Ended
Watch

It's Nine O'Clock on a Saturday

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 13 of 13 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
    K
    Kazakin

Rook glanced up at the bar, his anger at his failure still crackling across his steel features. He watched Perry leave, his fingers moving across the keys. Change the song - nice, smooth and-

And then another mechanical discord, and his temper and pride flared like fire. He couldn't play worth a damn tonight, the Wyrd and the Board battered against the core of his self, until he couldn't find the notes and the numbness of steel took command of him.

His teeth clicked together as he fought it. Fought, and fought, and fought until the music came clean again, soft, subtle notes that echoed through the bar.

This would be the last song for tonight. He was too frustrated. If he kept playing, he might well end up losing control and damaging the instrument by pressing down too hard with his rigid fingers.

After this, he was going to find Anya and spar with with her until he bled.

Failure, rerolled for one success... the Metalflesh is having a bad day
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-05 11:54:41 Rook rolls 7 to Curse you, elements 6, 6, 6, 3, 8, 7, 3 1 success
    2012-12-05 11:54:22 Rook rolls 8 to Switching up the music 2, 5, 2, 2, 1, 3, 2, 7 failure

It had been a good long while since the Manticoress actually thought about why she was affiliated with Spring, rather than the what had gone wrong over the past few years. It was a question that took Juno by complete surprise and for a moment she wasn't sure she had an answer.

"Music carries a resonance, and to be honest I have been through some...darker...moments. When I listen to certain genres of metal, for example, during those moments I feel that somebody does indeed understand that I'm not perfect, that I do feel isolated at times, sad, and dare I say it, somehow having lost my place on the same sheet of music as everyone else."

Juno paused for a moment, then, "What brought me to embracing a certain Passion was the fact that I learned about having a talent for art and it gave me an outlet in an environment where certain other forms of prowess - physical ones, though I can hold my own quite well - were far more appreciated. I even had other Passions to compliment my enjoyment of creating new things, but part of me wonders if the inspiration well as it pertains to my own....sense of satisfaction hasn't started to run dry. Being paid to create is one thing, not being sure of what needs to be created for the self is quite another.

The past few years have been a time of questioning."

Dillon Connery
    Ixidor
    Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Potency •••••
    Protean • (Down in Elysium)
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good Looks)
    Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••
    IXIDOR
    Adrian Isaacs

Gnosis ••
    Presence •••• (Center of Attention)
    Striking •• (Eccentric)
    Fame ••• (Guitar Hero)
    Silver Ladder ••
    Sacramento ••

PRE

Whatever Locke's response had planned on being was derailed by two words from Violet to Juno.

Madam Mantiserra.

You must be joking.

Where most people might blink, or frown, or visibly react at all, the Witchtooth simply watches the conversation, allowing for it to reach a pause where he can inject his answer. "Ah, it was a wonder to behold. I do not have the most expansive mental catalog of music, but when I hear something I like, I most certainly know it.

"It was exceptional. Insightful. Creative to the point of ingenious. It was..."

It was the night I met L'aire.

What?

"...good. It was very good. I am sorry you both had to miss it."

As for how to explain his 'affiliations' - by which he assumes she means his Court - and in mixed company with humans? He can only shrug one massive shoulder. Which is hardly an inch of movement; if you are not watching him, you might miss it. But for him, the action is fairly animated. As is the slight tightness at the corner of his mouth, threatening to smile. "Ask me about my affiliations again sometime, and I will have an answer for you."

Violet listened as Juno discussed her impression of music. The Nightsinger knew pricesly what the opposite Fairest was speaking of. “It sounds as if something has changed, no?” The Spring Fairest wasn’t blind to see what was going on. Waving a finger in the air she shook her head. “No one is perfect, as imperfections can be that thing that makes something beautiful.”

The delicate hands of the Flowering made a rolling motion in front of her. “Art, as we keep discussing does not just find it’s Passion in one area.” Her finger lightly touched the air as she made her point. Continuing in her beautiful French accent she gently grinned. “Sometimes that art changes and grows with us or even changes us. Sometimes we change the art and mold it into something more suitable for the time. And when we embrace it, it is more satisfying while we let our mood take its course.” The Spring Fairest tried to explain while upholding the graces of what they fought to protect. Sometimes difficult in a public setting, but hopefully she got her point across.

“Nonsense! Just because you do not have a wide knowledge of music, does not mean that you are not entitled to your opinion.” Smiling with dazzling eyes to the Witchtooth.

“Music to be called insightful is rather rare in this day and age.” The Nightsinger winked. “I’m pleased it brought you such delight. Quite right that it’s a shame I missed such an event. I certainly hope they’ll be more of the same soon.”

Touching the Autumn Ogre's hand lightly, she titled her head toward him. "And I most certainly would enjoy hearing such at a later date, Monsieur Locke."

ooc

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green stands alone, drink in hand. Terri has disappeared and the lawyer, Perry, has left. There is another conversation going on, but he doesn't think it wise to intrude. The mountain finishes his drink, nods to the bar and wends his clumsy way out of the bar.

Green exits the scene

K
    Kazakin

Rook finished his piece and closed the lid on the piano keys, with overly careful hands. He had to concentrate harder than usual, because with the difficulties he had been having, he was not entirely sure that he wouldn't inadvertently pull the lid clean off its hinges.

And he wasn't about to have to explain to Mr. Bates what had happened. For a start, he didn't earn enough to pay for a brand new piano.

Instead, he slid his hands into his pockets with a care that was almost ridiculously delicate, before he headed for the door. He didn't want to accidentally touch someone and cause them harm.

Beneath his mask, he blazed like a torch as he planned the fight that would come. Anya would understand why he needed the combat, why he needed to strive and to feel damage. Sometimes, when the day was as bad as this, only bleeding could make him remember the sensitivity of flesh, rather than the cold numbness of steel.

Rook leaves the scene

Juno's attention didn't swerve as she listened to the other Fairest, and on so many different levels she understood what was being said. She was tired of the direction her life was taking, but the changes required were something she had to accomplish for herself. The trick would be to find that activity or concept that could return meaning to her life.

"I....think I understand what you're saying. The curtain falls, and it rises."

Juno's phone vibrated in her pocket and she frowned slightly when she saw the number. She had forgotten to return a call she had promised some hours ago before she had left the studio.

"I have to call it an evening, it seems like. It was truly a pleasure to meet you Miss Violet, Mr. Locke? I hope that we can resume this conversation in the future."

The Manticoress smiled at them, then "A pleasant evening to you both. It was quite enjoyable."

Pausing a moment to gather her things, Juno made her way to the exit.
    OOC

Page 13 of 13 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.