Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Pipeworks: Hanging Around

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 16, 2010 : Winds of Change
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    S
    Spartan

Caster's world was upside down, literally. He hung from the overhang climbing wall about 30 feet off the ground. Cass revelled in the pain that was going through his upper body. His fingers, forarmed, biceps and shoulders. Caster took long breaths in and out as he fought against the lactic acid that was building up. Sweat ran down his face and chest as he grew more exhausted.

The Ogre began moving again making his way across the ceiling toward the other wall. Once he was too the wall he moved down the wall slowly, letting his legs take the weight of his frame.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri had heard of Pipeworks but had kept away, afraid that if she came along, the darkside if her personality, that small bit of her that wanted to beat everyone else, would overcome her. Then, she had heard a rumour tha Spartan had begun to frequent the place and decided that if it was good enough for the mighty Summer King, it was good enough for petite Harvest Envoy.

Wearing her favourite training gear, the redhead entered and watched with keen interest as Spartan scaled the walls and the ceiling, a wry smile as he did so. However, she didn't call out his name. She had only just arrived and the last thing she wanted was to put off his progress.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

S
    Spartan

With the Hoplite firmly on the wall, rather then the roof, he makes his way down the wall. Moving his carabiner and cable that runs from his harness as he goes. His practiced hands going from point to point to point. Spartan's feet hit bottom and he dusts his hands off and looks up to the wall.

He smelt Terri before he saw her. That baking bread scent always gave him flashbacks to his childhood. Not that he would tell anyone that. "Hello Terri, How are you?" Spartan says turning around to face the Red Squirrel.

K
    Kazakin

Stefan was here because he was bored. That was the sum total of his desires at the moment.

He wanted to focus, and hanging around seedy bars eventually got dull. Especially if no one was biting when he was on a charm offensive. Which, sometimes, they didn't.

That was the way of the world.

But he had got a pocket full of loose change and bills from waiting tables, and he'd been meaning to work out more. Physical strength was one thing, but he wanted to be a better athlete. For a variety of reasons.

Mostly, those reasons involved a certain pack sister of his running effortless rings around him. Alejandra brought out his competitive streak, but he was also entirely bound to admit that she was far, far his superior when it came to that area.

He glanced sidelong, fastening himself into the rental harness as he did, spotting the huge, rugged guy rappelling, and the cute red-head he was with. Probably together. Not that he wouldn't take a swing at either of them, but he was here for business, not pleasure. He took a breath, flexed his fingers, and started pulling himself up the wall.

Not that well, as it turned out. He almost slipped, and had to strain with all his considerable muscle to keep himself from falling a dramatic metre onto the mats.

Aw, Goddamnit.

Okay, Stef... try, try again.

1 success to climbing
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-01 08:18:28 Stefan Anderson rolls 6 to Strength 4 + Athletics 2 (10 Again) 6, 6, 7, 8, 4, 4 1 success

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Doing good, thanks, Caster," Terri replied, giving the Summer King a friendly hug, the type she is well known for, stretching her arms around the Ogre's thick physique. "I never knew you climbed?" she added with keen interest as only a squirrel lady really could.

Seeing another start his ascent, Terri couldn't help but observe out of the corner of her eye, watching his technique.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Miach

PRE

The more he exercised, the better Miach felt. Unfortunately, he was trying to avoid Ricardo's Gym lately, lest he met some of his fellow Awakened he'd rather not. Remembering his elation after his rock-climbing, the Acanthus decided to have a go at the Pipeworks. He didn't expect it to be as good as outdoor, but the sweat mattered too.

The blonde man got changed quickly, and set the harness to his size. Thanks to his tall and lean built, he had hopes he would be doing rather well here too. Hopefully, it hadn't been raw dumb luck last time. He hoped to fare well all the more so since he had spotted a definitly cute red-haired girl on the side. She was hard to miss. She seemed to be in hand with an intimidating man beside her, but perhaps it was only appearances. Should he try to valiantly rescue her ? But he would be a fool if she actually was with the man ! Better to focus on the wall in front of him.

Stretching his arms, Miach started climbing slowly, slowly, securing his position as much as possible. He couldn't help but turn his head toward the couple at times, though. Damn...

L
    LadyVictris

John walks into the room, eyes lighting up as he sees the set-up on the ceiling. He'd been meaning to check the place out since Spartan suggested it, and so far it seemed well worth the cost of a day pass.

The short and skinny darkling is equipped with good but worn climbing gear, and is about to head towards the wall when he sees Terri and Spartan are also present. He hesitates slightly at interrupting them, but shakes off the nerves.

Spartan seemed friendly enough when I met him, and I should really introduce myself properly to Terri, given she's so central to my court...not that we can talk about that here, mind.

John approaches the other changelings with a friendly wave, pausing only a moment as he tries to recall Spartan's 'off-duty' name.

"...Caster. I should have thought I might bump into you here, seeing as you recommended the place."

Giving Terri a respectful nod, he also addresses her. Not knowing her too well, he takes refuge in formality.

"And I'm sorry, Ms. Nutkins-Pereg, but I don't think I've introduced myself to you yet, even though we've attended a few of the same events. John Lapsley."

He extends a long-fingered hand to the Harvest Envoy.

S
    Spartan

Spartan returned the friendly hug. "Yeah its a recent hobby but I enjoy it. I was looking for a full body workout and I have all the boyency of a stone. So I took to climbing." Spartan saw the other man as he began climbing and took notice of his style. Spartan had found that watching other climbers is helpful to learn the craft, either that or to learn what not to do.

Spartan looked to the small whisperwisp. "Hello John, how are you?"

K
    Kazakin

Stefan hauled himself a little higher, realising quite quickly that he'd made a bad start, and it just wasn't improving. In defiance of this, he forced himself up further, his well-built muscles straining to haul the weight of his body. Sweat beaded on his forehead, but he made no sound.

Show no weakness.

There seemed to be quite a long way to go still, and he knew his technique was lacking, but he was no more about to give up than he was to pause in mid-climb. Just a little further. Onwards. Forwards. Never surrender, never give up, never demonstrate that fatigue, or pain, or anything exists...

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-02 11:01:16 Stefan Anderson rolls 6 to Strength 4 + Athletics 2 (10 Again) 7, 9, 6, 3, 4, 7 1 success

Miach

PRE

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-03 16:05:41 Miach rolls 5 to Str 2 + Ath 2 + Equipment 1 (Pipeworks) (10 Again) 3, 4, 4, 2, 9 1 success

Even though he was on the beginner's wall, Miach had all the difficulties in the world to gain elevation. He didn't try much though, and progessed in the direction of the couple, who had been joined by a short and skinny man. Still hanging on the wall, he hailed them. Any pretext would do if he could have a chance to have a chat with the lady.

Herm... hello, sorry to disturb, but could you lend me a hand, please ?

I'm a beginner, and I hardly where's my next hold to go down from here...

If they were helpful enough, that would be all he needed to try and have a chat with them. Otherwise, the Acanthus would know to move on, and that was all there was to it.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.