Ended
Watch

A Night at the Jazz Club

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    C
    Cross

The lighting was low in the smoky jazz club. It wasn't a particularly busy night, and a couple of waitresses in black cocktail dresses made their way around, taking drink orders. They smiled pretty for tips, and were always quite friendly. Most of the people in the club were sitting either in booths around the outside, or at tables arrayed before a small stage. There was a quiet buzz of conversation, and over it, music played.

On the little stage, raised about nine inches off the ground, were four men, dressed in trendy outfits, holding shining and polished instruments. A saxophone wailed a solo in the middle of a song as a quiet bassline and light swing beat underscored it. And then, the song shifted, segueing into the introduction for one of the singer's favorite songs. The audience clapped quietly as the drummer started a riff.

And there, at the front of the little stage, was James Calloway at the microphone, a crimson dress shirt on over black dress pants, shoes shining and face bright as the introduction lead him in. Taking a breath, he began to sing:

"Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars,
    Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars
    In other words..."

song!

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk had taken the night off, it was something that Alicia would find odd in the morning -- especially with her wonderful talent of kicking open the door when he was happily curled up with one of his bedmates. Instead of purposefully finding another to invite into the deeper reaches of Solace, he was sitting at one of the floor tables in a local Jazz club.

His clothes were dark, the only other adornments he was wearing were his silver thorn ear-weaves and the Mjollnir pendant around his neck. He was sitting slightly sideways, his long fingers absently teasing the glass in front of him as he listened to the music. His blue eyes on the gentleman singing.

Hmmm...

C
    Cross

The song came to a close a couple of minutes later, and James Calloway's bright smile flashed into view as the audience applauded. He took a brief bow and said, "Thanks very much, we'll be back later for another set!" into the microphone. He turned to the band, shook each of their hands, and stepped off the stage, heading up to the bar for a drink. A minute later, a Maker's Mark and a twenty exchanged hands. Filling his stomach with Vitae so that he could drink it, he took a long sip, swished, savored. Not bad, Conner.

He turned around and his eyes scanned the bar as he leaned on it.

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk snapped in appreciation, the singer was good, quite good -- and intriguing. His bright blue eyes followed the man as he left the relief of the stage and headed towards the back bar. After a moment of consideration he stood and walked towards the man. There was something familiar enough with his voice and the way that he walked that gave Dominyk the impression that he had seen him before.

He approached the performer when the he was struck by the sudden inspiration of their former meeting. He gave the man a grin, “Good evening, M’lord, you perform well, better than I could with music.” He passed a bill to the bartender and was rewarded with a Jack and Coke.

“And how was that book?” He was a Librarian after all, and sometimes the memory came in handy.

C
    Cross

Jim's head snapped up as a familiar gentleman made his way over and spoke to him. Looking at him for a moment, he realized he'd met this man before -- at the library! Yes! He grinned. "Thanks very much! It was a good book -- tonight's actually a bit of practice of some of the techniques in there!" He offered the man a friendly handshake. "Good to see you again, mate. Sadly, I didn't catch your name at the library -- I'm Jim Calloway."

k
    kimura

What had brought the young lady from her world into a part of the world that she'd never been to before was anyone's guess, but here she was standing in a 8986874-gothic-girl-in-black-dress-isolated-on-white-background.jpg as she looked around at the people inside not exactly sure what kinda of music was playing but it was music so, this place had to be pretty OK none the less.

As she walked into the establishment she mostly just stayed near the back just watching people as her curiousness was sated

Dominyk Prise

PRE

“Dominyk Prise.” He said shaking the man’s hand. “So this is just practice for you? What are you planning for your second set then?” He sipped his drink giving the singer his attention.

C
    Cross

Jim chuckled. "Oh, there'll be a few standards. Some more Sinatra, maybe I'll play some Sanborn on sax -- it depends on how the night goes."

His warm eyes scanned the room and saw the newcomer. A slight smile crossed his face, and he smirked, looking back over at Dominyk for a second. "Although, I'm always one to take requests..."

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Well, if you’re intending to do more Sinatra, how about Witchcraft?” he asked before following the gentleman’s gaze over to the gothic-dressed girl in near the door.

He shot the girl a smile, before turning back to the Jim. “See anything you like?

C
    Cross

Jim's lips turned slightly upward. "Witchcraft... a good choice."

His eyes locked with Dominyk's. He didn't answer the question. He simply quirked an eyebrow with a smirk. "Do you, Mr. Prise?" Playful.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.