Nicole stretched her arms over her head; enjoying the last pose of her yoga routine. As she straightened up from her position on floor of her apartment; she noticed that she had left her laptop on. Woops.

She crossed the room to her computer desk and folded herself into her chair; logging into her Network Zero account. She had promised Mike that she wouldn't drop off the face of the world; after all. To her old cell; the 'world' was this web site. It used to baffle her; but now she just accepted it. It had been what had opened her eyes; after all. Perhaps they all felt like Lightkeepers now; adding thier own little insignifigant bits to the pile; hoping someone out there could discern the kernals of what they needed to survive.

'World's still spinning.' ' White Rabbit' typed to Mike - 'Daredevil' - in a private message. "Working on a missing person case... but he's not missing any longer, sadly. We found his body in a no - tell motel. Makes me worried thats how 20% of us are going to end up one day.'

Nicole paused to form her next sentence; typing out.
"Have you heard anything about someone named ' John Dennison'. Might only be local; but here's hoping you might be able to Google - fu something. We think he may have killed Michael Leech; but we're still looking for leads.'

'Rabbit to Alice," She sent a message to her only sister; the play on code names still bringing a smile to her face. Kristen had signed on as Alice; for Alice in wonderland. As the one who'd inadvertantly led Alice into the Network; she'd subsequently changed her own display name to 'White Rabbit'.

'Just checked in with the guys in the old nieghborhood. Wish you would tell me more about this new group your running with. It would be safer if you gave me thier log on names, sis.' Even when she meant well; she seemed to harp on her younger sister. She made an effort to pull back.

'Thinking of asking Daredevil about that camera he was working on. It seemed like crazyness; but he just submitted a picture of his last find- and it actually shows up. I'm not sure if I should be excited or worried. You know about his tunnel vision... last thing we need is for him fuddling with aperture settings when something big and hairy -"

Nicole stopped typing; her mind going back to a dark night in an alleyway; where her foot steps were the only thing she had heard before she had went air bourne. No. Back space. Tap Tap Tap...

'You know how proud he must be,' She amended. ' - he's proud of you, too, kid. We saw that account of stalking a vampire that you put up last month. You must have picked an o.k. team. Just remember to log on for more than to post your last log. We worry about you.'

Nicole sent the message and remained seated a moment; as though her sister would automatically know to log on and check her messages. She sighed as she checked Kristen's last log on date - six days ago. Nicole would actually have to call her; but she couldn't be as free with her words on the phone. The safeguards of the site at least made her type slightly more exspansively.

She shut down her computer and reached for her phone. Some times you had to make time for the people in your life; and Nicole felt that more sharply in the middle of a case like this.