Ended
Watch

Reading Rainbow

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Dominyk Prise

PRE

As the sun was setting Dominyk Prise wandered amongst tables of books in the Sacramento Public Library. He was dressed in jeans and a relatively tight grey polo. A pair of invisi-frame glasses rested on his nose as he scanned the notepad he held in one hand and finished up the last few bits of organization.

“Okay, lets get the night half of this sale on the road, Norma.” he called across to the head librarian. Dominyk felt pleased with himself for suggesting having an 'adult' booksale during after hours of the Library, it would keep the youth out of the stacks.

The elderly lady nodded back at the author and unlocked the door, she seems severely thankful at the volunteer work she had managed to scrounge up.

Dominyk continued to straighten the books, when he stumbled on one of Maggie Shayne’s thriller-romance that had inspired him and leaned up against a wall and began to flip through it’s pages.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha had spent some time preparing tonight. The retail of books was a matter of some importance to her and she always enjoyed a visit to the Library...except that one time in Kansas and that time with Ethan...

Tiny Martha had her Blush of Life in full bloom. She had added a dab of ruby lipstick and blusher to help with her Blush of Life too. Having spent a little extra time in combing her twin tails and ensuring her shoes...and she smiled at the plural...were polished. Attired in her usual English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of sensible and scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose, she wears a long gymslip shows her slim and toned leg to mid calf...her blond twin tails are each tied with the red ribbon bow to match the ruby lipstick.

With some eagerness she had donned her new C-Leg. Making certain it fitted snuggly, she had experiment with a kneesock, it kept rolling down, but she kept wearing it all the same though it was gathered at her robotic ankle.

Bringing with her her simple metal cane and satchel, she was waiting at the doors for the sale to begin. With a happy smile she entered the Library. Eager blue eyes darted about the entrance to see who and what might be there...to check for the presence of exits and fire extinguishers and any trip hazards she might have to negotiate.

Smiling and adjusting her spectacles, she navigated through the bar. Trying, to concentrate on hiding her limp...trying to remember that the C-Leg will do most of the work for her.

A smile to the nearest people, she was obviously brimming with sincere enthusiasm.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Blush Active

Lance holds open the door to the Library for Ariana Donovan . He was dressed in a simple grey zippered sweater for the evening. "You know, I never thought they'd hold an evening sale like this," he says to Ariana, moments before he picks out the Herald in the crowd. "That's odd," he points her out to his companion, dropping his voice to a whisper. "She seems to be missing Dillon Connery , do you think she gave him the slip?"

He moves his eyes across the library, trying to pick Dillon out among the crowd. He picks out a young man with amazing eyes working at one of the counters. Someone's going to have to come to the library more often if that's the kind of person that works nights.

Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana walked with Lance into the library with a casual (for her) dark green blouse and a knee length black skirt and modest heels.

"You know what I enjoy about sales at the library?" She said with a smirk on her lips. "The things people leave in books they have returned. Bookmarks, random notes and dried flowers are some of the normal things I have found."

After hearing the Daeva's comment about Dillon, she peered around looking for the hazel eyed Gangrel. "I am not entirely sure. I assume there is a logical explanation." Her head also motioned to the man with the gorgeous blue eyes.

Ariana

Dominyk Prise

PRE

He managed to get to the kidnapping of Tempest be fore he closed the paperback, it was decided he would have to buy the book, again. It was bad enough that Alicia had thrown away his previous collection of the Wings in the Night series; but some of those books had been signed.

And he knew how much signed books meant to his readers.

"I told you it would work well, Norma." he said under his breath. "This is why some of us like keeping the library open later, an entirely different crowd; and none of those gangsters you are so frightened of."

He gave the room another once over, and was pleasantly surprised that people had arrived so quickly. Perhaps it was the ‘adult’ tag. he thought as he dropped the book behind one of the desks with Norma. The two of them should be able to keep well enough eye on the cashbox, especially with the head librarian’s hawk eye tendencies.

Dominyk moved through the tables, the scent of warm chocolate and cinnamon following in his wake. He flashed a brilliant smile at the new comers, while giving them a casual once over. His eyes drawn slightly to the more outstanding attendees.

Perhaps...

He paused for a moment before he approached the petite blond ( Chrisie ), while resisting the urge to lower himself from his height of six feet to hers. “May I help you find anything, Ma’am?”

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha limped to a halt and stared, wide eyed, at the striking eyes of the tall man who almost loomed over her 5' almost nothing frame. Her eyes framed by her spectacles, she hurriedly tucks her cane behind her, bashful and offers a sweet and innocent smile. "Thank you! Good evening, sir!" she offers politely and brightly. Her eyes risk taking her attention from his for a moment as she studies his demeanor and trying to assess his mood. "I am on a quest for knowledge, illumination and enlightenment, sir!" she offers with sincere eagerness and enthusiasm. Grasping her opportunity to learn more and fascinated by his striking presence, she chirps happily; "I shall risk judging you at first impressions, sir...please forgive that...yet you seem an educated and cultured gentleman! I would, therefore, very much welcome your wisdom and recommendations, please!" she adds. Her prim and clear English accent obvious and cheerful, forgetting herself for the moment in her eagerness, she now grips her cane in front of her chest as she watches Dominyk.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

As if on cue, Dillon pokes his head out from an aisle of books, frowning curiously as he heard Martha's sweet, proper little chirp directed at someone else. He thought for a moment she'd run into someone they knew, sure he was right when he spotted Ariana and Lance, but then surprised when when he saw the Herald conversing with a guy who had eyes that wanted really bad to compete with the Harpy's.

Not that they could, but points for trying.

When he walks the rest of the way around the shelf and into view, Dillon too is dressed about as casual as he can be, in a couple of t-shirts, frayed and faded jeans, and a pair of well-worn Doc Martens. In his hand is a random little book on modern artillery.

His face splits into his usual, lopsided smirk in greeting. "Mister Rayner, Miss Donovan, good to see you out and about. How are you both?" One who's looking for it will notice that he stops at a point nearby that he can see Martha without looking obvious about it.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Well, little Chrysanthemum, what type of knowledge interests you, for although this is a booksale, it is in a Library; and I do happen to be a Librarian. However, I must ask, since the word did come up; what knowledge of you have of Illumination, the art form in particular?” He let his jovial mood play a little with the flourishes of his hands as he spoke, absently falling into the sort of trance he managed when he began to tell stories and wished to include his audience.

Perhaps such a thing as the Book of Kells would interest you? Or perhaps some of the rewritten information from those such as madame Charlotte de la Tour?” he asked his tongue rolling perfectly over the french name as he settled into a slightly laid back posture. His fingers steepled and resting on his lips and his eyes brightly curious looking at her over the invisible rims of his own glasses.

C
    Conner Greyson

Drifting through the stacks of the library, leafing through books, and magazines. He is barely noticed or acknowledged by those around him. The man may as well be invisible as he is unremarkable. Conner Greyson, to those who know him he is far different, for those who do not, he is but a shadow of an impression. The Mekhet picked up a copy of "A Dance of Dragons" and looked to the inside cover.

Conner purposefully left himself disheveled this day, keeping the stubble and leaving his hair dry and unkempt. Gray on Gray on Gray was the attire for the day only adding to the unremarkable nature of the man.

Mister Greyson I presume

After putting the book into a provided shopping basket Conner continues his wandering...

Martha Villiers

PRE

"The Book of Kells?" she muses and thinks. With it's floral patterns and the theme of flowers in his speech, Martha wondered at Domynik's preoccupations and smiled. "Goodness! What a splendid idea! There is much in there of interest and value...I haven't studied it as much as perhaps I could have, sir...have you? But...I wonder, sir, did...did you mean the Language of Flowers, sir?" she asks, trying to unravel some of the cryptic comments. "I have to confess...you have the advantage of me in many ways! I should be glad to hear more!" she enthuses. Already coming to the view that the librarian was eccentric, clever and interesting. "You seem to know an awful lot, sir! The Library is fortunate to have you in its employ!" she added sincerely, scouting out his eyes once more and glancing to study the vampiric romance he clutches. A few blinks and a bashful smile too.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread