Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Environmental Hazards (Private)

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    I
    Irina

"Forensics Lab a few miles north. Nothing fancy, but that's what you're here for, isn't it?" Newman remarked, and again the comment just avoided being needling.

He waited, and looked from Jaeger to Samuel, and back again.

"Well, that's gonna make introductions fast then."

"Yeah, that's right," says Jaeger, politely shaking the man's hand. "Don't think I caught your name back then. So what brings you here? Not planning on going for a swim I hope," he says with deadpan humor.

To Newman, Jaeger says, "Just checking to see if you had gotten any headway. But I'll be taking over from here. Have you got a breathing mask I could use?" he asked, eager to collect some samples and see what else he could surmise from the contaminated surroundings.

I
    Irina

The handshake was firm, and stronger perhaps than his not overtly muscular frame might have suggested it would be. He drew back the hand, and ran his fingers through his slightly messy hair. The action almost seemed like a nervous tick, though there was no obvious reason behind the manner. It was possible he was just of an introverted disposition.

"I-I'll try not to," Samuel replied, and he smiled to show that he did get the joke. "I'm Samuel Adams," he then introduced a tad more formally. "I'm here to-to photograph the water and surrounding area."

I
    Irina

Newman jerked a thumb back in the direction of the hut. "Any apparatus you don't have'll be in there," he reported. He understood the need for a more professional governmental body taking over the investigation, but it was still an irritation - albeit a mild one. Still, he wouldn't let something like a mild rivalry get in the way of what needed to be done.

"I'll be here to assist, if you need it."

Jaeger looks to Sam. "Ah, a photographer. I think I might've jumped the gun on that," he says, raising his own camera up to convey his meaning. "Well, at least this incident will be well-documented." His tone was apologetic though. He seemed to be taking everyone's job today.

Turning back to Newman Jaeger replies, "Thank you, Mr. Newman, I appreciate the help. I'll keep you informed if I find anything of interest. I did have a question though about the case. There's been a lot of effort in maintaining secrecy here. I was hoping to probe some of the locals for possible witnesses to the act. Has anyone come forward with information or do you have reservations against my interviewing the lake residents. If you're trying to avoid the press I can be vague in my process, but there's no guarantee that that resident might not figure things out on their own."

I
    Irina

Newman shook his head. "No, so far we haven't approached anyone at all. Although, with the newspaper article a couple of days ago, I think people are getting pretty suspicious anyway."

He gestured to Samuel as he spoke. "It's why Mr. Adams is here, actually. He's written articles for newspapers in the past. Soon as we're ready to tell the people around here what's going on, we can make sure something honest and non-sensationalist is written. And no one can accuse us of trying to cover crap up."

The hint of an approving smile twists the corner of Jaeger's mouth. "Good to know, that'll make it easier. Alright, I'm going to get started." Jaeger heads to the aforementioned hut in search of a carrier for his sample vials and a breathing mask, and any other goodies on hand.

I
    Irina

As Jaeger headed inside the hut, he can see that it really is quite a small space to move around in. There is a desk, long enough to just house one computer and a plastic chair behind it. Underneath the table are a few folders, and to the left by a small window is a cash register. Directly opposite is a shelving unit - recently installed, and currently carrying simple, disposable breathing masks, test tubes, swabs kits and carriers - both full and empty.

It's currently unoccupied, being that Newman is outside.

Attached to the far wall are a few photographs, time stamped for the last few days. They show the same area of the lake that Jaeger has taken photographs of most recently.

Taking his own gear out of his pockets, Jaeger walks to the shelving unit and sets his down to go over his inventory. The kits were all neat and tidy so he grabbed one of those along with a couple breathing masks and a carrier, placing in it his tubes, sample bags, and latex gloves. He pulled off his camera strap and hefted the carrier's over his shoulder before setting the camera back in place around his neck. He adjusted his shoulder holster for his gun as the extra strapping was somewhat uncomfortable now.

Walking past the computer over to the photographs on the wall, Jaeger took a quick glance to see if there was a pattern over the course of the few days they were taken. Otherwise he considered himself ready to check out the site. He would then head back outside to take samples and look for clues.

I
    Irina

Wits + Investigation to compare the photographs, please.

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.