Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Yet another call

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Jack dials the number Animus gave him for Ruby, then waits for someone to pick up.

Wait, Ruby..? Jack thinks as he recalls the lecture he went to one night. Oh... shit... Gotta play this one a bit more delicately...

There is a click as the phone connects, and indistinct voices can be heard speaking on the line.

Slightly confused, Jack says, "Uh, hello?" He puts a finger to his other ear to close it so that he doesn't get distracted by anything occurring nearby.

There is the scratchy sound of phone fumbling. "Hello? May I ask who is speaking?"

"Hi. My name is Jack." Jack speaks a bit slowly, meaning every word he says and trying to tread carefully before mentioning the diseased. "Uh... I'm terribly sorry to interrupt whatever you were doing and to have to bring this topic up...

"But... Animus told me that you'd be better able to help me with the investigation Dr. Primoria reassigned to us that your late, mutual friend previously had concerning Sacramento's ley lines..."

Now, time to wait for the waterworks... Jack thinks in regretful anticipation.

"Uhhh... Jack..."
    "You're new, right? Hi."
    "There are... a lot of things we still haven't gone through. But I know, the line map project is a mess and it needs to get done."

The voice is punctuated by a deep, exhausted breath.

"We don't have the full report. It never came in, which means we're goin' to have to put together whatever field notes we can find."

"I just need a minute or two here, do you have a car?"

Jack opens an eye, then another. Hmm, either she's a tough cookie, she's already come to terms, or she was already dealing with stuff concerning him... In any case...

Jack speaks a bit more comfortably, "Yeah, I'm pretty new. I'm in a car with another... uh... new person who was also assigned to this investigation. Ummm... Where should we meet up?"

"Well, at least that saves us some trouble."
    "There's a place called Asia Garden Chinese Diner, it's off of East
    ((accurate, just slightly vague directions)) and I'll probably be out in ten minutes."

"Just... call again if you have trouble finding me. See you in ten?"

"See ya in ten, then. Bye." After waiting for a response to his farewell, Jack ends the call.

"Goodbye."

click

Closed Thread