Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Fanfiction

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

Necrorec!

Complete section:

Firefly/Serenity
    Two Gorram Days While the series it starts is a mixed bag, this initial fic is fantastic. Because what Does happen when you leave River and Jayne alone on Serenity for two whole days?

Naruto
    Team Time Middle School AU. WAAAIT! Don't run just yet. It's told from the teacher's perspective, looking down on the children and trying puzzle out what is going on in their heads; written by actual schoolteachers. Surprisingly good fic.

In-Progress

Mass Effect/Exalted
    Glorious Shotgun Princess
    How do you take a space opera the size of a galaxy like mass effect and make it even more awesome? Shepard didn't die when she fell out of her ship at the end of ME1, she was Exalted, and none shall stand in her way now that she has the power of the Unconquered Sun powering her fists.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

I just finished reading this story and thought you'd enjoy it, I sure got a laugh out of it and it's only the first chapter: Super BFFs Microfics

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

COMPLETE:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7156582/1/ That Which Holds the Image Harry Potter faces a boggart that doesn't turn into a Dementor or even Voldermort, but into a horror from his childhood. Now the boggart isn't even a boggart anymore. There's no imitation. That which holds the image of an Angel, becomes itself an Angel. Absolutely fantastic. Not too long, not too short, but just right for an episode of Dr. Who. (no companions, hogwarts setting)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6256154/1/ The Unforgiving minute. A harry that has been broken by the war he lost travels back in time to end voldemort. But it is noon on the day of the third trial, can he destroy all the horcurxes and stop voldemort's ressurection before midnight strikes, and his spell ends?
    This fic is dark. When I say broken, I mean ruthless as a baseline with a nice helping of asshole and Renegade to make it stick.

In-Progress

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6701262/1/ True Warriors Never Die. Narutox Metal Gear Solid (MGS world, Naruto so far only transportee). Weakened in a world with little chakra, but trained by the man who trained Solid Snake, Naruto is searching to find a way home, to save sasuke, and maybe help out here along the way. Though, the question arises, just whose side is he on?
    I hope you weren't planning on sleeping or doing anything for the next two weeks; at 300k words, this will take up quite a bit of your time. But there is a reason I always read it within a day or two of update.

Deadfic:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3258280/1/ Soldier of Spira. Final Fantasy X, as told through the eyes of Auron, with all of the political machinations that we don't see in the game laid bare before us. The first few acts are amazing, but after a while the AuronxRiku pairing can get a bit...longwinded.

In progress? (Last updated April 2010)

Ranma 1/2
    First Steps
    On Ranma’s eighteenth birthday Akane tried to give Ranma the cure to his curse but ended up getting cursed herself. Will this make the two start to grow up?

Okay personally this is one of my absolute favourite fanfictions, it’s ridiculously long, and currently in it’s sixth book and is about 63 chapters long, but worth it.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Technically In Progress, to be completed by next week
    Truthfully
    Synopsis: Loki gets a therapist and finds Earth hobbies that he enjoys in between bothering his brother and his friends.
    My own comments: It's good, really good, and delicious how much Character Development happens in this story.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

Completed:

Boromir's Return Boromir awakens from his death in the home of a strange water-creature, but he has to get home, he has to protect and serve Gondor. 500k words, written in a Tolkien style with great characterization and good bits of action. This is a fantastic character study of Boromir and Denethor (the book versions), and is well worth the effort to at least start. I give this a full 5/5.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Completed:

Ploarity Marvel Comic Universe fic - A Zombie Apocalypse and the tough situation drive a few b-list villains to heroics. Focused on the Shocker, Rhino, and Boomerang. Believable, first-person narrative, and came Highly recommended on TvTropes (Has it's own page, even!)

Zack Griffiths
    Invictus Gangrel

Blood Potency 1
    Aspect of the Predator
    Presence 2
    (quietly stares, speaks calmly)

I can't believe nobody's brought up Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. Well, probably because you all aren't me. It asks the question "what would have happened if Harry's aunt had been pretty instead of the ugly hag that married Dursley?"

Turns out, she marries a smart college professor, they raise Harry with a love of science, and Harry turns Hogwarts (and the work it's derived from) on it's head.

Linky: http://hpmor.com/ Yeah, that's right. Has it's own website. It's that awesome.

CAUTION: If you are like me and have no self control when it comes to awesome reading, have a responsible adult with you to help you quit every two hours or so. It sucked me in for all 85 chapters, and I lost a week of my spare time. It's horrifyingly good.
    Destiny has two ways of crushing us - by refusing our wishes, and by fulfilling them. - Henri Frederic Amiel

Surprised nobody mentioned this one yet. It is pretty hilarious and good, at least until it starts to suffer from cerberus syndrome and starts to get REALLY crazy.

Neon Genesis Evangelion Nobody Dies
    Synposis-Yui Ikari did not die in the test, she aborted it and history has taken a very different route with many character changed from canon. Best example of these changes would be THE Rei, who acts like she was raised by the Warner Siblings.

Warning: It is very much not serious and is very much comedy. There are serious moments and issues, but it much more heavily leans towards comedy.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

Completed

The Lie I've Lived by Jbern. When Harry saw himself unleash his patronus, his mistakenly thought it was his father. But not all of James Potter did die that night, and the magical explosion of that patronus casting has shaken free James' gift to Harry. Now its the fourth year, and something different is coming to Hogwarts. Warning, Juvenille language abounds in the begining, but it calms down later on. It starts light, and drifts slowly towards seriousness, in a natural and enjoyable way.

I've yet to find a good way to describe this. Read 5 chapters. If you don't like it after that, put it down.

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread