Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 17
DISPLAYED
Hey, Bobby! (@ Police Station)

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Frank shakes Steele's hand. "Nice to meet you, Doctor. Sacramento Detective Frank Rizzo, Homicide, Retired. Now I work as a Private Investigator." Frank takes the ID out of his wallet and shows it to the young man. "Why don't you let me take a look at your mystery photograph?"

He looks at the private investigator license for a second before handing it back. Looks legit. Steele brings the arm holding his briefcase upward while his other hand taps the front. "I got it right in here. How about we take a seat somewhere and I'll tell you what happened?"

"Sure. I should warn you, there's no privacy in a building full of cops. You still want to talk here, or over a late lunch?" The word 'lunch' happens to be the cue for Frank's stomach to rumble its vote.

"Sounds good. Have a place in mind?" Tom replies. His stomach also rumbles at the mention of food; after a whole day of paranoid working the young attorney hadn't eaten all day.

"How about Dagwood's? They've got decent sandwiches," he suggests as he slowly makes his way to the exit, an obvious invitation for the Doctor to follow. No way Frank was taking his prospective client to Delmar's, though. The sanctity of cop joints and Blue Bars are sacred.

"I'm parked out here. You drive over?" the old man asks.

Tom follows the older gentleman out to the parking lot. He stops for a moment at the entrance with the metal detector to pick up his checked firearm. "I'm new to the city, so I'm not too sure where Dagwood's it. I'll follow behind you though." He starts to walk toward his car across the lot.

At least I have my firearm back...

Frank stops and waits for Dr. Steele to reclaim his weapon. Huh. Wouldn't have taken him for a gun nut. In the parking lot, he points out the nasty old tan Dodge. "That's me. You're new to the city, huh? Well, take it from me, young man. You want to be careful in Sacramento. Lotta weird shit goes on here. I worked Homicide until a few years back." He may be repeating himself, he's not quite sure. Age does that to you. "That piece you got there's a good start, but it's no substitute for keepin' your head down." He nods to indicate the gun. "Alright, follow me, Doctor Steele." Frank heads off towards his car.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2