Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Where things were left off (ATTN: Nótt)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

PRE

(Continued from here)

Once he notices what Nótt was pointing out, Jack checks out the car.

"Aw, that's not that bad. The car I used t' drive around my hometown is 20 years old and still running. My dad took good care of it until my siblings and I started driving," Jack reminisces.

PRE

After getting to the passenger door, Jack turns around. He sees that Nótt seems to have frozen in place as he was approaching his car. With a brow raised confusedly, he walks back up to Nótt and waves his hand in front of his face.

"Uh, hello? Earth t' Nótt? Anyone in there?" Jack asks with a slight smirk, his brow still looking almost confused.

L
    Lankin

Jolting back to the present, Nótt looks around shortly as if to remember where he is. "Ah, yeah. Sorry 'bout that. Just memories."

He then brusquely walks over and unlocks the car and gets into the driver's seat. Avoiding Jack's eyes he adjusts the rear view mirror and checks everything, keeping busy. It's not until he's inserted the key and made to turn on the engine that he stops and almost waits. In a low voice he says, almost to himself

"Dad gave this car to us too, when we got older and he felt he could trust us with it. Me and my brothers. We were so happy to finally have wheels of our own. I'd forgotten that."

The engine rumbles fitfully to life at the turn of his hand, his eyes still slightly out of focus with the present day.

PRE

Glad to see that there was nothing pertinently wrong, Jack got in the passenger side. He still felt a little concerned for Nótt, until he remembered what they were supposed to be doing.

"Ah, right... Well, I guess since you're driving, I should probably call Animus... Though I tend to ramble in phone conversations, whereas you seem to be very succinct when speaking. Would you prefer to call him yourself, or have me call him?" Jack proposed.

L
    Lankin

Looking slightly sheepish now nott pulled out into the road, muttering "Well, err, I don't actually have a cell phone. I, well, can't afford one right now". At this point the tips of his ears seem to have gone slightly pink. "You go ahead and call".

PRE

"Oh... kay, then..." Jack mutters in a 'we're-gonna-regret-this' sort of way. He pulls out a relatively new-looking LG phone from his pocket, and grabs the offered sticky note with the number on it. He dials the number with the touch screen and presses 'Dial', then waits for the ring tone.

PRE

Jack clicks the end call button. Picking up the sticky note again, he says to Nótt with a hint of annoyance, "Well, apparently I have to call Ruby, now... Animus didn't really know much about it, and supposedly Ruby knows much more about the documents in their cabal."

Jack shrugs, then sighs and mumbles, "I hate bringing up sad emotions in people..." Finally, he dials the number Animus gave him for Ruby, though he acknowledges any reply that Nótt gives to this sentiment while waiting for Ruby to answer.

L
    Lankin

Strangely enough Nótt makes a wry sort of smile at this. "Bringing up sad memories? You try specializing in communing with ghosts. That's a whole new level of 'bringing back the sadness' as far as I'm concerned. But yeah, that sort of thing sucks."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Narration

Nótt passes a wrecker unloading a yellow VW Beetle as Jack makes his call. The smells of rust, tar, and ocean fill the car briefly.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

L
    Lankin

Commenting absent-mindedly, almost as if to himself, Nótt says "Can you see any ghosts on that car?" as they drive on past.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread