Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    M
    MrBrightside

Sitting in the basement of The Spiral, Alex lights a cigarette and stares at his watch. He had sent text messages to Gregory ( RobbyL9 ), Nicole Port and Rafe ( Lorique ) asking that they meet here to discuss a few matters. He didn't particularly know them that well, but things needed to happen and they needed to happen now.

Ever since the shootout, Alex has been on edge. His glock was resting happily at the bottom of the Sacramento River. He'd bought a replacement with a silencer to match. The gun weighed on his side and the silencer in his pocket. Next time, no one will hear a thing. He had yet to go pick up his car for fear of detection and at night he was sleeping in his basement. That was stupid and messy. What was I thinking?

As he waits, Alex knows one thing, he has to make a choice tonight. Leave town or kill on his home turf. Neither are ideal options, but it is an inevitability. Fight or flight. He is irritated to say the least and so he smokes and waits for those involved to come give their opinions before he makes his choice.

Jennifer Hazelton

Nicole entered the Spiral and purchased a Sam Adams beer before heading down to the basement. Tonight she wears a long sleeved navy blue shirt, jeans and a leather jacket that could conceal the telescopic baton up her sleeve.

"Hey Alex." She greets as she takes a seat; taking a long drink from her beer. She looked long at the man; determining how he was faring. Not knowing him well enough to determine that; she cuts to the chase.

"How did you sleep?"

For herself; she had found sleep elusive the night before, and wasn't shy about stating so.

"I didn't sleep well. I am wondering who left that bloody message on the wall..."

L
    Lorique

Rafe came down the stairs a few minutes later looking like someone just shot his dog. He grumbled something inaudible and looked at the two people in the room. "Well here's two happy faces..." he sighed and put down the beer he picked up upstairs, then reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. Unfolding it, he cleared his throat reading out loud "'You' - thats me by the way 'are hereby summoned to appear before the board to directors answer questions as to why you have been working on medical equipment for the field, in stead of the AX375 as you were ordered'" he opened his beer and smiled at the others "Thats 6 months of research into life saving equipment busted, because they don't want something that saves lives, just something that takes it."

He took a drink of beer, and sat down. "So whats up with you?"

R
    RobbyL9

Arriving once more at the Spiral, Gregory felt renewed and ready from their close call at the motel. However, somewhere in the back of his mind, he couldn't help feeling that initial sense of emptiness creeping upon him from having killed their attackers and failing to save Leech. If he had been given the option, Gregory might have asked Nicole if she would have minded him coming back with her, as he hadn't wished to be alone at that moment. Instead he had been left alone to return to his apartment, an evening of fasting, introspection and heavy meditation over his actions being his only companion.

The thought crossed his mind again when he made his way down the stairs and entered the basement, seeing Nicole among the rest of the hunters. He remained silent at first, his expression neutral, but put on a smile as soon as he saw her face. The preacher always said there would be times like this going forward. Isolation and strange feelings were to be expected in the line of faith and duty. It was no reason to lose one's way.

"Hello there, Nicole." Greg said cordially, his smile turning into a grin "Are you feeling well this night?"

Jennifer Hazelton

"Has Alex told you how yesterday went?" The blonde asked Rafe, shooting Alex a questioning look. The private investigator glanced at the paper Rafe showed; curious if that was Rafe's day job. Hopefully it was a flexible one; she reflected.
    "Well enough, considering yesterday." Nicole replied to Greg. "I figured I'd go get my car after our talk today. I'm thinking we're here to figure out who killed Leech and how we're going to escape his fate?"

M
    MrBrightside

"We made a bit of a mess Rafe. A rather large one." There is a tone of resent in Alex's voice, though it isn't clear towards who.

After Nicole seems to ask how they were avoid being killed, Alex calmly reaches into his holster and places his K-100 on the table and then places the silencer next to it. The implication is clear as to his position on the subject. "Mr. Leech was killed because he roughed up a few of "Dennison's" men. How do you think he will respond to three of them being murdered? All four of us were there and while not all of us stayed for the shoot out," Alex's eyes flick to Rafe and then back to Nicole, "All of us are now potential targets. If what the thugs said was true, then the police will be looking for all of us as well. My suggestion is that we remove the man applying pressure to the police."

L
    Lorique

Rafe almost choked on his beer. "You're telling me that because I showed up to what I thought was going to be a simple meet up, I'm now a wanted man? And that you murdered three people in the process? What the hell happened!?"

R
    RobbyL9

Gregory sighed and raised his hand when he heard Rafe speak. "I am chiefly responsible for the deaths. Two of them. However, without excusing them, I assure you that neither was murder." the young hunter spoke defensively. It was clear from his tone that he still felt guilt and was having some trouble rationalizing his actions. "I merely acted the way that I did to defend Asad and Miss Port. If I have caused you all undue distress then it is only fair I help you get out of it."

Oddly, no matter if he was conflicted with morality or any number of things mentally, Gregory's expression on the outside remained sincere and noble. As though he were a knight swearing an oath to defend his lords from enemies at the gate.

Jennifer Hazelton

"We should probably decide how we want to remove him. His 'people' implied he was illegally applying pressure to the police any way." She frowned. "We may be able to get him collared and that could handle itself. " Nicole suggested. "Should we see how messed up he is?"

M
    MrBrightside

Rafe's shock isn't lost on Alex. "Its a messy world Rafe. The good news is that the police shouldn't have been able to identify any of us, yet." The words are meant to be reassuring but they come out a bit gruff.

Redirecting his attention to Gregory and Nicole. "We need to figure out who Dennison is first. If he can pressure the cops into hunting us, then it may not be that simple Ms. Port. I have a few friends of my own in this city who may know who Dennison is. If he is ordering hits on people then he is likely heavily involved in the underworld. Men like him are not hard to find. The problem, is that if he has his own gang, then he likely has the police deep in his pocket." Part of the dangers of working for the mob was the fame that came along with it. It was hard to remain hidden once you became that famous.

"We need to do research on this man. Once we know who he is and what he does we can figure out the easiest way to remove him."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.