Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Grabbing Some Grub (Private)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

April felt some relief as she found her car in the same condition she had left in, parked in the lot next to the Costco. She would've been furious if something would've happened to it. After all, the 1969 Dodge Charger was a family heirloom of sorts. Her dad had inherited from her grandfather shortly after graduating high school, and since she was an only child, April had earned the right to drive the old American classic when she graduated as her high school's valedictorian.

"Oh thank god!" she said, her mood improving now that they were out of the strange hospital. "So my car is here, and we all made it out in once piece." April smiled at both Lynx and Derevko as she said this.

"So how about that pizza?" she asked the scarred agent.

Jaeger was glad April was in good cheer having found her car. Yet heavy thoughts weighed down the agent's mind. Surveillance and concealed threats made his relationship with April a risk to her. Yet this was based on some theory of Derevko's, and he never did seem to like the two of them being together, always ready with some mocking commentary. Nah, that was way bellow Derevko, he'd never do something so petty. The cameras and thugs in suits though, had that been a coincidence?

Either way Lynx walked over to his own vehicle, the 1983 Toyota Cressida, right where he'd parked it, seemingly untampered. His body was feeling low on energy, and some food to fill his gut sounded like a good idea. "Yup, mine is here too. Pizza sounds good, you buying, Derevko?" he said smiling, trying his hand at a joke to mask his own melancholy.

K
    Kazakin

"Who said you were invited?" Derevko drawled, tucking the manilla folder inside his jacket. "I was pretty sure I said 'April, I'll buy you a pizza', not 'Jaeger, take my money'." He ran his tongue across his teeth, the bitter taste of his own rage rattling across his gorge.

"I suppose I can stretch to three, but you're getting anchovies." The scarred agent thumbed out his phone. "Also, I walked here. So in exchange for pizza, one of you two is giving me a lift back to my place. I have beer. Sound good?"

Derevko quite frankly didn't give a shit whether it sounded good or not. He didn't want either of them out of his sight, but he couldn't be in two cars at once.

April couldn't help but laugh. After all they had been through between the hotel and the hospital, it was good to hear Derevko riding on Lynx again. It meant, things were back to normal....at least for now.

"I can pitch in for the pizza if you like," she said to the scarred agent. "Also, I don't mind driving. I'm not much of a beer drinker, so I can be the DD if you all like." With those words, she offered both men a smile.

She was a little surprised that Derevko was inviting them over, for he didn't seem like the kind of guy that just invited people over to his place. Then again, he did need a ride and they all had things to talk about. April fished around her purse until she found her car keys, which she then pulled out and held in one hand.

"Are you all ready to go?" she asked, waving her keys around a couple of times.

Jaeger rubbed his chin thoughtfully at his partner's reluctance, "Yeah? Trying to stink up my breath for any particular reason?" Not that it wasn't already a smoke-flavored aroma, probably an improvement. April's light laugh rang like a chime in the night softening the agent's mood. "Hell, I might as well chip in too if that's how its going to be." Jaeger was kinda interested where old scarface hung his hat anyways.

"Yeah, let's head out then, no sense hanging around here all night."

K
    Kazakin

"Feh, don't worry about it. I am paying,"Derevko drawled. "I keep my fuckin' word." Oddly, he actually did. He rolled his eyes at Jaeger. "Nope. I just think it smells better than medically induced coma breath."

"You got a SatNav?" the scarred Agent added, glancing towards April. "My place isn't far from here." He headed towards the car.

April couldn't help but laugh at the exchange between the two agents, shaking her head a bit. After all, "boys will be boys" as they say. "I don't, but I've got something better," she said to Derevko with a grin as she pulled out her iPhone from her purse. "I've got a Mapquest app that should get us to where we need to go to." With those words, she climbed into the driver seat of her car and unlocked the doors.

"All you need to do is put your address into it," said April to the scarred agent as she waited for the two men to climb on aboard.

Hmm, I wonder if they'll fight over who gets shotgun too...

"Well I appreciate the gesture," Lynx says to his partner, replacing his tone with that of good cheer.

Lynx gravitated to the passenger door, reaching for the handle when April unlocked the door. He didn't expect Derevko to care about things like that. "Seems like everyone has a smartphone these days. What other gizmos you got on there?" he asked conversationally.

K
    Kazakin

"You might wanna not leave your car in the lot overnight, Jaeger," Derevko pointed out, as he put his address in the iphone. "Better not leave your stuff lying around after tonight, yeah? Or I can drive it.. if you two would rather be alone."

He didn't give a shit either way. It was somewhat more important to minimise the risk of conspiracy-like bullshit happening.

Lynx backed up from the door. Derevko was right, no sense leaving his car here. And as much as he'd rather be alone with April there was no sense being stupid about it. "Yeah, guess so. I'll just follow behind you then, April," he said casually masking his discontent. It didn't mean anything, leaving them alone together for a few minutes, right?

He fumbled in his pockets for his keys and headed over to his shitty car, unlocking it and turning the engine over experimentally and then giving them the 'ok'.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.