Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Letters and Tea

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Ruby grimaces apologetically and raises the phone to her ear as she steps toward the bathroom.

"Hello? May I ask who is speaking?" She speaks quietly, but only so as not to disturb the other customers.

"Ahhh... Jack... You're new, right? Hi." -ugh- She'd nearly forgotten about the ley lines. Did she ever get Theo's report? He'd probably never finished it.
    Today was too emotional, Ruby brings two fingers to the bridge of her nose to alleviate a rising headache.
    "There are... a lot of things we still haven't gone through. But I know, the line map project is a mess and it needs to get done."

She breathes deep, a long exhausted pause.

"We don't have the full report. It never came in, which means we're goin' to have to put together whatever field notes we can find." Those notes has better be in his apartment.
    She looks over to Kyle, it would be awful if she had to leave him now.
    "I just need a minute or two here, do you have a car?"

... nodding...

"Well, at least that saves us some trouble," she says without relief.
    "There's a place called Asia Garden Chinese Diner, it's off of East ((accurate, just slightly vague directions)) and I'll probably be out in ten minutes."
    "Just... call again if you have trouble finding me. See you in ten?"

... a world of responsibilities comes crashing back down on her, time doesn't wait for the departed...

"Goodbye."

Hanging up, Ruby returns to the table. The festive placemats are now waterlogged with spilled tea, dreams newly choked with tears.

"Kyle, I'm goin' to have to leave in a bit but I can sit just a few minutes more. Think it's best if we just talk... talk while we can."

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

While Ruby was away, Kyle called their server over and handled the check and acquired some take-out containers for his food.

The girl was kind enough to take away the napkins Kyle had needed while Ruby was away.

Two Fortune Cookies sit on the end of the table, wrapped in shiny red paper with Chinese characters embossed on them in gold foil.

Kyle nods at Ruby. "Was he buried locally, or was he sent home?" He gestures at the cookies. "Please, take one."

Ruby accepts the cookie, but doesn't unwrap. Plastic crackles slowly between her fingertips. "I'm very sorry dear, he's been put to rest already. I wish we'd known earlier so we could have told you," is all she says.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Just an FYI, my guys are waiting on Ruby
    Will they 'arrive' here, or begin a new thread?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Ruby must likely step outside and join their thread.

Looking at the time, Ruby balks.

"I'm so sorry Kyle. I have to go now. I wish I had more time."

"Forgive me."
    She stands and prepares to go.

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

Kyle nods, seeming to understand. "If I need to contact you, what number would I call? I doubt that I could find you under Ruby in the phone book after all."

"Actually, may sound strange, but I am. As I remember, my number's listed in my name under 'small business'. It'll put you through to my studio."

Although no address is listed.

"And feel free. Really. Goodbye Kyle."

Reluctantly, she withdraws from the table and exits the diner.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread