Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Echoes (ATTN: Jack, Nott, Ruby)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Narration:

In short order, the trio makes their way inside. The landlord's office is clearly marked, and a dour old woman hands over a copy of the key after Ruby presents her credentials as a Museum official. There are guttaral noises emanating from the woman the whole time, words made coarse from too many years chain smoking in front of a television. The sounds scrape like cardboard on cement, bemoaning the loss of a tenant, the state of social security, and colored presidents.

Making their way to the room, Ruby unlocks the door, and sees the immaculate quarters Theo kept.

On the dining room table is a vase of dead flowers.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Ruby looks around, flinching for only a moment when she sees the flowers.

"Alright. Don't know whether he hides his notes or not, but we'd best get to lookin'. My only request from y'all is that we don't muss with anything that's got nothing to do with work."

"And I know y'all aren't goin' to try to take nothin', because I trust you... but don't take nothin'."

Ruby begins slowly to prod through rooms, especially on the lookout for files or cabinets, strongboxes or stacks of paper.

PRE

Jack thinks about strings attaching themselves from everything and to everything, creating a seemingly unorganized web of connections for the time that he's here investigating Apotheosis' apartment as his Imago, then wills the picture into his mind as he opens his eyes.
    Sybil's Sight w/ condition 'Upon leaving Theo's apt.'
    Jack takes a look around the living room, digging through any piles of papers and drawers that are there and relying somewhat on the Fates to guide him to anything that might be relevant to the three of them.

He mostly pays attention to strings that connect to himself and/or Nótt, but takes note of anything that connects to Ruby unless she's saturated with them.

L
    Lankin

Nótt didn't simply look through papers and rifle through documents, but kept opening drawers to chec for double bottoms and knocking on panels to listen for secret compartments.

Investigating Galore

Yet for all his diligence he would seem to find nothing at all.

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Ruby's cursory glance doesn't do much, but she is much more meticulous on her second sweep.

Preliminary sweep, failure
    Second sweep, 1 suxx

Interestingly enough, Ruby appears to manifest some kind of activity under the Sybil's Sight
    Closer scrutiny would be necessary to glean more

PRE

Jack stops his searching, feeling like he should look over towards where Ruby was rummaging. When he glances over his shoulder, he sees a faint string between her and something she was holding.

She hasn't mentioned that she found something... It probably isn't any of my business, but...

"Uh... Ruby? Did you... find something?" Jack says with caution. He doesn't want to upset her anymore, knowing that this would probably be hard for her no matter how strong she was.

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

"Nothin' yet. Why do you ask?"

PRE

"Oh... Never mind, then... It's probably none of my business," Jack said, turning back to searching where he was. Either she hides her emotions well, or she hasn't found the thing that caused my sight to blink at me.

Jack sifts through the papers in the one drawer, looking for anything that looks like a map or street directions or anything that triggers his sight.
    I found something?
    Jack finds a Yellow Book at the bottom. He takes it out and sets it aside, in case there might be anything useful to glean from it.

However, his curiosity about the Sybil's Sight gets the better of him, so he looks back over at Ruby and scrutinizes the aura that blinked at him earlier.
    Scrutiny

Ruby
    Ruby

PRE

Wandering eyes aren't as hard to spot as you think.
    "I'd appreciate it if you stop. Right now. It's none of your business, and even if it was, you'd at least say somethin' to me about it first." Ruby slides a sock drawer back into place. Her tone isn't angry, but it is serious.

Fate threads

PRE

Yikes. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm soo sorry," Jack says sincerely. "Curiosity about Fate got the better of me... Please, I'm still rather new at this... Won't happen again..."

Jack moves on to the coat closet and finds a box with lots of manila folders on the floor. He sits down in front of the closet to sift through the papers in it, but his hands are shaking a little visibly as he does so. The one he has pulled out falls away and spills its contents in front of him.

"Goddammit..." Jack swears, and frustratedly goes about reorganizing the folder.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread