Ended
Watch

Halloween 2012: The Avalon

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

The Avalon caters to the mainstream; the Asylum plays to darker fantasies and the Reverence is expected to impress the dedicated Halloween'er.

Club Avalon: a staple of Sacramento for almost two decades, is where the DJ fills the dance floor and the bartenders fill glasses.

The dance floor is already filling as the DJ works his slick beats. The upper level balconies, draped with black cloth and clusters of plastic skulls, are already beginning to attract those with the additional wealth to take part in the extra luxury to be found up there.

The lights are dimmed and cotton pulls for spiderwebs are everywhere. Jack-o-lanterns litter every available space and plastic bats and skeletons hang from the ceiling. Granted, it's cheesy, but the costumed guests are always intended to be the real scenery.

Tonight, celebrating Halloween and the promise of a couple of free drinks guarantees a good crowd. The doorman filters out those that aren't in costume - although more than one pretty lady in a short skirt finds herself let through as a 'hooker.'

Upon entering, a wristband is given, giving access to the club as costumed door attendants hole punch a ticket to qualify the party goer for the two free drinks.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West was itchy. Not in the "full of adrenaline need to do something" way, but in the honest-to-goodness "my skin is crawling and I need to scratch" way.

It was his ears.

The padded uniform that resembled armor, he wore like second skin. He'd spent enough time in BDUs or DCUs or ACUs or whatever the hell they were calling them now and kevlar that it felt comfortable and natural. If anything, it made him feel like something was missing -- a rucksack.

The helmet was entirely different. Even though it had ear holes fashioned, everything sounded muffled and hollow -- and itchy. The Acanthus could swear the sweat running down his ears was doing a Temporal Stutter of it's own. He resisted the urge to pull off the helmet and scratch. For one, he liked the costume, and for the other, he really liked being able to be taciturn and have half of his face hidden. It wasn't quite as personally funny as his previous costume, but it kind of fit, and his protests to Vaeltia at the idea had been more for the sake of form than anything else.

He gave a very Dredd-esque frown as the door attendant struggled to wrap the wristband around the thick gauntlet, and followed Judge Anderson into the club proper.

"I'm going to check this establishment's liquor license."

OK, that sounded funnier in my head.

"Want anything?"
    Nimbus

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

It was a great idea.

And all the trouble was worth it. All the pestering and constant reminders and questions. Hell, even the possibly illegal sneaky back door methods she used to get the information to pull the costumes together were totally worth it. The movie was awesome, she was a nerd and proudly displaying her nerdliness on her sleeves and with her and her master’s costume.

Besides it fit just too well at times. And West could make all the frown-y faces he wanted to -- Total plus. Of course it was either this or giving the Acanthus cornrows, at least he had chosen wisely. She just had to force the bouncing fangirl excitement down and adopt a more serious “On the Job” attitude.

Thankfully it wasn’t too hard anymore, but there was something about wearing a legitimate Judge badge on her chest. “You sure you wouldn’t rather leave that task to a real cop?” Vaeltia asked as she decided to let him lead the way over to the Bar.

There was a few interesting memories she pulled out of her memory about this bar. “A....White...Russian, I think that’s what he called it.” She replied before she noticed the painting above the bar.

Her Painting.

Now that was a shock.

I guess he liked it then.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"Real cop like ATF?" West asked. He was on a roll tonight for funnies.

"Corona!"

It came out louder than he intended, as he yelled at the bartender. He was adjusting to the dulled sounds he heard through the helmet, and automatically compensating.

"Uh... and a White Russian,"
    he added in a subdued tone, lips compressing in a slight frown at himself.

He turned back toward Vaeltia, leaning an arm on the bar like a sheriff in an old saloon.

"White Russian's a pain to make. Bartenders remember you, because of that. You ever want to keep a low profile, you need to find something simple that everyone orders."

Always on the job.
    Nimbus

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

If you want I can make some calls and get someone with a badge in here....” Vaeltia said taking a few steps closer to the Judge.

