Reading Rainbow

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 9 of 9 First ... 5 6 7 8 9

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma

The young Warlock listens to the other man's words, paying careful attention to the details that Dillon is describing. "Well that definitely sounds interesting to say the least. I find the dynamics of human interaction in that sort of scenarios to be quite fascinating," he says in response giving a slight nod. "As far as the trios of protagonists go, I have noticed this pattern as well...but you know, they say three is a magical number." He lets out a little chuckle as he says those words.

As Martha approaches and Dillon makes the proper introductions, Bobby offers the petite woman a friendly smile. "I am quite well, thank you," he says in response, a little smirk forming on the corner of his lips as she uses the title Mister in front of his name. "You can just call me Bobby though; there's no need for formalities." He offers her another smile, just to make sure she doesn't think he is offended by being called a mister or anything of the sort.

"Well, it is certainly not one of the originals, but they do say imitation is the biggest form of flattery," says the youngster in response to Martha's comment about The Beekeeper's Apprentice. "Besides, there are countless novels, comics, TV shows and even movies that revolve around Mr. Holmes, which just goes to say that what I told Dillon not long ago about the detective being one of the most celebrated literary figures of the past century, is in fact true."

He turns his attention to Jim as he speaks, giving the book in his hands a quick glance. As Bobby is about to return his attention to the current conversation, another man approaches. It was the same man that had been talking with Martha and the other group earlier, who seems to work at the library by the looks of it.

"Good evening sir," says the Warlock with a polite smile. "It's quite a sale you've got going here tonight."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Beguiled as he normally is by Martha's demeanor, Dillon smiles widely. The curtsy, the bag of books held tightly, the cute speech patterns... he noticed the effect it had on everyone else, too. As soon as she made her way over to them, Jim started speaking again. The writer reappeared. Bobby couldn't help it, of course. He was introduced.

It occurs to Dillon that he could go most anywhere with her, pluck off the mortals as they come, and leave with an instant Herd.

At further talk of Holmes, he feels a bit guilty. As though he missed out on something. How, in all of his years, had he managed not to read any one of the classics? Bobby had nailed it, all of Dillon's education on the famous detective had been secondhand; either through reference in other works, or film adaptations.

For a moment, the Gangrel seriously considers mentioning Batman or Star Trek, just to be silly.

"I think I get what you're saying," Dillon offers a nod to Bobby, and a glance to Martha. "The new films are supposed to be pretty entertaining. Surely it's a great homage, bringing things to life again, with an excellent cast and top-of-the-line special effects, and all that... I'm sure Arthur Conan Doyle would be honored."

And thankfully, with four men standing around one polite little lady, the risk of this dissolving into a discussion of Jude Law's aesthetic qualities is quite low.

Dillon gives Dominyk a friendly smirk of his own, nodding again, slightly. He didn't talk over Bob's words, though. Instead, he let them carry the conversation for a moment.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was in a whirl. She smiled to Jim...sneaking a glance at his book on singing and offered a happy smile as she then nodded to Dillon before offering a smile and curtsy to Dominyk as she gratefully accepted the bag before gracefully nodding in overall agreement with Bobby and somehow held her breath about Sir Arthur...she had known Sir Arthur quite well and felt he might have had something to say about the Robert and Jude adaptations...but she caught herself just in time and instead blinked as her whirlwind of sudden activity seemed to have ended. "Dinosaurs..." she added almost as a non sequitur as her mind caught up with things. "Dinosaurs...fascinating! But, yes...thank you, Mr Prise! I could do with a bag! Mr Calloway...what a splendid book! I look forward to rehearsing with you! But...ah...but, I recall reading somewhere that Mr Holmes is one of the most, if not the most, frequently portrayed fictional characters of all time...I should say that perhaps only Robin Hood or Count Dracula can hope to equal the number of portrayals. It is gratifying to see a figure as noble, if flawed in many ways, as Mr Holmes is remains in such esteem. He represents, of course, law and order...an agent of the cosmos, rather than chaos...Robin Hood is an outlaw of only dubious and inconsistent justifications and the Count...well...an outright fiend and a destroyer of Goodness! Given the love people have for all things fiendish and the general appeal of the outlaw figure, it pleases me to see an agent of justice remains more popular! I wonder, gentlemen...do you share my views? I should be delighted to hear your thoughts on this or any topic you wish, actually!" a happy and sincere smile, she looks about, seeing if anyone will offer a supporting or alternative view. Always keen to learn and hear alternatives, she was visibly eager to see what might come up now, given the obvious intelligence of the men in her company.

Martha is so delighted that she gives absolutely no thought at all to the imminence of the closing time of the library.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk smiled, “Pleasure, sirs. I only wish to remind you of the hour.” he said with a slight inclination of his head. “And although I mean no disrespect, and we welcome conversation here, regularly. Tonight, we must ask you to leave. For those of you with busy work schedules, the night hours of the library will be up on the website soon. So that you can still take part of the knowledge that has collected here.

His were light but an obvious usher towards the door.

The Library is closed, thank you all for coming

Page 9 of 9 First ... 5 6 7 8 9
Closed Thread