Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
The Spiral XI

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    I
    Irina

Behind the bar the Old Man continued to serve a couple of other patrons, but for the most part it was quiet inside the bar. To off-set the semi-silence, he stepped to the back counter to turn on the old radio there. It was not used often during opening hours, and he tended only to switch it on as he tided up each night before he left the bar.

Naturally, being that it was the Old Man, it was tuned to some news channel as opposed to anything that played music, modern or otherwise. It was not turned up very high, and was really only there to create some slight background noise to the various conversations going on.

You may roll Perception to overhear what's on the radio.

April laughed a bit, trying to not think the worst of the situation. She offered Lynx a smile, a grateful gesture for his efforts in lightening up the mood of their conversation. "Thank you," she said to him, reaching for her vodka tonic and raising it up to her lips.

"Its alright," said April after taking a sip from her drink. "I figured you were busy at work, especially with Derevko not being around." She took another sip from her glass and then set it down. "I've been tied up with schoolwork and what not."

1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-21 21:23:28 April Davenport rolls 7 to Perception to overhear the radio (10 Again) 6, 1, 9, 6, 7, 6, 3 1 success

"Well Derevko always said you were the smart one, and you figured right. So what's schoolwork like for you these days? I guess around this time the semester would be in full swing," Lynx says to April. There were lots of other places a young student like April could go to if she wanted to go out for drinks. Probably places with people her own age and with similar interests. Lynx wondered what exactly made her come back here so often, whether it was to get away from the pressure of school or even if it was to see him...
      Perception, 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-22 00:06:35 Lynx rolls 6 to catch what's on the radio [Wits+Comp] (10 Again) 3, 4, 2, 9, 5, 4 1 success

x
    xohgr

Evan pulls his handy dandy cell phone from his jacket pocket and starts flicking through different screens idly. Kinda dead in here today. I don't want to interupt these two in their private moment. I wish there was a radio or something. Then Evan watches the old man move toward the radio. Huh,how about that? Evan strains to hear whats on.

1 Sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-22 13:37:15 Evan Dorn rolls 5 to 5 to hear whats on radio (10 Again) 9, 3, 7, 6, 4 1 success

I
    Irina

As April and Jaeger converse, and Evan enjoyed his drink, the sound of a newscasters voice filters over the radio waves, moving from being simple background sound to something they can actually take notice of.

"--tank was found in Z-berg park. In other news, in the continuing mystery of the Sacramento Stalker, another body has been discovered. Identified as Brandon Ford, aged twenty-six from Sacramento, Mr. Ford was the third person to be reported missing on the 24th of April. More information will be reported as it comes.

"In other news--."

April smiled at his words, even though the mention of the scarred agent brought on some sad feelings. Sure, he was an asshole to most people, but Derevko had always been nice to her. To a certain extent, he reminded her a little of her own father. Perhaps being so far away from home and her own family had made her develop such feelings. Derevko had certainly given her advice on a few different occasions, and even helped with improving her technique that one time at the shooting range. They were the sort of things April's father had done for her when she still lived back in DC, so perhaps it wasn't all that weird that in her eyes the scarred agent was filling that father figure she was currently lacking.

"Yeah, we've got midterms coming up and a bunch of research papers," she said in response to Lynx's question, reaching for her glass once more after giving him a reply. "Things have been busy lately, but I've been able to manage so far." April took a quick sip from her vodka before setting the glass down again. "Asides from that, I've been looking for a part-time job," she said to him with a little shrug as she overheard the radio.

I hope that stalker guy isn't the one who got to Derevko. I can't believe the authorities haven't caught him yet!?!?

"A part-time job, eh? That'll be good for paying those debts off later. Want me to check with DHS, see if they have any paid internship programs? I think usually they require students in a certain field but with Geosciences they might make an exception."

"Barkeep, a beer, please," requests Lynx of the Old Man. He half-listens to the report, remembering how he had heard about the Stalker last month. This was getting out of hand with all these disappearances. He knew there was a private investigator looking into it, that Gideon fellow, but obviously nothing had changed in the police investigation. Kidnapping & probably homicide didn't exactly fall on DHS's plate. FBI would probably handle it.

"You hear anything about that Sacramento Stalker? I saw something in the paper about him last month. Three people missing. I wonder what the police found that connected the disappearances."

x
    xohgr

Evan perks up upon hearing of the stalker. He lets out an audible sigh and shakes his head sadly. Damn serial killers. he thinks. I doupt there is anything remotely supernatural about these cases. Damn. As he considers the matter he takes a sip from his drink and watches fo any reaction from the other two patrons.

"Yeah, and it will keep me busy when I'm not doing schoolwork," she said in response to his words. "Work as an intern at a Federal agency?" April took a pause, reaching for her glass and taking a sip from her vodka. "Could be interesting, but I'm not sure if it would be the right fit for me...but who knows really," she added with a little shrug.

"Well, I've seen a couple of articles on the paper," said April, as the subject changed to that of the serial killer on the loose. "You know, I can't answer that question. I would need to know more specifics about the case." She paused to take another drink. "But maybe they found a pattern or something."

"Yeah, guess it's just wishful thinking on my part. We'd be able to see each other more often," said Lynx, somewhat glumly. "Same here about the case though. I think someone might've recovered some bodies so if there's a pattern it's sure to show up. Anyways, I don't need to tell you to be safe out on the streets."

She was probably packing a gun just as he himself was if he had to guess. She'd proven that she was able to handle herself. "So you've never heard of this guy, Brandon Ford? Shame to die young." Still, better to make it to your late twenties than early at least.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.