Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
91 - 100
DISPLAYED
Back to the Chapter House

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 10 of 11 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

I don't see you...

Jayant does not get enough successes in the Contest of Wills to pierce the creature's Obfuscation.

Ishani can get to the creature pretty quickly, but it will be hard for her to catch it off guard with an attack.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Auspex 4 successes
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Asa's Auspex reveals the creature downstairs, which is retreating deeper into the sub-basement.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani chooses the rash action and dives for the creature. She gathers her strength and uses a burst of speed to engage the creature before it is ready for the attack.

((Not sure what I need to roll here or if I can just attack, so let me know))
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

(( I'm confused as to the turn sequence. Is the Contest of Wills Reflexive since it disappeared right in front of us? I'm wondering if Asa saw it the round it disappeared, or if he spent a round looking for it. ))
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Contest of Wills is reflexive in this case, since Asa had Auspex active.

Ishani is close enough to do a movement action and still attack in one turn, so the attack would be rolled normally vs. the creature's 3 Def and 2 Armor. Any FS maneuver that can't be done along with a movement action also can't be used in this case.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Asa's eye's pick out the fleeing figure as he also sees Ishani run up the stairs towards the sounds of fighting. His lips thin in irritation. Pushing Blood into his body, sharpening his coordination, he quickly pulls a throwing knife from his suit and flips it at the retreating Scaly even as he turns to run up the stairs after the Harpy.

His feet pound on the floor, enhanced with the same Blood that had guided his throw, and he enters the room just as Ishani is finishing off Gideon's second attacker.

Knife Throw 4 successes

The Prince's hurled knife fells the invisible, fleeing creature, which fades into view even as the Prince himself turns to follow Ishani. Ishani easily dispatches the creature upstairs, and Asa catches the end of this, as the creature's sliced and battered body fades into view as it falls. Both downstairs and up, it is silent at the moment, though faint sounds - including the sounds of voices - can be heard from the hallway.

Page 10 of 11 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last
Closed Thread