Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Spiral VII

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    I
    Irina

The Spiral's a bar that pretty much everyone's heard of, and no one knows anything about. There's too many stories for it to be real; one guy says there's a European Human Trafficking ring running out of there one week, next week it's a group of people running flesh for NAMBLA, next it's illegal firearms, and the week after that, maybe the Hook-Handed Killer showed up and showed 'em all a thing or two. The truth's a lot more mundane and a lot less interesting.

It's a bar, with wooden panelled walls and a scarred old guy, who looks like every other scarred bartender with a shotgun under the counter. The people who come here tend to be the people who want to get drunk. The booze swings between okay and paint-thinner, but at least it helps you sleep at night after a couple of shots.

Hunters know it as a meeting point between cells, a place where you can slip down to the basement if the bartender knows you, and trade a bit of info or get a little no-questions-asked surgery.

Mortals know it as a Goddamned dive where you can get a quiet drink without anyone really paying attention to it. Either way, it's a good enough place to meet new people.

How this works

Bandit comes through the door, he had visited a pawn shop recently to browse through their inventory. He had been looking for ratty journals/logs/dairies, he did find a rolled up map of a floor for canceled building project and as he did want to take a look at them, he figured he would bring them to the Spiral, hoping a table was free. He does pause a moment to glance about the bar before moving up to the counter.

Resting the rolled floor plan against the counter, he takes out his pad and writes, A light beer, please. He holds it up for the Old Man to read while he as his other hand resting upon the counter, he waits for a price before going for his bundle of bills. Not busy tonight it seems. He thinks as he counts out the single dollar bills when given a total.

K
    Kazakin

Derevko strolled into the bar and slung himself down in the same seat he always sat in. It was dead tonight, which suited him just fine. He preferred it quiet. When it was busy, it got all... public. The scarred Agent wanted a Goddamn quiet life, sometimes. It would have been fucking nice if life had always been quiet.

He was still sore from the last time he'd seen his ex-wife-but-not-ex-lover. It was complicated.

She'd raked his back until he bled, and it had been good.

If only there was nothing else around it- no Erik, no fucking Phil, no history, it might have been perfect.

Fuck it. He needed to get laid. With someone who wasn't Grace.

Shame there weren't a lot of women stupid enough to sleep with someone who looked like they'd been slammed straight through a plate-glass window.

Jennifer Hazelton

Diane steps into the bar and glances around for a beat. She was sure that Kate said she would be here; but she isn't put off. She steps up to the bar , choosing a seat between Bandit and Derevko. She then places her wallet on the counter; turned up so her I.D. is visible to the Old Man. She's been in a few times; but is pretty sure the Old Man doesn't know her from Eve.

As the brunette waits for the Old Man to drift over; she glances at the man to her left, Bandit, and the scarred man to right. She pulls her eyes from the scarred man; attempting not to be rude.

Bandit glances over to Diane, she seems familiar to him and writes, Have we been introduced before? He holds it up and pretty much waits for Diane to respond.

Jennifer Hazelton

Diane reads Bandit's pad and pins him with a puzzled expression. "Yeah; like a few nights ago. What; am I that forgettable?"

She eyes Bandit, clearly recalling their meeting and puzzled why he doesn't.

Bandit sighs while writing his reply and holding it up, Sorry, it seems that time is flying for me. I've been rather busy, Diane.

K
    Kazakin

Derevko glanced across at the newcomer, frowning faintly. He'd seen her around before, but he wasn't sure what a girl like that was doing in a place like this. Good looking, young, sort of naive...

Why would anyone do that? His mind freewheeled. Sure, she could just be really fucking dumb. But that was the thing- someone that fucking stupid would be dead, surely? They'd have forgotten to breathe, or something... at some point. He scratched his scarred chin as he lit a cigarette and took a drag, before sauntering over.

Well, there probably was an answer, really. He'd just thought of two.

Either the girl was a hooker, looking for a trick, or she was trying to make people think she was a hooker. He had worked Vice before. He remembered how to pick them out. Organised crime? Maybe.

"Nice evening, huh?"the ex-cop drawled, blowing out a cloud of smoke. "Don't worry about staring. Everyone does it. Must be my amazing looks."

Jennifer Hazelton

The brunette swivels in her stool slightly as Derevko walks over. She regards him openly as he addresses them; not shy now. Hey, he's initializing conversation; which to her, opens someone up to scrutiny.

"I thought the evening was going kind of crappy," She responded. "- I'm killing time here. "
    She skips the looks reference. She isn't sure how to play it off yet; she doesn't know this guy well enough. She's seen him often enough; and wonders if the Old Man would throw her out for pissing him off. She's been studying him all this time and decides to keep the conversation going.

"Diane," She introduces herself; hoping politeness would dictate the same. It was a thin hope- this was the Spiral. "-do you know Bandit?"

Bandit mentally sighs, last time he attempted to start a conversation, he only aggravated the man. He writes, We had an encounter.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.