Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(McCabe) Back to the Lab Again (private)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Steven

"Just a second..." Doctorow switches to his headset and makes his way to his workstations. "Alright go ahead doc."

C
    Cross

Doc Marcus thought for a second to make sure he got it all. "Well, first, I guess I ought to ask you... have you seen anything like this before, given what I've told you about it?" He'd covered the kill method with Doctorow, the draining of the blood, the violent damage to the plexi, the mucus... maybe Doctorow had an idea?

"As well, I'm hoping to get three things. Two shouldn't be too hard, the third may well be challenging." He scratched his cheek, twitching a pen as he thought. "Could you look into a blueprint for the sewer beneath [ADDRESS]? As well, at [LOCATION], there is a traffic camera... I'm wondering if you can get access to its contents? It's one of those ones that does stills only, so I'm not expecting much." He thought for a moment. "The final item is... if I gave you a computerized DNA sequence, could you find a way to run it against a DNA databank without endangering yourself?" He'd run the sequence, all he needed now to confirm that it was Chris McCabe's blood and not someone else caught by whatever this was was a match...

S
    Steven

Doctorow thought for a bit about the question, "Maybe, I would need to do soem digging about the information you have. Can you send me pictures and whatever of the informtion you have? I can cross-reference with the information I have and we can go from there."

"The Blueprint shouldn't be a problem, I can problably get that from the city assessors office. The camera might be a bit of a challange. and As far as the DNA is concerned, I have no idea, never done it before. What is the DNA of?" Doctorow was curious what the Physician may have come across.

C
    Cross

"Sure, give me a minute to get my laptop set up," Ryan said, producing his machine and plugging it in. His question about the DNA brought the Doc some pause. "Well, that's the thing. I'm not certain about the DNA. I think it's probably McCabe's. That's what I'm expecting and what I'd like to see it be, so this doesn't get any more complicated. But without running this against the usual databanks that police forensics would use, I can't know for sure." As he spoke, he connected his camera to the computer, uploading the photographs of everything he'd seen. For good measure, he also took a moment to take photographs of the test results from the various machines and uploaded them, too, so Doctorow could read them.

"All right. What I've got is coming your way."

Ryan set up an email from a random gmail account, attached the files to it, and hit send.

Doctorow would receive a bunch of files.

the files

Ryan does not send the DNA profile just yet. Doing that from WestLife's office could be awkward if someone got caught running that particular sample. "I'll send you the DNA profile from a more secure location in about twenty minutes, if that's all right..."

S
    Steven

Irina can I get modifiers for the Hacks please?

I
    Irina

Int + Comp +3 equip + spec -6 to hack the council records for a blue print.

Int + Comp +3 equip + spec +3 situation -6 to study the speed camera.

S
    Steven

1suxx for the Blue Print, 3 for the Camera
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-09 06:10:11 Doctorow rolls 7 to Hacking the Camera -6 (10 Again) 10, 7, 2, 9, 4, 5, 1, 9 3 successes
    2012-09-09 06:09:55 Doctorow rolls 7 to Hacking for Blueprints -6 (10 Again) 4, 3, 8, 4, 4, 3, 5 1 success

I
    Irina

As Doctorow locates the footage, he can see that the camera is only active when a car triggers the motion sensor. For the necessary time frame that McCabe was mysteriously killed in, a blue car triggered the camera twenty minutes before, the last bus of the night sails past five minutes after that. The footage is next active when the police car and ambulance appears; at which point the trail of mucus is already there.

Doctorow finally finds some blueprints, but they appear to be archival, the same stretch of underground but from a couple of years ago.

S
    Steven

Assuming Doctorow can get copies of those he forwards them over to the Doc. "Here is the footage, and the Blueprints, but the prints are couple years old. So there may have been some changes." Doctorow does a bit more shuffling around, "That footage isn't that helpful. Blue Car, A Bus, then the Police car and ambulance. Sio between the bus, and the popo, the mucus smear shows up."

C
    Cross

Doc Marcus didn't take a look at the footage or the blueprint just yet. He wanted to go home before he did that. "All right," he said, considering what the hell to do next.

The answer was obvious. Sleep. He'd been on the go for a long time. "I've got tomorrow off, so I'm going to go search around for a camera with a better angle by day. I was looking around at night alone so I didn't want to stick around too long. If you have any other ideas or suggestions I'd be glad to hear them, especially if you had any idea what this thing might be."

"Thank you, by the way. I appreciate all this."
    God only knew what risks Doctorow was taking to help him.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.