Health: 9
    Gauru

Size: 7
    Health: 11
    Urshul

Size: 6
    Health: 8

PRE

Violet eyes scanned the smooth shaven man and the bike. She didn’t see a helmet of his own in his grasp so she shrugged a little and tightly shook her head. “Well, if you aren’t wearing one, I don’t think I need one.” L’aire smiled thinking this was a reasonable conclusion. But she figured it would be easier to attempt speaking to him if that was even possible while riding.

The Dancer didn’t know the difference between machines, only that they looked different. “Alright John, so do I hop on behind you? Is there a seat belt or handles or something?” Her fingertips rolled as if searching for what the restraints could be.

“Where are you going to take us?” Her body language indicated she was eager for this unplanned small adventure.
    "There should be some strap to grip onto. However, you can hold on around my waist if it makes you more comfortable," the chaplain said without any thought of the beautiful woman's arms wrapped around his body. He was just trying to reassure her, after all.

Once Sasha had gotten onto the trike, John twisted the throttle, giving the beast a roar before pulling out of the garage and onto the street.

"Oh, for a little tour of this side of Sacramento, if that's okay with you," John said over his shoulder as they pulled away and turned onto Richards Boulevard, the wind picking up as they increased their speed. "Tell me, Sasha, have you been in the city long?"

S
    Sasha

The Fairest Dancer took a hair elastic out of her pocket and slipped her golden locks quickly into it. She was usually prepared on some level for little things like that. But, something frightful she’d probably never be prepared for. If fate had it out for her, so be it.

“Oh, okay. As long as you don’t mind.” Her response to where to grasp to was quick while L’aire looked at the bike as she got on behind the sweetly handsome man. The Winter Fairest slipped her hands to Chaplain’s waist and for a moment forgot what it was like to be locked in a grasp that didn’t have moment to it. Her body only gently jolted a response when the engine roared and she lightly laughed with ease to it’s sound.

Her hands may have felt awkward, like she didn’t know hot to grasp him or hold on for that matter. The Fairest’s torso didn’t come near his back. And sitting behind him…her legs and thighs were not entirely placed in the right spot. It was clear she’d never ridden with anyone before. “Alright, I think I’m ready.”

There was a wondrous note in her tone as she said. “Oh yeah, a tour would be great. I haven’t seen much of the city… at all. I’ve only been here since hmmm, April, I think?” She tried to remember. “So wherever you’d like to go, would probably be new to me, John.” She tilted her torso to the side and looked at him with an enlightened grin.

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Gauru

Urshul

PRE

"Great! It'll be my pleasure," John said as they headed towards the West Side Highway. However, he made an intention not to cross the river.

The last thing he wanted was to try to explain to Sasha just why they were being chased by crazy wolves.

"Okay, ignoring the rather audacious water treatment plant on the left, we're going to head under the highway and head down by the river. Trust me, the sight is quite impressive."

At least, John thought it was, and one day, he would go swimming in the river without fear of the Pure on the otherside wishing to rip his throat out.

"Just tell me anytime if you want a break from my shouting, Sasha. I'm still new to all this," he chuckled, his chest rising and falling with laughter.

S
    Sasha

As soon as the bike picked up speed, L’aire quickly slipped in closer to John. She wrapped her arms around his waist entirely now. Not to mention it’d be easier to hear him.

The Fairest laughed as he said to disregard the water plant. “I’ll take your word for it. I’m sure I’ll see it and agree soon.” Trust someone I just met…well he is a Chaplain. “Oh, is this the same river that runs through the parks in town? The American river I think is the name?” She quickly recalled as she thought it may be the same river where she stood on the walk bridge on Independence Day. “So have you been around long?”

“No, no you’re fine. Shout away. Still new to what? ” L’aire responded quickly and shrugged her frame a bit, which probably could be felt on his back. She could feel his laugh emanate through his body while he did.

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Trained Observer
    Status (Police) 1
    Dalu

Gauru

Urshul

PRE

"Yes, it is," John replied as they passed under the highway, regarding the river. "It heads south out of the city. We're now going to ride beside it," he added as they took a left onto Jibboom St. Where the road ran under the shadow of the above highway, the trike's throaty roar bounced between the ground and the bridge above, echoing loudly, like a mighty howl.

This was the edge of his territory and Chaplain was killing two birds with one stone, keeping an eye on the boundary.

"I've been around for nine months now, moved down from Colorado Springs where I worked on the army base as a chaplain," John informed Sasha before adding, "I meant the whole tour thing. I've not had the opportunity to do it much, too busy with work and helping Digger with his garage."

Ahead of them, the lights of downtown Sacramento could be seen, and judging by the route they were taking, the pair would be passing through it quite soon.

S
    Sasha

“Well that's interesting. I watched fireworks from a park bridge. Didn’t know where the river actually ran to.” L’aire added to John’s note of where it went. Her eyes flicked here and there in the night, watching the places they passed. Jibbom, weird street name. Thankfully she didn’t sing, from speaking in nearly a shout that would have been detrimental.

The Winter Fairest thought he would have been in town longer. John didn’t give the ‘I’m new here’ vibe that others did, and probably herself. “Nine months? I would have guessed longer.” Her arms made a gentle shrugging motion at his waist.

“Oh!.” L’aire laughed heartily, her body reflecting the deep laugh. “I thought this was your first time with a passenger on your trike.” Her fingers unconsciously tapped John's abdomen while she tried to recall something. “You know I’ve heard someone say all work and no play can make people… something ….something.” Wow, that was pathetic L’aire. “Sorry, my ability to quote stuff, especially at an important moment, goes to the wayside.” And then her chuckle was more apologetic. She may as well be honest. L’aire kinda thought this would be a once in a blue moon thing. Though the Fairest Dancer felt oddly at ease with John. Maybe it was because the conversation wasn’t focused on the condition of the state of Changelings, Arcadia, the Hedge…it was freeing.

…or that was just the feel of the open road on the bike. It was too hard to tell really.

L'aire's shoulder shrugged while asking another question. "Did you travel much in the army, or were you only stateside?" Her voice was curious as she tried to give it emphasis despite being on the open trike.

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Trained Observer
    Status (Police) 1
    Dalu

Gauru

Urshul

PRE

"Oh, well, actually it is," John laughed. "You are my first passenger, er, pillion. I believe that's the correct term."

When Sasha mentioned all work and no play, he chuckled. "Really, there's no need to apologise, I think I understand. I could try and quote the Bible to you all night but there's some really tedious passages, trust me."

There was something about the way Sasha spoke that made John want to impress, want to try and match her lively manner.

Definitely infectious.

"Stateside mainly, counselling returning troops, keeping the morale going of those who would be leaving. The worst days were meeting with the families of those that had died. As you can imagine, very emotional days."

John went quiet as they came to end of Jibboom St, and began to weave through the streets that lead to downtown Sacramento. "What is it you do, Sasha, if you don't mind me asking?"

S
    Sasha

L’aire’s body jerked back in slight disbelief. “Really? I’m your first? John that’s kinda shocking, how long have you had the bike?” Her tone reflected that she was a bit honored to be his first passenger. Yet her face was a little astonished and hopefully buried behind his head enough that he didn't see.

“I’ve heard some people recite passages verbatim.” The Fairest shrugged slightly and continued, though it was a little cautious. She didn’t want to get into something that deep on a first meeting, well, more like a noisy bike ride where she couldn’t see the handsome man’s face. I’ve also heard people recite it and don’t feel like they get the meanings themselves.

The Winter’s inner craving for sorrow crept up slightly. She nearly asked him for a more indepth glimpse to the family’s he spoke with, yet she stopped herself. “Yeah, I can imagine that can be emotional at times.” Her hands shifted as her only thought to her family was her mother; she quickly added to her thoughts. “But as long as you find it rewarding, it's all worth it." There was almost a question in her tone to see if it were true. As much emphasis as one could riding with a heavy motor and a little wind. Hopefully he didn't notice the breath she left with her breath.

“Well I’m a dancer.” L’aire’s hands moved to gesture, like she would when she’d speak. “As much as I’d like to just work whenever I want, I have a schedule for the most part.” There was a sudden frozen movement in her body language. “I’m an instructor at Step One Dance.” Laughing a little to shake off her nerves. “I suppose I should add that.” Okay, so hopefully I saved that possible whoops. Her career had been twisted with words once before. She'd work at McDonald's before that ever happened.

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Trained Observer
    Status (Police) 1
    Dalu

Gauru

Urshul

PRE

OOC

"Oh, barely over two weeks," John said straight faced before vibrating deeply with laughter. "I don't really get a chance to have many people on the back. I'm sorry, I should have said earlier."

As Sasha informed John she was a dancer, the chaplain resisted the temptation....urge to glance around. Which would no doubt explain her lively attitude, John thought. If Digger had known she was a dancer, John was under no illusion this little ride around would be on the back of his bike instead.

"Really, an instructor also? That's amazing," he replied, truly respectful, not only of the fact she is a dancer but a teacher also. "I have never learned to dance. You know the cliché of two left feet? Well, I am the living embodiment of that saying," he said, once again laughing.

S
    Sasha

“Really, just two weeks.” She felt his laugh resonate through her own body. The Fairest now realized he was inexperienced, but oddly enough she didn’t feel unsafe with him. Or that he’d pull some stupid macho ‘hold my beer and watch this’ bullshit. “No need for an apology at all.” L’aire chuckled back to him. “I kinda feel honored.” Although it passed through her head that maybe she put him in a bind and talked him into doing something he didn’t want to do. Though, he didn’t seem the type to be easily persuaded.

L’aire felt more and more at ease with him. Like she didn’t have to prove a damn thing about herself. If she was at all tense in the beginning, she was now more relaxed as her torso met his back. “Oh I am very familiar with that saying John.” She reciprocated his laugh. “But I’ve heard people use that as a cop-out for fear of embarrassment.” L’aire shrugged a little and her arms moved in the same way along John’s sides. “The amount of husband and wife couple’s I’ve taught, that’s usually been the case.”

“Funny thing though, after they pick it up from a couple of lessons, it’s like a world opened up to them.” The Winter Fairest still talking loud enough to be heard over the motor and wind through their bodies.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread