Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Back at the Station

Frisbee in the Park
May 21, 2021 - Jun 21, 2021
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Frank drives back to the station. It's getting on, and he needs to prepare for his trip tomorrow. Still, it's best to see that he make sure Tom has gotten into make his statement and see what he could do to speed things along while he was still in town. There's always the chance that Tom might get enough details right for the sketch to be of some use. He parks his car in the lot and waits outside it for Tom to pull up.

Tom had got caught up at a red light moments after leaving the diner, but he knew his way back to the station. A few minutes behind, he eventually pulls in and parks a few spaces down from Frank. He exits the car and approaches the retired detective. "Alright, let's do this."

Frank nods and leads the way back into the station and to the duty sergeant's desk. "Evening, officer," Frank smiles at him.

Tom follows Frank inside and remains quiet while he's conversing with his former co-workers.

The desk sergeant looks up at Frank "Back already, Frank? What's goin on now?"

Frank laughs dutifully. "Feels like I never leave, sergeant," he says, then his tone becomes serious. "This is my friend, Dr. Steele. He was assaulted by an unknown perp last night, with a brick. The guy might be stalking him. He needs to make a report."

Tom nods to the officer as he is referred to. He then looks to Frank, wondering where they'll go from here.

"MOTHER FUCKER!"

A loud curse comes from the back of the police station. Frank and Vincent see an angry looking man with graying black hair storms out of the back and stomps out the front door. He's followed by a harried looking chubbier cop with a classic policeman's haircut and mustache. Frank remembered the angry man's name, Detective John Campbell, he had transferred in from out of state a few years before Frank retired. One can only guess at what's got him so riled up. It's a tough job, being a policeman.

Once the storm clears, the desk sergeant tsks and says "Geez. What was that all about. That guy's always like that... Anyway, we'll have an officer right with you to fill out the report."

Frank looks on the yelling detective sympathetically. He'd been there, oh yes, the job would do that to you. Frank could tell you how old a detective was with no more information than his most recent blood pressure reading. Like rings round a tree...

"Much obliged, Sergeant." Rizzo turns to his young friend and says, "Why don't you have a seat, Tom? They'll call you when they're ready. And once you've got the report on, I can see what we can do to speed things up with the artist. One step at a time, welcome to bureaucracy." He flashes the Doctor a smile, then, a bit quieter, he continues, "I know that guy, I'm gonna go see what his problem today is, I'll only be a few minutes, alright?"

Tom gives the detective a curious look for a second, analyzing him almost as if he were about to give a cross examination. A sly smile crosses his face. "No, I don't mind at all, but I'd assume your billable hours aren't going to include going outside to talk?" He laughs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last