Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Coffee and a Fight

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    E
    Ebon Reaper

As soon as the sun goes down, Ricardo makes his way to Temple Coffee House. It is always better to be early than to be late, he thinks to himself. On the way over, the Hispanic Ventrue makes sure that he'll look normal and be able to actually drink some of that coffee. Oh, the lengths we go to look human. Once the Mexican Lord gets there, he orders some coffee cup or other and begins reviewing some old texts.

-2 Vitae, one for Life's Reflection (Blush of Life + no Humanity Cap on Social Rolls) and the other to consume food and drink.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-23 00:57:15 Ricardo Rodriguez Reyes rolls 10 to Activate Life's Reflection (10 Again) 5, 7, 5, 2, 9, 4, 6, 3, 6, 2 1 success

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

Toby walks in a couple minutes after Ricardo arrived, in a very good mood after finding a great parking spot. Maybe luck is on my side she muses. She makes her way to the counter, ordering her usual Americano, and spots Ricardo. She was wearing jeans with a silver shirt under her leather coat, a medium sized bag hug over her shoulder. She figured she would change once they decided which gym they were going to. “Ricardo! Good evening, it's great to see you again.” She says with a smile as she approaches him.
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

E
    Ebon Reaper

Seeing October, Ricardo gets up. He automatically smiles and puts his phone away. If anyone else wanted to get in contact with him right now, they could wait. The monstrosity of a coffee that he ordered could also wait. Not that he had any intention of letting that sugar and caffeine mess get him hyper. "Good to see you again as well, Toby." As usual, Toby's soon to be sparing partner was wearing his casual attire: a shirt, leather jacket and blue jeans.

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

+1
    SL
    PRE

Taking a sip of her coffee, “How have you been?” she says, making a motion to the chairs. Once seated, she places her bag on the floor and pulls out her iPhone, setting it off to the side, ready to go over their gym options.
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

E
    Ebon Reaper

"I've been doing well. Work has been incredibly crazy, but I finally have some time off. How have you been?" Mostly to blend in, Ricardo took a sip of his coffee. The caramel was a nice surprise. Maybe he would order whatever this was again.

Once they finish exchanging pleasantries, he looks over at her iPhone. "Do you have some gym suggestions on your phone?" He didn't know what number iPhone it was nor if it had an S after that number, so he just called it a phone. I really should follow these trends more closely.

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I have been doing well, been trying to take more evenings off. Though I think going over lab tests and files from your home computer is still considered working.” She says with a shrug and a laugh.

Reaching for the phone, she unlocks the screen and shows him the names of gyms she found. “There is Prime Time Boxing, Sacramento Athletic League-Boxing Gym, 24 Hour Fitness on Florian with space and mats.” Looking at Ricardo, “They all came recommended by coworkers, though more seemed to enjoy the gym on Florian because there was not as crowded and was more quiet in the evenings.”

E
    Ebon Reaper

Ricardo laughs as well, but not for the obvious reason. "I know how that is. I have friends who are glued to their computers."

"May I?" Ricardo asks, indicating her phone. If she agrees, he leans over to take a look. "I like the sound of the 24 Hour once on Florian." Plus, I like the location. "We would probably get more use out of our memberships, given our busy schedules and I wouldn't want to be restricted to boxing." Once in a while, a grapple can be really good.

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It can be hard to tear yourself away at times."

When he asks to see her phone, "Of course!" she says and moves the phone so he can see it better. "That's a good point. I know it would be nice to have some place to go after a long shift and get my mind off work." she wasn't sure if she would or not, but it would be nice to have the option. Maybe running on the treadmill after work would be good for clearing her mind.

E
    Ebon Reaper

With at smile, Ricardo sips his caramel-mocha-something-or-other. "So, are you up for trying that one out? Let's not get an actual membership unless we both decide that we like it." Because just one of us getting one would be really awkward.

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

+1
    SL
    PRE

She looks at it again on her phone, a quick nod of her head, “I think so, it has what we are looking for, and something extra. And that is a good idea, give it a trial run before deciding.” She says with a slight glimmer to her eyes. “So I say we get going. Did we want to take one vehicle or two?” she asks, being fine either way.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.