Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Halloween 2012: The Reverence

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    S
    Sasha

L’aire looked around the club, she did see a few faces she thought were at the street dance. But it was hard to tell as the club was dark. People walking in costumes, someone with a bird man something or other mask, others in goth gear cause it was now ‘okay’ on Halloween to look like a freak.

Maybe he changed his mind? Or he’s not here yet. These thoughts were precisely why she brought Perry with tonight.

“Old Fashioned Gothic Halloween? It’s most Halloween Macabre or whatnot?” The Fairest chuckled to her friend and looked around again. “Uh, maybe? It’s kinda dark and what not, hard to tell looking deeper into the club.”

The Fairest saw the guy bump into Perry and had the same no worries expression. It happened, clubs were packed, it was dimly lit she couldn’t really blame the guy. After the Fairest…Lawyer politely said no problem she said. “Well, in the meantime I guess we look for something to drink.”

Realizing her coat was still on, the Dancer laughed a little. “Maybe I should have left my coat in the car, but oh well. I’ll put it somewhere when we find a table or something.” In a quick motion, she unbuttoned the coat, then slipped her arms out one sleeve at a time. Neatly folding it together, L’aire set it over her arm. “Did you know this was a goth club?” The Fairest laughed. “Or were you just that set on being a Jedi?” Shaking her head. Honestly, she didn’t care, L’aire just liked to chide Perry.

The Costume

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Size: 6
    Health: 9
    Gauru

Size: 7
    Health: 11
    Urshul

Size: 6
    Health: 8

PRE

Chaplain paused mid-track as he witnessed Sasha remove her coat to reveal her outfit, and even though he wouldn't claim to be a massive movie goer, there was no-one alive who didn't recognise Princess Leia at first blush.

And blush he did. Luckily, a majority of John's face was hidden behind the Horus mask, and swiftly regaining his composure, the Ithaeur continued towards L'aire and her mystery man.

"Good evening, Sasha," he said, his smile visible below the mask as his blue eyes locked onto her violet orbs. His hands gripped the fake staff with both hands, unsure whether he should hug her or not.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara turns to Chris as he approaches. It still annoyed her that some Kindred chose to hide themselves as if they were Kin; yet she did not judge anyone. She carried the strength of her blood proudly, and let others do so as they wished.

She smiles welcomingly, returning the polite bow of the head to Chris.* Good evening, Mr Wooding. And thank you, I'm glad you like it. It took me some time to decide on an outfit. And may I say, you certainly look... imposing, tonight.

*Her smile perks up ever so slightly, her critique obviously meant as a compliment. She nods her head at his question, continuing in her usual soft voice.* I am doing well enough tonight; I'm eager to see where this evening leads. I'm still getting used to the idea of an American Halloween; but I believe I'm getting the hang of it.

And my congratulations on your recent promotion; I do not believe I have had the chance to speak with you since it was announced...
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Perry diCarto

diCarto looked around, stepping in a bit with L'aire as she suggested a drink. "Absolutely. I need a stiff drink -- you?" It was a trap. He secretly hoped that L'aire liked Cosmopolitans. Then he could have one too. "Doesn't look too packed yet, a table shouldn't be too hard to find," he said, looking around for one as she removed her coat.

"I totally knew, but I didn't care," Perry said with a chuckle. "I did want to be a Jedi. The Force was strong in me this particular evening. But I wore black -- that's kind of Gothic, isn't it?" Tongue out slightly.

And then a man with a staff came and greeted Sasha -- and Perry smiled politely, then looked to his friend, as if for confirmation. Is it...?

His Mantle began to whisper slightly, audible only to him and L'aire as the two Lost in the house. Maybe it sensed the possibility of Desire and wanted to stoke it.

R
    Ryan Deshane

"Damn... no slave Leia." Digger says shaking his head while waiting for his beer to show up.

D
    Decibelle

There was a bit of silence when the newest arrival made its way in, a few glances at the costume that was just a touch too creepy for Halloween - and also a touch awkward, as well. Silent and looming, the first, and most noticeable feature was its face - or rather, lack of one. It was hard to tell in the flickering light, but the man's features seemed to be obscured by flickering shadows of the candlelight - though closer inspection would reveal it to be a mixture of black, loose fabric, makeup, and the occasional streak of facepaint. The material occasionally shifted with the movement, layered and pinned under a short black wig, close-cropped. Occasionally, however, there was a glimpse of the lower face, chiseled, slightly stubbled, and, with just the right amount of paint, it looked... contrasting. Even angular. As if the shadows were wrong.

