Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

It's Nine O'Clock on a Saturday

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

The Manticoress placed her order for a drink; studying the others for a moment as she waited for her bourbon to arrive. Perhaps it was a good idea to test the waters before making a decision to sit at the bar or move to a far table.

"Is this a private gathering? If so, I apologize for intruding and I will leave."
    Warren Locke , Violet LeBlanc

K
    Kazakin

Rook gave a slight shrug, moving towards the bar. It wasn't a bad thing, nostalgia - he had moments of it himself. It was just that everyone seemed to get nostalgic for Piano Man. After a while, it was tiresome.

"If you must ask for another piano joke, can I suggest the theme from the Piano? The Heart Asks Pleasure First is an excellent composition. Not enough people ask for it, so I still enjoy playing it,"
    the Metalflesh said lightly. "And it's always been a favourite of mine. As for drinks, of course you can. I drink Scotch."

He'd been taught to appreciate it by the love of his life. He would always drink Scotch.

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Protean • (Down in Elysium)
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good Looks)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

Locke is barely aware of the goings-on with Violet to watch. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he notes that Terri is being her friendly self and helping out the.... mountain. Rook has stopped playing. more people are at the bar.

It is all merely filed away. Not forgotten, just... secondary.

As the tumbler of Sunshine is produced, and Locke nods his thanks to Sam, the great, green hand slides it toward Violet approximately ten centimeters. "You are free to sample mine before I start in on it. If you so wish.

"Familiar is an interesting word,"
    he says of the question on Ireland. "I would say that I was, once upon a time. But I spent a great deal of time away, and upon my return it began to feel alien to me.

"So I have made my home in America for many years now."

Something about the way she repeats the words warm, strong, and unflinching makes the Ogre's mind pause. Rewind. Reexamine.

Ah, yes.

"Anything else you admire those qualities in?" The pitch of his voice lifts just slightly. A half-step. Still deep, but a simulacrum of innocence. It is accompanied by a very rare smirk, which Locke nearly hides by looking to the creature who speaks to them.

"The more the merrier," he lies. No offense meant to the fellow, but asking him to give them some space would likely lose points for Locke. That is the only reason he is welcoming. But, he supposes it is for the best, as he can meet more of the Freehold, and facilitate others doing the same. "I am Warren Locke, and the immeasurably stunning lady here is Miss Violet LeBlanc."

Perry diCarto

Perry moved up next to Rook at the bar and said merrily, "The Heart Asks Pleasure First sounds good to me," he said, deferring to the Red Victor's expertise. Rook wasn't here to be his personal stereo, and he was always open to new tunes... especially if the pianist enjoyed playing them.

When the bartender was available, he said, "Sam, could we get two scotches, please --" He looked to Rook for a moment. "Any preferences?"

If he was going to indulge the Elemental's desire for scotch, the least he could do after requesting Piano Man would be to get him a good one.

Violet looked at the low glass with mock scrutiny. Shrugging with a grin. “Pourquoi pas? Her French intonation made a definite what the hell type tone. She set her own martini stem down and picked up Locke’s glass. Sipping it slowly since he mentioned it was strong. As soon as it hit her tongue her eyes lit up. Mon dieu! That's magnifique. It was clear she enjoyed the liquid Sunshine. “My compliments.” Nodding in Sam’s direction, knowing it would get back to Mrs. Rosemary. As she breathed a pleasured sigh, the smell of rare flowers permeated the area.

The Fairest Flowering returned to relaxed and her beautiful eyes held the Ogre’s attention. Or perhaps her attention was on the Ogre, she could have been just a little hopeful. “That is too bad Monsieur Locke. C'est la vie, no? We have all had a great many things to endure.” Despite the Nightsinger’s own time in Arcadia, she knew others had it very very difficult, even upon returning.

“Those quantities are also true in spirits, café and a few other areas…” A brow rose with a smirk on her lips before sipping her martini again. The Autumn Ogre was quite fascinating so far, and intriguing for the woman of Spring.

“That I am.” Violet flashed a grin to the one who came upon them. Holding out her hand and motioning she said in a lively manner. “Join us s'il vous plait!”

Juno smiled slightly right, I'm thinking he's thinking that I'm another guy and here to compete with him as she replied.

"Hello, I am pleased to meet you. My name is Juno. I don't see many new faces that often."

Inwardly she winced, knowing that she would probably have to say something post-introduction to reduce the confusion over her gender.

"Thank you, Miss LeBlanc. I appreciate the invitation."

Her wavering smile did brighten a bit more at the French-speaking woman's invitation. The Mantle was so strong as to be intriguing, and Juno wondered if her own Mantle was even noticeable in comparison.

K
    Kazakin

"Whatever you'd like to order. I'm not picky," Rook said pleasantly, leaning on the bar. He wasn't about to set a price range. That would have been rude, and there was a great deal of difference between allowing someone to buy him a Scotch, and asking that they buy him something from the top shelf.

The Metalflesh would never have presumed to demand a drink like that.

"It's one of my favourite pieces, actually. It's very... emotive. Good memories."

It was strange for an Elemental to say that, but Rook could remember that he'd probably felt good for the first time when he'd clumsily been trying to regain his ability to play this piece. It would always remain very, very close to his heart.

Even if it was bittersweet, and tied up with his memories of Laura.

C
    Cherry

The door to the bar swings open a little too fast and produces a thud, revealing Leon stood there in a black jacket and jeans. He knew that the door made too much noise but he didn't show any care as he sauntered in scanning the room before finding a place at the end of the bar.

People, lots of people, or at least to him it was. Not many people knew who leon was what with his secluded life but he still manages to turn head as he walks in, mostly by accident. Leon wasn't used to bars, he was too used to being alone and didn't really know what to do at a bar, but he knew they sold booze.

As the barman approached he let out a snap without realising, "Beer" he said pointing at the counter before beginning to scratch at the table, it looks seemingly meaningless but it was his way of being shy or nervous.

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Protean • (Down in Elysium)
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good Looks)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

Now, the vast majority of Locke's repertoire of French words and phrases are, like that one, fairly common. Or fall under the slang definition of French...

Nevertheless, he is able to follow the bits of Violet's speech that he does not understand, if by virtue of tone more than anything else. "I have become something of a fan. Missus Rosemary's cooking is just as impressive. It is a wonder that anyone in this freehold is in any shape but round."

The rare lame joke. Locke must be feeling spry tonight.

And it is not quite... uncomfortable, the way Locke twitches his mouth into what passes as a humorless grin, and nods slightly in response to Violet's statement on what they have all endured. The greatest thing he had to endure was his Keeper stripping him of the power and ability he had gained in service to her because of her own damnable jealousy.

What others called torture, he had been taught was a training exercise. It had taken a very long time before he realized that how negatively others view that ideal.

So if anything, the reaction is a bit of a guilty one. But he does not let the sensation linger, and drag down the conversation's mood.

"Other areas," he echoes dryly, before taking a measured drink of the Sunshine. Is it right where Violet's lips touched the glass? Possibly. Who can tell?

"Pleasure to meet you, ah, Juno," Locke wonders if that is only name the fellow goes by, or if there is more. But he decides not to voice the question. "You say that like you have been around here a while. I have only been in Sacramento a few months, myself."

And I am no more or less regarded now than when I arrived. Pathetic, really.

He watches the fidgety new arrival with a frown, but honestly, the expression is so close to his default stoic and placid look that it will probably be hard for most to catch. Easier to see: his fierce yellow eyes tracking the movement.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

As Terri and Green ( Yumyumcrow ) re-enter the bar, the Autumn Queen is smiling, glad that another changeling has found sanctuary in the Freehold. "Feeling alright, Green? Wanna meet some more folk?" she asked with a smile to the Elemental. Looking around, she spotted Juno having arrived, and grinned, glad to see her old friend out and about. She also spotted an Ogre she didn't recognise, and wondered if she would be taking another trip to Mr. Bates' office.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Page 4 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.