Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Sushi Restaurant - Lynx & April

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Lynx may have said 'a bit' in his description of his ETA but he hadn't counted on trying to drag up the memory of his drunken night out with April ( Jag ). He remembered a lot of good bits after hitting her bed, and then a killer headache the next day. He cruised idly in his gray Toyota, examining the apartment complexes. No, not that one...the front door was blue, wasn't it? He stopped when he thought he had the right place and walked up to the door.

"Let's see here...Davenport...Davenport," he mumbles to himself as he browses the list of names by the buzz-in intercom switch.

He was wearing his usual gray trenchcoat over a casual black suit. He even had a tie on for the occasion.

Shortly after hanging up the phone, April ran to her closet and began to rummage through her clothes as she looked for something to wear that evening. She didn't want to wear too fancy of a dress, like she had on the night at the bar when she met Lynx for the first time. After all, there was no need to be overdressed for the occasion, and doing so would even be a little tacky. On the other hand, she wasn't just gonna throw on a pair of jeans and a cute t-shirt either. They were going out for dinner after all, so the occasion called for something a little less casual than that.

Decisions, decisions...need to figure out what I'm going to wear soon!

Finally she picked a cute dress that was perfect for the occasion. It wasn't too flashy, but it was a much better choice than a jeans and t-shirt combo. Pleased with her pick, April ran to the bathroom and took a marathon shower. Once out she put on the dress as she checked the time, figuring she still had a few minutes before Lynx showed up she did a simple make up job and sprayed just a hint of perfume on her bare neck.

He should be here any minute now...

Dress

Locating the buzz intercom, Lynx pressed it in which he imagined made a noticeable noise in her apartment room. He waited patiently, hands in his pockets, rolling along his heel idly. It was still early enough to see the twilight on the horizon which turned the cloudline an orange and purple hue, slowly dimming to bring in the night. Lynx wasn't sure if she was going to buzz him in or if she'd come down herself. Probably the latter.

As she heard the buzzing sound of the intercom, April rushed towards it, grabbing her purse from her bed as she made her way into the kitchen/living room area of her studio apartment.

"Hey, I'll be down in a sec," she said into the device as she pressed the button that let her talk to whoever was outside. Of course there was no doubt in her mind that it was Lynx. She rushed back to the bathroom and applied some crimson lipstick, smacked her lips a couple of times and then made her way out of the apartment.

After a few minutes she was making her way out the front door, offering a little smile to the agent. "So are you ready for some sushi?" she asks in a slightly teasing tone. "I hope you didn't have much trouble finding the place, since you weren't exactly sober the last time you came over." April gives Lynx a little wink and then lets out a soft laugh.

"Yeah, sure thing, April," replied Lynx through the intercom, though he wasn't sure if she had heard him since he didn't have a button on this side. He leaned against the wall and debated having a cigarette while he waited but she said she'd be right down so he'd nix it for now. When she stepped out his eyes went wide looking at her, "Wow," he said with a grin curling at the corners of his lips, "you're quite the looker, you know that?" It was just regular evening-wear but Lynx was always amazed about how pretty April was, and seeing her in a different outfit was like meeting her all over again. Right, sushi... "Oh yeah, I'm ready and raring," he said and laughed along with her. "Yeah, I might've taken a little longer than I thought getting here but at least there's still light out..."

He turned and began to gesture at the cloudline which in the few minutes he had been waiting had lost its orange hues. "Oh, darn, just missed it." Instead he walked her to his car and opened the passenger seat for her. He had cleaned up the cigarette ash off the floor and dashboard and wiped down the seats so there wasn't grit between the creases. Still, it smelled like it had seen quite a few years, but it was all he had going for him until he saved up enough.

April gave him a little wink as response to the compliment. "Thanks," she said to Lynx. "You aren't all that bad yourself, with that whole mysterious detective thing you've got going." She let out a little chuckle and then followed him to his car.

While he was no Brad Pitt, Lynx definitely had a charm of his own. There was something about him that April definitely found attractive; maybe the idea of dating a federal agent, who finds himself in dangerous situations as part of his daily work routine, was just exciting and new to her. Whatever it was, she was willing to give him a second chance after he hadn't called after the first night they spent together. If that weren't the case, she wouldn't have agreed to dinner.

"Don't worry, we can catch the sunset another time," she says to him with a smile before climbing on to the passenger seat.

Well, it was his only look, but if it ain't broke don't fix it. And the way she flirted with him was so cute he couldn't help but feel the blood rise to his cheeks. Shutting the door Lynx swung around to the driverside and got behind the wheel. The engine turned over after a little persuasion and they were off down the street towards downtown. The place he had in mind was on J Street. There were a lot to choose from but it was the only one he knew had decent parking. He didn't want to get caught finding a spot all night. Lynx decided to make some conversation since his radio didn't work, "So what've you been up to lately, April? I headed to the bar the other night with Derevko and didn't see you." The night he probably should have called her...

"Well you know," she says as she turns to look at him. "School, looking for some part time work, same old thing." She really did need to find some work, because living off her savings would only go so far. The money she made tutoring undergrads wasn't bad, but that would only go so far. "You know, I haven't stopped by the Spiral since that evening. I mean, with the whole thing with the cranky bartender pulling a shotgun and all...yeah, I figured I'd be better off trying out other sports," she says in response to his comment about spending some time there with his partner.

April gives a little shrug and then adds, "it's an interesting spot I guess; it's got a little mystery to it...so I may stop by some other night."

Lynx had to agree the place sort of grew on him. But it wasn't really the place to party and have a good time, it was more of a place to get away from the pressures of the city and forget things you'd rather not remember. Or maybe it was just a place to meet some of the more interesting characters the city had to offer.

"Yeah, well we'll see. Not much happened that night anyways. Nothing requiring a shotgun anyways. Either way sushi is a much better option for now. So what sort of places are you looking for work? Are you relying on school loans right now?" It was the sort of question that wasn't really any of his business, but he couldn't help but be curious what her situation was like.

"Well, I'm glad I didn't miss out on much then," she says and then lets out a soft laugh. "And sushi is definitely the better option right now...I've been craving it for days now!" April offers him a quick smile, not trying to distract him too much from the road.

"Well, I've been doing some tutoring for the undergrads at school," she says in response to his question. "So between that and the money I have saved, I've been able to manage so far." She takes a brief pause, remaining silent for a moment as she realizes that she really hadn't put too much thought into what she'd end up doing after she finished with her Master's.

"You know, it's tough to get a job that is both interesting and pays well...especially for part-time work," she says as she considers what options she has. "I guess I could always do some bartending or something of the sort."

It would help with the bills at least...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last