like she was pushing her luck.

John smiled and felt quite guilty about how suddenly complicated the evening had turned. Was this what dating was like? A relative minefield of awkward moments? Mentally, he couldn't help but chuckle, perhaps a little shamefully. It was simply his inexperience that made it so awkward, and rushing into anything further would possibly spoil their relationship.

"Thank you, Sasha. You are a truly wonderful person, and so special. But we did say less than an hour ago not to rush," the Ithaeur added with a touch of regret. "And my staying over is certainly breaking that agreement." Still holding her, John gave pulled away ever so slightly, so he could look onto her face, and smiled affectionately. "How about we stick to the original plan. I'll pick you up tomorrow from work, we get some dinner and a movie, and spend the evening relaxing and talking?"

The Onyx Dancer was well aware she'd stowed herself away from moments like this. Real moments; the ones that take your breath away. But the way John looked at her and spoke to her was something she hadn't felt before. Realizing how quickly she got caught up in the moment, L'aire nodded to John. Mirroring his smile, she nearly wanted to kiss him again but that was obviously not the right path for now. "You're right of course." She smirked a little. "I got a little... carried away."Her graceful shoulders shrugged in slow apology. "And yeah, there is tomorrow." As she looked into John's eyes, L'aire's became thoughtful of the plans for the next evening. "Which I'm looking forward to, John." Again her voice hung on his name for a second longer.

"Actually, I do believe I was equally responsible in getting carried away," John laughed, trying to make Sasha feel better, looking into her enchanting, violaceous eyes. His fingers brushed her hair behind her ear, still wishing to bring comfort and feel the spark between the pair. "Likewise. I can sincerely say it will be all I think about at work tomorrow," he commented. Lowering his hand from her face, John took both of Sasha's hands in his own and raised them, planting a soft kiss on the back of each. "Thank you for the coffee, Sasha, and a truly wondrous evening."

Chivalry, whether John knew it or not, he was very good at it and L'aire would appreciate every second of it. She reciprocated his laugh with her own. The Winter's expression turned to peaceful as John's hands moved over her face and hair. "I think there will probably be an extra spring in my step." Her eyes watched the sweetness of his lips upon her hands. "And I should thank you, for the coffee at the coffee shop. The bike ride, and the ride home. The Dance." L'aire shook her head and grinned. "Well, everything. An evening I'll never forget."

"I have to agree," John replied as he lowered her hands, moving to walk towards the door but still holding at least one of her hands, fingers tracing circles. Once they were there, John turned back to Sasha, the grin on his face reaching his eyes. "So, Studio One. What time was it again?" he asked, pretty much to confirm it was still okay for him to stop by and watch.

As she watched him compensate for her walking backwards, L'aire could only grin more revered. "The last class starts at 5pm and runs for an hour." As the door had opened and John was standing in it to leave, the Dancer stood on the balls of her feet. The hand John was not holding moved to his cheek and she softly kissed the opposite one. "Goodnight John. Please drive safely." She whispered softly, though L'aire wasn't sure why she said to drive safe.

As Sasha kissed his cheek, John smiled and his cheeks grew slightly redder, but he had no idea why. "I will be as careful as careful can be," John said, stroking her own cheek with one hand. "Goodnight, Sasha. Sleep tight," he said before stepping back from the door, and looking one last time into her violet eyes in a hope to dream about them, he turned to head down the stairs and exit the building, beaming with each step.

L'aire smiled to him, capturing his face in her mind one last time even though she knew she'd see John tomorrow. As she closed the door, her back leaned against it for a moment. The Fairest hoped this wasn't all a dream. That the chaplain was truly unlike most men she'd met. She looked to the bottles above the cupboards in the kitchen. Maybe after all these years it was time for a change. A wonderful, endearing and amazing change... John.

As Sasha leaned against the door, there is a light tapping from the other side, and glancing through the peephole, she could no doubt see a rather embarrassed looking John, his hands in his pants pockets.

L'aire jumped to hear the tap and let out a soft. "Oh." After checking through the peephole she opened the door. Her eyes caught his embarrassment but there was a sweet inquiry on her face with a perplexed smile. "Yes, John?" Did he change his mind about staying?

With a very sheepish smile, John ran a hand over his chin. "I, erm, I forgot my coat," he chortled, really, quite embarrassed now. "Its really quite cold out there and it has my keys in the pocket."

There was an understanding and forgiving look on the Fairest's face. Pulling his coat from the hook not far from her shoulder, L'aire didn't realize he'd left it, her mind was elsewhere. Stepping to John as she handed it to him, her hand on the doorknob she lifted herself as high as she could on her toes and placed a short soft kiss on his lips. Which shocked herself a little, but she didn't apologize this time. "Coat with keys... and hopefully something to warm you."

Watching as she grabbed his coat, John continued to smile and gladly took it, yet was very pleasantly surprised to feel her lips meet his once again, and his eyes shone in gratitude. "Oh, I think that'll keep me warm all night through." Leaning forward, John placed one final kiss on her forehead, before once again stepping back and grinning goodbye to Sasha, slipping his jacket and vest on and fishing his keys from the pocket. Gliding down the stairs two at a time, he reached his trike and savoured the cool night, staring back up to the apartment. Starting the engine of his trike, John was continuing to grin, his own mouth matching the sign that Luna had imparted to him. With a gentle twist of the throttle, Chaplain slowly pulled away, giving one final glance to Sasha's window.

Closed Thread