Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
The Spiral XI

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

April offered him a coy smile. "Yeah, I'm sorry I've been so busy lately," she said in response to his words. "There's this Halloween party coming up...so if you don't mind hanging out with a college kid..." she let her words trail off, reaching for her glass and taking a sip from her drink, giving him a teasing look.

When the agent mentioned the name of the Stalker's latest victim, the girl just shook her head. "No, I've never heard of him before," she said to him, setting her glass down in front of her. "His family must be devastated though."

Glad to abandon the morbid discussion, Lynx focused on the party invitation. "A Halloween party? Well sure, I've got no other plans for it. Hell, that'd get my mind off work at least. And so long as you're there I won't feel silly crashing a college party. Is it a costume party?" If it were he'd have to figure out what to wear.

April smiled at Lynx's response to her invite. "Of course its a costume party!" she called out, letting out a soft chuckle. "I think all Halloween parties are..." she let her words trail off, giving the agent a quick wink.

She reached for her glass once more, taking another sip from her drink. "Well, then I'll see yo there. Its being held at this warehouse that was recently renovated," said April, giving Lynx a couple of more details about the event. "I think a new club is gonna be opened up there sometime next year, but the owners rented out the space for Halloween night."

After those words, April took another sip from her drink before adding, "I've already got my costume picked out, but I won't tell you what it is." A smirk formed on the corner of her lips after saying those words. "Much better if its a surprise, don't you think?"

"Ah yeah, I guess you're right. It's hard to tell for me, I don't go to a whole lot of parties." Idiot, why'd you tell her that?

Lynx gulped down more beer after April reached for her drink. "Huh, a warehouse. That sounds sorta shady, but I guess that's what Halloween is all about. So you're not going to tell me, eh? I don't mind surprises, at least in this case. Hell, even my own costume is going to be a surprise, soon as I figure out what it is." His smile matched hers for a moment and then went bland again as he took another gulp of beer.

April let out a soft chuckle at his words, shaking her head slightly. "Then I have to make sure you get out more often," she said to him in a teasing tone, giving him a little wink.

"No, its not like that! The place has been renovated, and the people that bought it are going to turn it into a club of some sort," she explained to the agent, sipping on her drink once more. As she set her glass down, April laughed at Lynx's words. "So your costume is a surprise even to yourself, huh?" A smirk formed on the corner of her lips as she awaited for his answer.

"Ah, yeah...well I haven't thought about it much. I only just realized I had to get one," he chuckles along with her, this young sassy girl he'd come to know and be at ease around. "So is your surprise the kind I can unwrap?" he ventured, his smile and tone becoming emboldened by her teasing gestures.

Hmm, maybe I should have another beer before making those kind of propositions...

"Ahh, that's fair I guess," she said in response to his words, taking another sip of vodka. "Well, I hope you find something that suits you!" April gave him a sweet smile, her mood much improved by this point. Talking about this Halloween party had certainly raised her spirits, or perhaps it was the vodka...or maybe just the fact that they were no longer talking about their missing friend. At Lynx's next words, a devious little smirk formed on her lips as she leaned into him to whisper.

"Well, that depends cowboy," she whispered to him, returning to her original spot as she gave him a flirtatious wink. "Besides, it wouldn't be too much of a surprise if I told you, would it?"

Lynx stretched his collar with an index finger as he felt his heart beat faster. "Ah right, seems like you're full of surprises tonight, April." Was the cowboy remark a hint maybe or was she just being playful? For some reason he was having this role play fantasy in his head of an adult version of cowboys and indians. Nah, didn't seem like her style.

He cleared his throat and raises his hand to signal the Old Man again, "Another beer, sir," and slid his empty bottle forward to be collected. Seems like a topic change was due, unless he felt like sharing his little fantasy with her. No, not going to happen. "So, uhh, what do you plan to do once you get out of college, April? Is there a lot of work around here for a Master's graduate?" Damn, why do I always fall back on work-related topics?

I
    Irina

With a traditional stout nod, the Old Man collected the bottle, tossed it into the barrel with a loud clatter, and handed Jaeger another bottle. Business was pretty good that evening.

The current Spiral will close in three days.

April let out a soft chuckle, flashing Lynx a quick grin. "Well, surprises keep people on their toes, right?" she said, giving him another wink. Perhaps her playful mood was partly due to the fact that all the vodka she had drank so far was starting to get to her head. While she wasn't drunk per se, April was definitely feeling a little tipsy by this point.

"What do I plan on doing? Hmm, not exactly sure to be honest," she admitted to the agent, giving him a little shrug. "Who knows? Maybe I'll become a private eye or something..." she let her words trail off, pausing for a moment before laughing again. "You know, as funny as it sounds, it may not be a bad idea. Actually, I could maybe do that now, since I'm still looking for part-time work," said April, actually considering what she had said as a viable option for paying work.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.