Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Environmental Hazards (Private)

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Comparison, 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-04 09:05:30 Jaeger rolls 7 to compare photographs [Wits+Investigation] (10 Again) 5, 6, 5, 4, 1, 3, 9 1 success

I
    Irina

As Jaeger scrutinised the pictures, he can see that the disgusting mess in this area of the lake has been growing steadily worse over the last few days. In fact, the contamination appeared to be have moved far faster than it should have been.

Maybe someone was really enthusiastic about dumping as much chemicals as possible, as fast as possible.

"Ugh, with as sloppy a job as this, there's got to be some evidence laying around," muttered the agent, not looking forward to returning to the disgusting waterfront. Nonetheless he did, exiting the hut and heading down to the sludgy waters. If Newman or the photographer needed him they could catch up. He placed the mask over his face, pulled the latex gloves over his hands, and approached the contamination spill carefully to collect samples, while keeping his eyes peeled for clues.

Jaeger wanted to be at the point of highest contamination for the best results, though it'd be hard to tell where exactly the dumping had taken place now that it had dissolved and floated along the water. He inspected the ground as he walked, looking for unexpected tire tracks, footprints in the dirt and sand, anything that suggested a big vehicle carrying chemicals drove up for a quick dump. Even scattered trash might yield a possible connection.

I
    Irina

Int + Investigation +spec +2 to check the best spots to study and wits + investigation + spec to collect accurate samples.

Study Location, 4suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-06 14:23:49 Jaeger rolls 10 to check the best spots to study [Int+Inves+SP+2] (10 Again) 2, 4, 9, 10, 1, 10, 4, 2, 2, 4, 10, 4, 4 4 successes
      Collecting Samples, 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-06 14:26:04 Jaeger rolls 8 to collect accurate samples [Wits+Inves+SP] (10 Again) 3, 3, 9, 6, 5, 3, 6, 3 1 success
    It wasn't as hard as he thought to find where to look. The smell said it all. He nearly gagged even through the mask at the worst of it, like some giant had heaved putrid gruel and forgot to flush. He looked away, closing his eyes which began to tear up from the chemicals floating up through the air. He knelt to take samples into glass vials, slightly distracted by the sight and smell. But he was a professional and would do his best to force his way through it.

I
    Irina

As Jaeger ventured out of the hut and into the destroyed area at large, he could see little red flags set here and there to designate those particular spots that appeared worse off than others. Only around half of the area has been covered however, and further afield the ground has begun to turn a murky brown colour, as though stained with something oily. The residue comes away on the soles of his shoes - and that smells, too.

It's worse, closer to the water; and Jaeger can identify the same discoloration as he discovered upon his arrival.

He's able to get another couple of samples from the water, and from puddles further inland. It's a bit more difficult to pick up the residue from the ground though. It was going to take some serious scraping to get a decent amount.

Jaeger grumbled as he has trouble getting a decent amount of residue into the vials. He kept at it but only to get as much as he needed. His shoes would only stink for weeks, he imagined, if he was lucky. Finishing that up he walks back to the hut with samples in tow. He sets the carrier on the table and considers his next move. The samples would have to go to the lab, but before that he wanted to speak with the residents. He'd have to leave the site for that. He looks around for Newman to let him know he'd be leaving the grounds for a bit.

"I'll be back in a bit, just gathering testimonies," he'd say before heading back to the obscuring wall he'd come through. He'd probably want to find someone who frequented the lakeside often, like a fisherman or a landscaper, but if he couldn't find those a jogger or speed-walker would have to do.

I
    Irina

With a quick look to Newman, Samuel Adams stepped away from the waters edge and followed Jaeger. He smiled in an apologetic way, and jerked a thumb back over to the older man.

"You probably wouldn't like a tag-along, but I think Mr. Newman is concerned I may write a bad article, if I feel I'm being left out of the loop." He paused, thinking through his own statement, and then raised a hand almost in a placating gesture.

"Not that I would, I hasten to add. I would never write slanderous articles."

You may roll Wits + Empathy.

The agent didn't really mind having someone tag along, though he didn't want people to think they were going to have their picture in the paper. Either people would exaggerate things to seem more important or shy away from the prospect. "Ehh, I guess it might be okay, so long as you stay out of the way..." he said, thinking aloud.
      Oh really? 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-12 15:25:09 Jaeger rolls 5 to discern the truth of Sam's claim [Wits+Empathy] (10 Again) 6, 7, 4, 1, 10, 5 1 success

I
    Irina

Samuel sounded truthful enough, if a bit awkward in his bearing. Probably he did feel that he was intruding somewhat on the professional investigator. He tore his gaze from the sludgy water, and for just the briefest second, a flash of concern appeared in his dark eyes. But the moment was gone all too quickly, and Samuel followed Jaeger back to the perimeter fence.

"I don't intend to get in your way, Agent Jaeger," the man confirmed firmly.

The security guard was still on patrol as Samuel rounded the corner, and his disposition remained just as sunny as before.

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.