Then, of course, there was the rest of the outfit - a man's simple shirt and pants, flat-chested, and well-built. Imposing, in fact, and fairly tough. The only alternation from the deep black was the simple clerical collar around the man's neck, or the glint of rosary beads around his wrist. To the onlookers? It was a good costume, and certainly different, more than creepy enough for Halloween.
    But a certain sub-set of the part knows exactly who the costume is meant to be.

It took a brave man to enter a room dressed in such a way.
    Like a silent figure, he moved, watching the crowd part. It was interesting to watch them avoid the darkness, as if some instinctive fear made them retreat from a figure whose movements were so imposing. He found it amusing, however, to watch the dancing briefly halt as a shadow passed over. Eventually, however, it drew beside Digger at the bar, still and silent - before turning to the bartender.
    The movement was unexpected. Like something remarkably cold and unexpected. He couldn't decide what that would be.
    "Water, please." There was no need to indulge such baseless pleasures as alcohol, of course, because... he didn't know. Something. Something religious and wanky. Briefly, he turned toward Digger, next to him - the movement a sudden, stark shift - before taking the glass of water as it was given, cradling it in his hands.

"Happy Halloween." The man's voice was as cold and still as the ice water in his hands.

Ooh, that was a great one.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris gives Ciara a thankful nod. He reacts to the thing that surprises him. 'American Halloween as opposed to... Europe? Where I believe they have left out the whole "trick or treat" part, right?' From his Acolyte way of thinking, he would appreciate the non-commercial part of All Hallow's Eve.

'And... thank you.' He nods again, not entirely able to hide his boyish grin. 'It was a most unexpected promotion, and I don't think I have really spoken with anyone about it yet. I hope I can continue my predecessor's good work... it is strange he left so suddenly.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

S
    Sasha

“Ah, I’m gonna wait with the stiff drink for a bit. But by all means, go ahead. I could go for a bottle of water or something?” The violet eyed Fairest glanced in the direction of the bar.

“The Force is strong with you huh?” The Dancer saw his tongue and knitted her brows in a blithe way. “Yeah, Luke is totally Gothic. Jedi, Force, Darkside… I get it.” Laughing a little at the logic of the Fairest… Lawyer. Rolling her eyes and shaking her head. “So I’m the sore thumb in the goth bar… greaaaat.”

And then, the guy dressed in the bird masked kilt costume approached them. The Fairest wasn’t entirely sure what he wanted then….she saw a familiar smile and heard a familiar voice. Beneath the mask, it had to have been John as she looked back into his eyes. And then the butterflies started and everything stopped for a moment. That’s just great when Perry’s here. With his arms on the staff, she recognized the scars and knew it was him. Seeing the Fairest Drow’s expression she gave a quick nod, grinning ear to ear.

“Hello John.” Smiling up to the mask that hid the rest of his face. Stepping toward him her hand ran over his shoulder in a way she’d done on previous nights. “Your costume is amazing.” Reaching to the Ankh on John's chest and swirling her finger around the loop a second.

Then L'aire realized she wasn’t particularly alone that night. Pivoting slightly, she remained next to John, “Sorry. John, this is my friend Perry.” Extending her hand in the direction of the Jedi. “He’s a…” There was a flash of ‘help me out here’ to Perry from L’aire’s expression. Attorney… lawyer… not-straight.

R
    Ryan Deshane

Digger isn't at the bar. Dale went to the bar to get him a beer.

I'm going to assume you meant to approach the other bearded heathen at the bar, Skaald!

Skaald glances over as the enshrouded newcomer approaches the bar. Something about the figure made his hackles rise and he has to stop himself from using his new trick to get a better scent. Mustn't due that in public. Besides, it's probably just a good costume. You're here for a fun night out. Stop being paranoid. The norseman quirks an eyebrow over his patched eye and pulls down the brim of his floppy hat slightly. It isn't paranoia if you're right.

When the newcomer suddenly moves to look at him and speaks Skaald involuntarily leans back a fraction of an inch. This triggers something in the predator's posturing part of the brain and he responds in kind. He stares at the shadowed figure, his single, intense eye peering at it's face like an awl trying to pierce the darkness through sheer presence. He smiles, or at least that's what it's supposed to look like, but in truth he bears his teeth. "Góð Vetrnótt"

rough translation

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread