Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Back at the Station

Frisbee in the Park
May 21, 2021 - Jun 21, 2021
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

"Not unless it yields something toward your case, Tom," Frank says seriously. "And you never know." The old man then tries to catch up with the furious Campbell.

Frank steps out of the station and sees Campbell jabbing his finger into the chest of the chubby cop in front of him. He's jabbing him and speaking in low angry tones. Frank doesn't recognize the chubby cop, so he must have joined the force relatively recently. The chubby cop just nods frantically, then plods around to the driver's side of a car parked along the street. Campbell seems to be about to climb in the passenger side.

Frank suppresses a laugh as he watches Campbell give the young officer the business. The good old days, he smiles to himself as he tries to convince his old legs to jog to catch up. "Detective!" he calls out and waves. He'd have just called him Campbell, but the guy was obviously trying to effect some authority, so he'd play along. "Rizzo," he reminds him as he gets closer, "you remember me?"

Campbell stops as he's about to get into the car. He turns around and Frank can tell by his face that he recognizes Frank. The anger all but drops off his face, evident now only by the slightly increased speed at which he delivers his words.

"Hey there, Frank. How's retirement treatin ya? Couldn't get enough of the station before, huh?"

"The pension is nice. The time off is nice. But none of it makes up for the loss of being able to tell people what to do," Frank says with a hearty laugh. "Seriously, though, it's boring as hell. But what's got you all riled up, John? Maybe I can help. Old dogs can still hunt, y'know?" he says with a toothy grin and a twinkle in his eye. A favor given is a favor in kind in these parts, and his old partner is busier than a one-armed accordion player. The more favors he could get owed around the station, the better his investigator business would go, naturally.

Frank waves the idea off "It's nothing major, Frank, I got it covered. It's just been a rough afternoon, that's all. It'll be nice here in a little while when I can go home and see if the wife decided to cook anything for dinner, know what I mean? I appreciate you asking and all."

The retired detective nods solemnly. He understood perfectly. "O'course. Don't let this old timer hold you up," he smiles at Campbell, then turns to go back into the station and check on Tom.

Campbell gets into the car with the fat cop and they drive away.

Meanwhile, inside, a young, uniformed officer comes up to Steele and says "Dr. Steele? Will you follow me back to my desk?"

Dr. Steele sees the older detective walk in just as the police officer approaches him. He answers the uniformed officer first. "Yeah, sure." Once he stands, he offers his hand to shake. "I'm Dr. Tom Steele, attorney." After pleasantries are exchanged he follows the officer.

He leads them back to a desk in the crowded station. He takes a seat and then gestures to Steele.

"Alright, Dr. Steele. I'm sure you're getting sick of telling this story but let's hear what happened, if you will. As much as you can remember."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last