Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
211 - 215
DISPLAYED
Avalon En Masse

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 22 of 22 First ... 12 18 19 20 21 22
    F
    FreshCK

"I came to practice medicine, of course. I've got plans for a small clinic and blood bank, and aside from that I was something of a doctor-for-hire in LA. Sort of like a medical Robin Hood; over-billing he rich to heal the poor."

Quietly he adds to himself, Oh, and my sire is a sociopath out to sabotage me. I almost forgot to mention. He doesn't let the thoughts show, though, just keeping a charming smile on his face.

"I heard about the plague you had here a while back and all the Kindred it killed so I figured my expertise might be welcome as well. Has anybody started a scientific investigation of that by the way?"

Heathcliff thought of the nice, seemingly philanthropic, pretty boy Doctor Grey working side by side with Doctor Lazarus, and wondered if he could pitch it as a sitcom. He dismissed the errant thought and smiled genuinely at Braxton. "Of course, Doctor Grey. Though I'm certain your assistance would be greatly appreciated. I will speak with the person leading the investigation and have him contact you directly."

Heathcliff puts on his official voice, looks back at the document, and prepares himself to speak again. It really is rather unpleasant to be subjected to Heathcliff's monotonous, nasal voice drone on and on..."Doctor Grey, here are the laws set forth by our Prince, Asa Clarke, who is also the leader of your covenant here in Sacramento:

'The Traditions
    The Three Traditions will be kept in full.
    - Should any servant, Thrall, or Childe Breach the Masquerade, both criminal and Regnant shall feel the Prince's displeasure.
    - Childer shall not be Sired without the permission of the Prince.
    - Any Regnant will take full responsibility for their Thralls as they would Childer.
    None who have committed the Amaranth shall be welcome.

Presentation & Acknowledgment
    Any Kindred entering the Domain will present themselves to the Prince or His Seneschal within One Week of arrival.
    • Prisci or Covenant leaders shall be considered equally responsible by proxy for Presentation of their charges.
    • None shall Feed within the Domain without being Acknowledged.
    His Majesty will levy his displeasure on any who fail to respect Him with this courtesy, or any who would hinder or seek to charge Boons to facilitate Presentation.

Personal Domain
    None may destroy or violate any Haven so long as it's Owner is in Good Standing, Obeys the Laws, and Respects His Majesty.

The Blood Hunt
    Only the Prince or His Seneschal shall call the Blood Hunt.
    • His Majesty shall expect all Kindred of the Domain to participate actively and willingly until such time as the Blood Hunt is concluded.

Right of Destruction
    Only The Prince may grant the Right of Destruction.
    • The Prince shall levy His displeasure upon any who would inflict the Final Death upon another, or destroy, incapacitate, or abduct a Responsible Regnant's Thrall.
    The Prince shall grant the Right of Destruction in observance of Monomacy, with the following stipulations;
    • That His Majesty be given One Week notice should He wish to attend;
    • That each participant will have a Witness and that Witness present themselves immediately upon conclusion to the Prince to offer Testimony.

Treason
    Treason will be thus defined, and suffer the full measure of His Majesty's displeasure: Violation of allegiance toward His Majesty, His Property or His Will, especially in the acts of waging war, actively or passively, or by consciously and purposely acting to aid His Enemies.

Etiquette
    Kindred shall show their Respect by appearing at Court.
    • Failure to appear to two Courts in succession will result in the revocation of Acknowledged status.
    None shall harass His Majesty.
    • Should any find themselves in His Presence, they will keep a respectful distance, not approaching unless welcomed.
    • All petitions and requests must be submitted to the Seneschal for approval and discretion in scheduling.
    • The only exception shall be if His Majesty finds himself under duress. In such circumstance any and all available Kindred are expected to render aid.

Inconcessus
    The Prince has forbidden the Feeding upon, Ghouling, Killing, or otherwise Interfering with the following Kine of the Domain:
    • Law Enforcement
    • Firefighters
    • Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs)
    • All Hospital Employees
    His Majesty has been greatly offended by the Blood of the Kallisti, and their presence is Forbidden within the Domain.
    Any who shall not abide by these Restrictions will feel His Majesty's displeasure.

Nota Bene
    Should the Prince make His will known, all are expected to respect it.
    • The Prince shall inform Clan and Covenant leaders of any such announcement, and they will propagate that message.
    • The Prince shall make his will known in written form at all Elysia.
    • After One Week, all Kindred shall be expected to be aware of His Majesty's will, and respect it.'"

When he has finished, Heathcliff writes down both Olivette and Twist's names and phone numbers, then hands the paper to Braxton. "Here is the contact information for your Priscus, Twist, and the Prince's ghoul. Should you require his attention regarding any covenant matters, I am confident that she can assist you. Please write your number down for me before you leave; I fear my time tonight is limited, but I would like to arrange to speak with you personally in the near future. Now, do you have any questions for me?"

F
    FreshCK

He's slightly disappointed that someone's already working this plague thing from a medical angle. What are the odds, after all, of two vampire doctors in one domain? Braxton reaches into his coat pocket and produces one of his business cards for Staley; subtle off-white color, tasteful thickness, it even has a watermark. He's quite proud of the new cards.

"That's got my number, I definitely look forward to hearing from you. I can't think of any pertinent questions. Unless by chance you know of a building suitable for a rather good-sized medical clinic? Anyway, thank you for your gracious welcome."

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

Heathcliff takes the business card and kindly, but firmly, ushers Dr. Gray out of the office. "I may indeed know of a building suitable for such a conversion, but I will have to check my files to tell you with any certainty. You can expect to hear from me soon. Take care, Doctor Gray." He flashes another small smile at the young vampire.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

End Scene
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 22 of 22 First ... 12 18 19 20 21 22
Closed Thread