Ended
Watch
21 - 28
DISPLAYED
Back at the Station

Frisbee in the Park
May 21, 2021 - Jun 21, 2021
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Tom repeats the same story he told Detective Rizzo. "Yesterday was my first day at Crow Law, and I thought I'd show some initiative for the partners by staying later and getting a bit ahead on my first case. When I left there were these guys who solicited me for money, just like common beggars. I said no, of course, and the one guy tells me off, and somehow knew my name. Said, "Fuck you, Thomas Steele. I hate Greedy fuckers like you." Anyway, I tried to just walk away and to my car and then same guy knocked me over the head with a brick. I turned around to retaliate, but he vanished." Tom knew the statement there was unbelievable, but that's what happened. "The brick was still there though, and this picture was attached to it. It's of myself and my dad at a gun show about a year ago. I know this sounds weird, but it's what happened -- honest. "

The officer takes a good look at the photograph and nods, taking down what Thomas said on a pad of paper.

While he writes he asks "Sounds like you got a stalker. Did you get a good look at the guy? Maybe we can bring in a sketch artist."

"Yeah, I got a good look at him." The face of the man is still clear as day in the young lawyer's memory. "I can describe him clear as day. It's hard to forget the face of someone who hits you with a brick."

The officer nods and picks up the phone. After a brief conversation he hangs up the phone and says "The artist will be here shortly. In the meantime I'm going to ask you some more questions. Do you have any enemies Dr. Steele?"

Tom shakes his head. "Not anyone in particular. Sure, there were some people angry at me when I got higher test scores than they did in Law School but they weren't anyone of note."

Next the cop asks "Do you have any ideas as to why these people might be stalking you?"

Tom smiled in the same fashion that the rogue heroes in old cowboy moves would right before they shot the bad-guy. "If I knew, I'd be dealing with them myself rather than coming to the police."

...maybe all those years of watching Tombstone and the Outlaw Josey Wales with his father wasn't such a good thing.

A sketch artist shows up and together he and Steele create an image that Thomas recognizes as being that of the man that had assaulted him. The officer assures him that they'll keep an eye out for the man and in the meantime tells him to play it safe and warns him of the dangers of vigilantism, urging that he should immediately call the police if anything else should happen to him.

Gonna go ahead and close this scene, as the police are doing all they really can for Thomas Steele now.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3