Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
No Stone Unturned (Private)

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Jaeger allowed himself a brief smile, just a slight lift of the cheeks, appreciative of the man's understanding. "Thanks again," he says meaningfully. Jaeger stood and carefully left the room before heading downstairs until he made it outside of the building. He would head to look for the plot first, just to place it before cordoning it off. He wanted to make sure there wasn't any blaring evidence that he might trample before he started tramping around with police tape. Once he was sure the area was clear he would go to the back of the building for the equipment the older agent mentioned. And once that was done he would begin scrutinizing the plot.
      Investigating the Garden, 2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-26 23:28:41 Jaeger rolls 8 to investigate the garden [Wits+Investigate+SP] (10 Again) 8, 4, 4, 2, 2, 8, 4, 1 2 successes
    For the next half hour he took his time carefully going over the area, trying to keep it preserved while his mind processed what it was seeing. Maybe he'd need more time, or maybe something would grab his attention.

I
    Irina

As Jaeger studied the area, he can see on the sidewalk outside, the floor inside the building leading up to the staircase and the small hallway of Derevko's small apartment that the fragments of prints are paws. It isn't much at all, but Jaeger can remember from his visit to the building sometime ago, with April that his former partner did not have a dog.

Particularly not one this size; if the prints are anything to go by, this was one large canine.

"Hrmph," grunted Jaeger with a little disappointment. He had been hoping to see shoeprints. Some mangy mutt was probably digging up bones or depositing them. Still, he couldn't discount the evidence. They were fresh enough that it might have coincided with the apartment invasion. Jaeger stood up, exiting the cordon and walked back towards the first agent he had met who had been standing outside. "Hey, mind if I ask you something about the residents' testimonies? Anyone say anything about hearing a dog barking that night?" If someone had broken in the dog would probably be barking its head off, that is if the dog was even here when it happened. It wasn't much to go on, he admitted.

I
    Irina

The SAC paused in his work, thinking back over the most recent interviews. A few of the neighbours had opened up eventually, but still had little to tell in the way of useful information.

"No, no dogs," he answered eventually.

"No dogs," repeats the agent, chewing the thought over in his mind. He didn't want to delay the investigation with something that might have nothing to do with Derevko's disappearance. He asked anyways, "Did you notice if any of the tenants you talked to had dogs?" Maybe it would help if he clarified his concern. "I found a partial shoeprint upstairs with dirt that might've come from the garden out back. Though when I looked it over all I could find was a dog print." And I'm just looking into it, I guess. Following a trail of breadcrumbs that the birds have already had a go at.

I
    Irina

Again, the SAC looked thoughtful although it was clear from his initial expression that he was not entirely sure where Jaeger could be going with this train of thought.

He shook his head.

"Not that I saw, though most of them talked at the door."

No dogs that he could see. That fit with what he was hoping for. Jaeger wanted to be sure that dogs weren't regularly present in the building. He'd probably contact the landlord at some point to check what their policy was. "If any dog hairs come up in the sweep of the apartment then I just want to have a print to go with it," he explained to the agent. "Derevko didn't have a dog, far as I know. If the culprits walked through the dirt towards the building they might've had an attack dog or something with them. Probably unlikely, but it'll depend on the evidence."

Though the evidence said at the moment was that a dog walked through a garden last night. It was a piss poor theory even by his standards. Before he proceeded further he'd have to find another connection to the garden plot. "Just thought I'd ask, I'm going to check out the area a bit more. Could we get someone to take some pictures and maybe lift a cast off that print back there?"

I
    Irina

"The dog print? Sure," the SAC responded, somewhat bemusedly. Inwardly, he guessed that Agent Jaeger was grasping at straws - though he could understand that desire completely. Derevko was his partner, and all that.

"We'll get pictures, and whatever other prints we can find. Run 'em, and see what comes up."

It was all they could do at this stage, but that statement was left unspoken.

Jaeger allowed the curl of an appreciative smile to form on his lips. "Thank you, sir," he replies respectfully and then heads back to comb the area some more. Really he had hit a dead end at this point, and he knew it. All he could hope for was the forensics to pick something up out of the apartment samples. Otherwise he couldn't do much to advance the investigation. At least he did his best, but even telling himself that didn't satisfy his urge for justice. Jaeger scratches at his chin, thinking, concentrating, trying to go over the case in his head to see if there were any options left to him, but he couldn't think of any their organization hadn't already considered.
    ooc

I
    Irina

At this stage, Jaeger has found all the evidence that could be found outside.

Inside, the remaining agents returned to their work, letting Jaeger continue with his thoughts.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last