A Night at the Jazz Club

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Michael finds himself nodding politely with slightly glazed eyes as a torrent of words spills out of Kiko.

This girl sure likes to talk. I wonder if she left Japan because of her desire to meet new people rather than live in a new country.

Somehow, all this talk reminds him of that episode of Friends he watched when he was still alive.

Ross: I was the James Michener of dirty talk. It was the most elaborate filth you have ever heard. I mean, there were different characters, plot lines, themes, a motif... at one point there were villagers.
    Joey: Whoa! And the... uh-huh?
    Ross: Well, you know, by the time we'd finished with all the dirty talk, it was kinda late, and we were both kind of exhausted, so...
    Joey: ...you cuddled.
    Ross: Yeah, which was nice.

He finds himself somewhat relieved when he hears that the girl is about to leave. Not that he doesn't enjoy her company, but he feels that it's a bit too much for him right now. After all, tonight was supposed to be devoted to celebrating his getting into one of the most prestigious research groups in the world, not entertaining Kine. However, some more socializing wouldn't hurt.

"Of course, Miss. Let me walk with you." - he smiles turning to the remaining Gangrel. - "Excuse me for a moment, please."

k
    kimura

Kiko once more slightly bowed to the remaining patrons that were with her as she walked off with Michael "Thank You Sir. I think I was getting on some peoples nerves and that's not my intention, I can't help being me, the best me there is" she smiled some as the headed towards the door.

[] Kiko exits the scene []

**Also Michael you hit the nail on the head. She's shy but loves to meet new people. Of course given her nature, she's bound to either want people to duct tape her mouth shut OR just listen Also thank you all for the very fun scene I had a blast ^_^**

C
    Cross

"Ah, good night, miss. It was a pleasure to meet you." James smiled as Dr. Redfill walked Kiko to the door, leaving just him and his Priscus at the table. He leaned in with a grin as the little librarian headed for the door. "On second thought... perhaps we've had enough to drink tonight?" he asked quietly to Dillon with his good-natured grin on his face. "I know I could use a bite before I have any more." The implication was clear. The Taifa didn't need to waste any more blood. He was hungry. They'd had some tonight. Their cover was in place.

I'd like to suggest we close this scene down soon. It's been very enjoyable, but it seems to be coming to its natural conclusion...

C
    Cross

Thank you all for the wonderful scene! It's been 48 hours without anybody posting, so Jim is going to exit. Looking forward to the next one!

As Jim said his last, the band finished their penultimate song and the drummer and bass player gave Jim a pointed glance. The Taifa grinned and said, "Ahh! Dillon, they need me up there for the finale. Gotta earn my keep," he said with a little wink. He didn't know how Dillon earned his cash, but ultimately, tonight James was on the clock. His socialization had been on the breaks, but now it was time to sing. "Thanks so much for coming out tonight!"

As he strolled up up, a big smile on his face, a jazzified number came on for the finale:

The Man with the Golden Gun

The exciting, swung adaptation of the theme from the iconic 007 movie started by the band, and James grabbed the microphone. The song had been put into a tenor range for him, and as the introduction came on, he said into the mic, "Hope you're all having a great time tonight!" There was applause. They'd done a fair job this evening as a house band. Now it was time to call it a night.

The Taifa began to belt into the mic with intensity:

"He has a powerful weapon, he charges a million a shot
    An assassin that's second to none, the Man with the Golden Gun
    Lurking in some darkened doorway, or crouched on a rooftop somewhere
    In the next room, or this very one, the Man with the Golden Gun

Love is required whenever he's hired, it comes just before the kill
    No one can catch him, no hitman can match him for his million dollar skill
    One golden shot means another poor victim has come to a glittering end
    For a price, he'll erase anyone, the Man with the Golden Gun!"

James Calloway leaves the scene.

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk returns to the table with Martha, “Thank you for that, Lady Miss Martha. But I’m afraid I have an early morning, I wish you well.

Dominyk has left the scene (officially)

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Michael smiles at Kiko's words:

"Not at all, Miss Kiko. You're are an interesting person and also conscious of your own character. This is quite a rare sight these days. I look forward to meeting you again, have a good night."

After returning to the table, he bows with an apologetic smile:

"Miss Villiers, I hope your walk was satisfactory. Unfortunatly, I have to run: my european collegues just texted me to say they want to speak about my plans. Can't miss that on the first day of the job. I bid you good night, Dillon, Miss Villiers. Say goodbye to Jim for me."

Michael exits the scene

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Glad that he didn't have to waste any blood to keep up appearances by drinking more, Dillon smiles faintly at the reappearance of Martha Villiers ( Chrisie ), and looks up to give Domynik a polite farewell, only to see the man walking away. For all the Gangrel had tolerated tonight, he had to put up with rudeness from a walking sack of living blood as well. His features darken with a momentary scowl.

Smug little prick.

Looking back to Martha, his features soften somewhat, and his hazel gaze gently explores the tiny lady to be sure of her well being. And wondering slightly at her tastes. Dillon's voice is quiet, and unusually defeated. "Are we ready to leave now, ma'am?"
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was all awash with many thoughts and feelings and had arrived back with eager eyes. Desperate to talk to people and say hello and enjoy the rest of the night.

A nod to Mike...and wave farewell to Dominyk.

It had been a busy night.

"Leave?" she said, slightly surprised..."Very well, sir...I just wish to say good evening to people and offer help to Miss Kiko!" she nodded obediently. Hastily she said her sincere good evenings to everyone and carefully left Kiko with a telephone number to contact her should she, Kiko that is, require help in the big bad city of Sacramento. A city Martha was certain held bad things in store for Kiko unless she had a friend to help...and Martha wanted to at least offer to help.

Applauding Jim and his singing, smiling, Martha gathers her things and makes ready to leave with Dillon.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.