Ended
Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
Rise With Me

Page 8 of 11 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last
    K
    Kazakin

Derevko's lips pressed together into a thinner line as he spotted the concealed item in the plant pot. Though he didn't know what it was off the top of his head without further investigation, he could certainly guess.

Gee, a concealed bit of plastic in a plant pot in the room of a hospital owned by an intelligence agency. Is that something like, oh, I dunno, a fucking listening device? Gee, a bug. Wow, that was completely fucking unexpected.

"Let's just sit down and wait for them to give us the fucking results, yeah?"

Jaeger was pretty sure that most hospitals had cameras nowadays, especially around exits and entrances, but knowing there were extra eyes on him didn't make the agent any more comfortable. It didn't necessarily mean Derevko's theory was right, right? Shit, why take extra risks, I'll go along with this until the results come back.

Jaeger didn't say anything, more obedient now that he'd embarrassed himself. He just walked over to a seat and planted himself squarely, leaning elbows on his knees.

I
    Irina

One of the Doctors strode into the waiting room, around forty-five minutes later. He smiled pleasantly to the two men, his customary clipboard in hand. "You'll be glad to know that your blood work came back normal; you and and the rest of your team is free to go home."

K
    Kazakin

"I need a medical sign off from your organisation for my SAC," Derevko said, his voice bland and bored, concealing a seething, concentrated frustration. Compared to a lot of people's perceptions, Derevko was actually shockingly level-headed. It was like in the brightness of his perpetual anger, he'd somehow found a sea of calm that let him avoid kicking over tables all the time.

"And I need the name of your team for my report," he added. "Not like I can just go up to him and go 'yeah, we got pulled out by some mystery men in black uniforms after I took down this knife-wielding maniac' without him thinking I've flipped the fuck out, yeah?"

Still a bit thrown off from the scuffle and with more to think about, Lynx holds his tongue when the doctor give him the 'ok'. He knew he was fine, he felt fine, other than the dizziness from earlier. He wondered if the others would be discharged soon, Adrian and April, and if that Ms. Stone would be too. Too many questions unanswered, it didn't sit right with him.

I
    Irina

"Of course," the Doctor smiled thinly. "We'll arrange the paperwork you need," he turned to leave, but paused at the door. "I'll let Miss Davenport join you. I'm sure you and your team are anxious to leave."

K
    Kazakin

"Thanks," Derevko said bluntly. "I appreciate that. Paperwork's a fuckin' bitch so I might as well get a headstart on it."

He supposed he should feel relieved that they were letting them go, but he also figured that there were a lot of reasons to do that, and he wouldn't feel fucking comfortable until he'd found out whether or not they'd bugged his fucking apartment.

Lynx's eyes shone with interest at the mention of April. It was hard to be suspicious of these doctors, they were doing everything to be cordial and professional and even satisfying concerns to put their patients at ease. It just put more doubt into his head. "Thanks," parroted Lynx in a level monotone. If he could find more evidence that there was real surveillance going on then it might be better if he put some distance between himself and April, at least for a while.

I
    Irina

The Doctor left - presumably to do what he said he would, and not take hours finding the paperwork, just to piss off Derevko further.

April wandered into the room several minutes later, and she looked pretty relieved to see them. From her vantage point at the door, she can see one of the surveillance cameras swivel around in her direction.

"So, do we get to leave now?"

2 successes on Perception for April
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-05-24 15:21:20 April Davenport rolls 6 to Perception (10 Again) 4, 2, 5, 9, 1, 8 2 successes

Lynx stood up as April was discharged but didn't run to her like he had in the curtained hospital beds. "Yeah, I'll have them call us a taxi, April, that can take us back to your car and mine at Cosco. Hopefully they're still there." Though maybe they've been broken into and searched for all he knew. Worst case they were towed and 'confiscated', that'd be hell for him to have to get around by public transit.

Derevko was waiting for his paperwork anyways so he walked over to the hospital desk and asked if they could call a taxi service for them. At the same time he checked his wallet to make sure his cash was still there. "How far away is Cosco from here?" Maybe they could walk, maybe they'd have to.

Page 8 of 11 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.