Watch

Sacramento Public Library

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 9 of 9 First ... 5 6 7 8 9

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

The truth of the universe. If you only knew that the life you are living is a lie. Maybe one day, you will see things as clearly as I do now.

The Warlock gave Sidor a slight nod. "Well, I've always believed that those who are more fortunate have the responsibility to guide those who are not," he said to the Haunt in response to his words. "Of course there is always knowledge that can prove to be dangerous in the wrong hands, that which must be kept safely away from those who are ignorant, or not ready to apply it just yet."

The Mystagogue fell back to silence, considering what he had said. He couldn't help to chuckle internally at the fact that he was preaching his Order's tenets to a complete stranger, and one who was not Awakened. Then again, as long as the Veil remained intact, no crime was being committed. It wasn't like he was revealing the Mysteries to him anyway.

Knowledge is power. It doesn't take an Awakened to know that.

Aenigma nodded at Sidor's last words, even if he didn't agree entirely with the statement. Well, he did to a certain extent, but there was certain knowledge that was better left alone. But he couldn't expect someone who was still a slave to the Lie to understand that.

"Oh gosh," he said as he noticed what time it was on a nearby clock. "I must apologize, but I need to get going. I have an early flight to catch tomorrow, and I still have some packing left to do." He extended his hand towards the Nosferatu, offering him one last polite smile. "It was a pleasure speaking with you Sidor," said the Warlock to the Russian man. "Until our paths cross again."

With those words, and after shaking the Haunt's hand, Aenigma made his way out of the library.

Aenigma exits the scene

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor briefly grasped Aenigma's hand, showing an impressive, pale scar that ran the length of his hand, between the finger bones. The mark was old, and the Haunt briefly thought it very amusing that the mark of one of the best lessons of his life was something that his curse hadn't robbed him of.

I think you would be consumed by my knowledge, Rob, but how can you know that the man you see is nothing but a shell of a lie, concealing a monster amongst God's people?

He smiled like a razorblade in the shadows, his cold grey eyes unflinching.

"A pleasure speaking with you too, Rob. I do hope we meet again. I always enjoy a conversation with an educated man,"
    the Haunt inclined his head slightly, and then picked up the books on the table. His own book was slid back into the briefcase, but the borrowed ones were replaced on the shelves, exactly as they had been. His carefully honed memory and belief in order and decent behaviour meant that he wasn't inclined to leave some random person to tidy up.

S
    Sally Romanov

Sally smiles as Alfar leaves and goes back to her books. Reading and taking notes in her moleskin notebook, brushing a stray set of bangs back behind her ear.

S
    Steven

No Posts in 5 days, Closing up the thread, Fun Scene Everyone!

Page 9 of 9 First ... 5 6 7 8 9
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.