Come on Dredd, give a trainee a little break.” she waited a half moment, then grinned, “Yes, Sir, noted. Any suggestions then? Aside from a Corona that is.

She paused for a moment, pondered throwing a salute at him, but considering his background he might just find that insulting. Instead she took in what she had assumed correctly to be the perfect costume for the hardline Arrow, and a smile drifted across her face.

It really is the perfect costume.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

Angel of Darkness
    M

http://nwod.org/forum/attachment.php...5469[/url] Erich stood outside Avalon waiting for Daniella Sage . He had stumbled upon the movie Chicago earlier this week while watching TV. Inspired by the character Billy Flynn he scoured the internet for a taylor that could do the work cheap and fast. He had had one of his older, slightly worn 3 piece suits "Bedazzled" with sequins in the stripes. The work was remarkably simple, and in no time he had a "Razzle Dazzle" costume. Parting his hair and slicking it back, he was a dead ringer. A pleasant smile on his face, he waited patiently for Miss Sage to arrive.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Erich didn’t have long to wait as Daniella walked up to him. Her hair was freshly cut and curled, the white standing out against her dark hair. But her costume was the show piece. It was a vintage dress she had found one evening while shopping, and it only needed a few minor alterations and some new beading. She paired the black slinky dress with a pair of fishnets and modest heels, and of course long pearl necklaces. The red lipstick was a new look for her, but she was playing up the look this evening.

Her Beast bared its teeth as she approached Erich, wanting to tear apart the weaker Beast and show its dominance. Smiling, she tucks it away, “Good evening Mister Passions! I must say, that is quite the costume.” the smell of Japanese Cherry Blossom can be detected as she gets closer.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich's small grin that seems to be permanently glued to his face, stretched into a broad genuine smile upon seeing Daniella's approach. "Miss Sage, you look positively divine." Once she had reached him, he reaches inside his jacket and pulls out a small rectangular black box. "My you smell lovely. When you told me you were going to be a flapper I thought I might contribute to your costume. Pearls being all the rage then.. He opens the box to show her what's inside.

"It's nothing spectacular I know, but I thought this might go well with your costume.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Getting through the door wasn't a problem, Morgan knew how to get into bars. Plus, the bouncer at the door was a fan of the movie series. Go figure, but it meant the group Morgan had found and tagged along with in matching outfits got in without much fuss. Though his question of "are you doing your part?" would have been fine if not for the slap on her shoulder. The guy was big.

Morgan shifted the strap on her helmet again, trying to make sure it stayed in place correctly. On the plus side, the outfit made sure people driving would see her. Though people asking her "would you like to know more?" constantly was getting a little old, but at $50 the outfit had been actually cheap. Her parkour buddy Kevin has had an uncle in the props resale business down in LA. Somehow this meant Kevin ended up with a few of the solider uniforms from that Starship Troopers film, or the ones that'd been reused in other productions at least. Kevin had been selling them off for some side money, but Morgan got it at a massively reduced price. The discount was to settle a bet with her and while Morgan didn't exactly like the costume it was a high quality outfit.

Glad that the 'armor' is plastic, metal'd probably chafe. Eh-at least the jumpsuit is comfortable. Morgan went over to the bar to get one of her free drinks. Waving to the bar tender she decided to play up the part a little, "Hello citizen! A rum and coke if you please.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniellas smile widened, "Thank you! I wasn't sure if the black would work or not, but sounds like I made the right choice." she adds, beaming with confidence. "I don't usually wear any perfume, but I thought it would be something different for the evening." she then raised a curious eyebrow as he pulled out the box, and wasn't sure what to expect. This was certainly something new, but her eyes wieden as he opens the box, "Oh my, they are beautiful! That was very thoughtful of you, thank you!" she exclaimed. Her eyes looked to Erich, "Think you could help me put them on?" she asked, not sure if they would slide on or if they needed to be clasped.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread