1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Sweet Dreams

Liar Liar
Apr 20, 2020 - May 14, 2020
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    K
    Karos

The sun hadn't topped the rockies yet, casting the mountains in a back-lit nimbus of pre-dawn sunlight. The mountains stood like quite sentinels in Karos's mind complete with their halo of dawning light, barring him from his past and everything he had ever known. Somewhere far beyond them was a home he might never see again. His instructors at the order had drilled into him that distance wasn't a static concept, but that didn't help lighten his heart any right now. He idly wondered if it ever snowed here in Sacramento.

He pulled his Cadillac STS into the parking lot of the Fruitridge shopping center and parked. He smiled to himself as Annie Lennox's voice came from the radio. "Who am I to disagree?", Karos quietly sang the line in tune with the radio for a moment. A cautionary look around confirmed that none of the shops had opened for business yet and he had the parking lot to himself. He sighed, and began the mental gymnastics needed to work a few preparatory spells. His tinted windows would provide him an added measure of privacy from any noisy sleepers while he worked. He whispered ancient words of power as he worked, helping him concentrate.
    Rolls

"Let's do this.", Karos muttered to himself and stepped out of the car and set the alarm. It was short walk from here to the Circle of Creation. Mantra's flowed through his mind as he walked, but even they didn't seem to completely dispel the nervousness he felt at making his introductions to the Epot. All too soon he found himself at the front door to the chapter house without even remembering the short walk here. With one final deep breath he pushed his sunglasses back into place, opened the front door and stepped inside, not really knowing what to expect.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Narration

The doors open to the entry, and the massive doors to the nave are open. Sunlight spills through the windows and consecrates visitors in golden, glowing tones. Aside from Karos, there seems to be only one visitor. Whispers of suggestion brush against Karos' Mental Shield, and entering the nave is like walking through curtains of supernal lace.

The lone man sits cross-legged near the front, wearing jeans and a t-shirt which says Twisted Texas Paintballon the back of it.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

K
    Karos

Karos took a moment to enjoy the majestic interior before him, his head slowly panned about and a smile crept onto his face. "A bit garish for my tastes, but certainly soothing. I like it.", Karos thought to himself. He would have to say one thing for these Sacramento types, they certainly had style. In short order his attention fixed on the lone man in the room and he strode toward him; the tapping of his shoes on the stone floor echoing in the cathedral and the musty smell common to almost all large and open rooms filling his senses.

Karos's came to halt several yards behind the man. "Excuse me, I'm looking for someone named Zilker. Can you help me?", spoke in low, soft tones tinged with his bostonian accent.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Karos heard a faint sigh, and the man leaned backwards on his arms until he was looking upside down at Karos. "He's driving his beat... you new?"

The man studied Karos for a few moments, then shifted forward and climbed to his feet.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

K
    Karos

Karos hesitated for a moment while he thought. An easy smile slowly split his face to cover the gap in conversation. He took a moment to study the odd man before him as well.
    Perception

"New to Sacramento, yes. I was told to speak with Zilker on helping me settle in, you are?", Karos spoke in an easy going manner with a hint of his bostonian accent.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Is this a Perception roll, or was it intended to be a Scrutiny for nature and/or spells?
    A Scrutiny (if that's what was intended) suffers a -3 Penalty.

Karos notes that the man is fit, but not muscular, like someone who runs or swims frequently. The way he rose from the seated position gave hint to remarkable athleticism and coordination, and his eyes seem to calmly take in everything, from the type of sole on Karos' shoes to the tensile strength of his sunglasses' arms.

From Karos' police background, he would guess the man has had extensive training, either in law enforcement, government agencies, or both.

K
    Karos

Just a general perception roll to try to gain mundane information on the man. A "cold reading" to use a phrase, size him up and look for clues on possible leverage.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"I'm West," he replies. "Ungala Draconis... we share this facility with the Visus Draconis."

"You said 'settle in'... are you staying here, or have a place?" he asked, after a moment. Karos gets the impression social niceties are not his forte.
    Nimbus

K
    Karos

Karos continues to flash his most charming smile, "I doubt I could find a better place. Would it be a problem if I stayed here for awhile? This is really something. Do you live here West?", Karos says with an appraising glance about the cathedral.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"You're not hitting on me, are you?" West asks, unsure of what to do with the man smiling at him and asking him where he lived. "I've got a girlfriend..."

The forthright manner in which he speaks and curious look leaves no doubt that he isn't asking as a joke.
    Nimbus

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.