Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Echoes (ATTN: Jack, Nott, Ruby)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    L
    Lankin

Sighing in a resigned sort of manner Nótt thinks 'yeah, this is so not the good start to our first mission I'd hoped for'. Looking around rather hopelessly he gives up slightly. "Right" he mumbles to himself, "brute force approach it is then".

He stops and closes his eyes, trying to be calm enough to make this work. He can remember his mentor doing this all the time when he needed to find the car keys or whatever he'd misplaced at the time, but this would be the first time he Nótt tried it without a Grimoire to guide him.

In his mind's eye he imagines the strands of the spinner-norn Verdhandi stretching out in front of him, each thread unique and distinct. He imagines himself following her tapestry-pattern, letting her hand guide him. Mumbling the ancient words of the ancestors in a low voice he grasps his medallion, focusing his Will.

Spellcasting

Once the energies have been laid to rest in the correct imago he opens his eyes and begins moving around the room again, this time in a much more haphazard and unstructured way, doing shallow sweeps rather than the methodical search he did before.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Narration

After painful efforts of digging and searching Theo's apartment, Ruby remembers that she once heard Theo had a 'photographic' memory.

Jack's phonebook sits on the coffee table, staring balefully at the trio. Sometime during their little tete-a-tete, Jack also realizes what 'pings' his radar about Ruby. This woman is one of the few to whom the threads of Fate flex to accomodate, yet subtly guide to a specific place in the weave; she is no helpless leaf in the river of kismet, like most.

Nott lays eyes on a doily under a vase of flowers on the kitchen table, and it beckons him. Coming closer, he sees faint pencil drawings upon it. On one half, a set of lines that resemble branches, with some lines bearing a small circle. On the other half, tiny, minute sigla that form an almost fractal pattern.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

L
    Lankin

Picking up the doily and peering closer at the various markings as he walks over to the other two, he comments "Guys. I think I might have found something here".

Holding out the object for inspection he adds "I think this might be a map of the Ley Lines, hidden in plain sight as it were. If lines show the energies flowing then I'm guessing the circles are pools or nexuses or something. But I'm not sure what this" he pauses to point at the sigla "repeating pattern signifies. Could it be some sort of code, or map key?"

All the while he subtly watches Ruby, trying to gauge her reaction.

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"Well for certain that's a possibility. But it also doesn't make much sense for him to have wrote it out there. It's not especially hidden, it's awkward."

Ruby carefully scans the illustrated interconnections, checking to see if there is a Supernal Script component to the figures, checking to see if she recognizes any of the sigla.

This roll would be in case she sees any unusual resonance on the doily, 2 suxx

"We'll want to "

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

(( No SScript ))
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

PRE

Not wanting to get on Ruby's nerves any more than he already has, Jack gets up from in front of the coat closet and moves in cautiously to look at the doily while standing opposite of Ruby and Nótt. Figuring that this might be useful later when there's more resources available, he takes out his phone and clicks a button.

Holding it in both hands and making sure it's held steady, he presses something on the screen and the phone emanates a faint click like that of a camera shutter opening and closing. The sound is loud enough to be heard in this room but is softer than an actual camera. He then shyly slips the phone back into his pocket, hoping Ruby isn't somehow in a worse mood by this latest action.

L
    Lankin

"Well then," Nótt says briskly, "if that is true we must consider a series of possible options:" he holds up his hand and counts on his fingers as he lists the possibilities:

"A, He worked on some other magical project which he did choose to leave here like this. B, He covered his doily in arcane symbols as a misdirection in case someone unwanted checked out his apartment. C, He thought occult scribblings was good for casual tableware decoration, or finally D, Someone else has been here before us and left this, either to fool us into falling for some scheme or to point the way we need to go."

The hand falls to his side again, and he adds in a more careful tone "Of course, I didn't know him myself, so I don't know if any of that seems like the sort of thing he'd do."

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"Well no point to speculatin'. We'll compare th' map to known points, see if it matches up to the ley."

"Jack, how's your resolution on that phone? Might be hard to read. Likely easier to just take it."

"Actually, there are a few things we ought to grab up while we're here. Jack dear, check if there's a computer, Nott check to see if Theo kept any research books from the museum. I'm goin' to start packin' up papers and things. Anythin' that's to do with the Mystery needs to come with us back to the museum."

"Let's be as quick as we can."
    Ruby sets herself to work, carefully removing the doily and folding it with utmost care. Any papers, documents, or items that reference the Supernal must be collected. Ruby expects that to be very little. Any lingering resonances should also be scrubbed, but that might take time. She'd be coming back to deal with personal effects later anyway so that part can wait.

PRE

"It's 2.0 megapixels, and I can bluetooth pics onto my computer at home to blow them up," Jack explains. "However, I agree that we should also go ahead and take it so that nobody else gets a chance to catch up or even get ahead of us."

Jack nods when Ruby tells him to look for a computer and wanders off to the bedroom for his search.

Find anything while looking for a computer?

"Hmmm. Backpack?" Jack whispers to himself as he searches it and everything else. "Nnnnope... Drawers?.. Nope... Desk?.. Nope... Under the bed? Nooo...

"Wait a minute... What's this?"
    he asks himself in surprise.

Jack finds a laptop at the right corner under the head of the bed, right beside a spear with a dragon motif. The computer is old and looks used but very clean. On the back is a worn permanent ink name written on it. Marcus
    When, you open it up you nitice the keyboard is slightly off.
    Keyboard
    And there is a pin drive stuck in the side and the power cord runs to a socket on the far side of the bed against the wall.
    Turning on the computer you come to the screen that lists the users. There is only one, 'Theo'. You are prompted for a password though when you click on it.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread