Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A Night at the Lake (open)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    N
    Neil Kingsley

The dim road leading to the beach at Lake Folsom had light cast upon it by only the moon - at least, until Neil Kingsley's Z4's headlights broke the beautiful darkness. Neil Kingsley's eyes squinted as the wind whipped through his hair. Turning to face Catherine Keyes , he smiled.

"My apologies again for the interruption last time, Miss Keyes," he said honestly. Duty had called, and he had appreciated her understanding. This evening, he had turned his cellular phone off. The weather was warm, Northern California summer's finest, and he honestly didn't mind that this was her introduction to Lake Folsom.

Pulling into the parking lot, he motioned to the water. "Shall we?" He asked with his little smile on his face.

Neil

Catherine Keyes
    Presence ••• (Captivating) | Mask of Tranquility
    -1 Vitae for Blush

Work is work.” The bard said with a shrug, “I understand the necessity to keep up appearances, I believe all of us understand that.” she said with a small smile. And although the intrusion had annoyed her at the time, she had moved on.

It hadn’t interrupted her story and it had added a new chapter to his, although she had been denied the chance to observe. But that was how things went some times, more often than not actually.

When the car stopped, she looked out over the water of the lake, adjectives setting themselves perfectly into her head as stories of sea monsters and water bound dragons found their way to the surface of her thoughts. Then directly into the voyage tales, and even a shanty or two floating on the outskirts.

Her cousin’s words pulled her out of her story-induced reverie, and a smile replaced the solemn look and the nearly-REM movements of her eyes. “Yes, sorry...I was thinking that I did not bring anything appropriate in which to swim.” she explained.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

N
    Neil Kingsley

Mask of Tranquility - Blush of Life. -1 Vit

Neil's face split into a little smile at her first reply, opening his door and stepping out, putting his left hand in his pocket as he moved to join her. The moon on the water was absolutely lovely. Given the time of night it was in the summer, the lake was hardly dead. There were people, lights on the far beaches of campfires far away. His Beast stirred within him just a little at the sight, but there were hundreds of yards between them and the little fires.

Her second remark, however, simply made him smirk. "Nor did I... oh well!" But his tone didn't entirely suggest that would stop him, if swimming was on the docket for the evening. "Do you enjoy swimming, Ms. Keyes?"

She grinned at him as she stepped from the car, “I enjoy and enjoyed many things, Dr. Kingsley, but you of all people should know that information from me has a price.” She winked at him before striding past him, and letting the quite short shorts she was wearing barely show underneath the long white shirt.

She looked out at the lake, the moon was rising and it was calm (for the moment), and then there were the fires; and the pop of distant fireworks. “It was calm, that evening, the sweet breeze touched with the scent of honey. But there, beneath the water, lay the dragons. The dragons of old...” she said quietly before looking back at the scientist.

Lakes always make me think of the Niseag.

N
    Neil Kingsley

Behind her, an eyebrow approached the sky as she walked on by, showing off the little shorts beneath the skirt, but aside from that and a little smirk*, Neil chose not to reply. Silently, he wondered what the price would have been.

As she began what sounded like a story, his face resolved into a look of interest. He certainly had enjoyed the tale of Lord Fitzwilliam and his fall into what sounded like... vampirism. At the mention of the 'Niseag', Neil thought back into his European literature classes. His mind flicked from recollection to recollection until he was able to associate the word with something that meant something to him. "Nessie?" he asked with a wistful little smile. "I can't help but wish I could go see Loch Ness again."

A memory, from childhood, long past.

academics 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-01 15:10:18 Dr. Kingsley rolls 6 to Int+Academics to recall the Niseag (10 Again) 10, 3, 3, 1, 6, 7, 1 1 success

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Clare grinned at the packet of small fireworks she carried. It was a kind of silly thing, but she had totally felt the need to go somewhere and light things up.

Thus, the Lake. Hopefully water would make it safer. She opens up the the sparkler section first, slides one out, and lights it before walking closer to the water and grinning. Summer and Sparkles, there wasn't much better than that.

I did not expect you to be one who delved deeply into the historic-legend side of reality, Dr. Kingsley.” There was the smallest hint of ridicule in her voice, that passed quickly enough to go unnoticed.

Then she grinned, “That being said, we are here for the sights, the sounds, and the stories -- not to stand around like old fogeys.

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil chuckled. "Does having been to Loch Ness and seen the tourist information poster count?" Of course, he had a wider background in academic trivia than that, but he played it off.

He smirked, almost evilly. "And what sorts of sights and stories did you have in mind --" But his attention was suddenly drawn away, his voice cut off and his teeth grit together plainly to be seen, a small hiss escaping his throat. Fireworks. They were nearby. His Mekhet blood quivered in fear, and his eyes were plainly looking at the source.

And it was a familiar source. Clare Green. The woman he'd bought the painting for.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Clare looks up and notices a couple approaching, she squints, wonder who they are - and was that the guy who bought her that painting? Yeah, it's totally him. She Grins, waves her Sparkler, and shouts, "Heya Mr. Kingsley!"

Fire.

She froze, it was only a sparkler, not horribly bad considering. But for all it’s direct in-the-way-ness it was upsetting the serpent. The hiss that she heard was in her own ears as she viewed the arc of light and pushed her beast back into a contrived safety.

No sane person touches another with a sparkler. she thought as she tore her eyes from light to see the woman holding it. Please tell me that one is sane.

"You know her?" she managed after the words registered.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.