Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 47
DISPLAYED
Zebra Club

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Charity pulls her phone out and rattles off her number, evidently she thinks nothing of giving it out. Thank God for the cell-phone obsessed college kids of today. "What's yours?" she asks

Vince gives it, hiding the glee as she actually types it in. Things had changed; He had changed since his days in high school. "I should get home and make sure my Gran-gran is alright. We should do this again. Maybe catch a movie or some thing."

Vince needed to regroup after such a successful excursion int the social unknown.

Charity nods "That'd be fun. I haven't had someone to go to the movies with, and there's still some Summer flicks I want to see. Call me, alright? We'll have a rematch on that Pool table."

"Agreed then. I'll call you or you call me. We'll call each other." Yeah, something like that. Vince hops off his stool facing Charity. HIs heart wants to explode. It was not over; the boss was not down just yet...

"I should go." He makes as if simply walk away. Like a kid who just got his first fish. He floundered as to what he should next. Nonono! "And next time I'll buy the drinks for real." and he gives her thumbs up.
    He just gave her thumbs like she was his buddy or something! What is he doing?! Stop!

Charity giggles again and stands up as well, wobbling a bit on her feet. She finishes the rest of her drink.

"I'm gonna walk out with you. I'm a little too drunk to be sitting here all by myself. Do you mind waiting for me to get a cab? This town can be really scary for a girl by herself. I read the news."

Vince had not, but If Charity needed help Vince figured he could lend a hand, or a shoulder or a...

Wow, too much alcoholic beverages. Yeah! that's it. Blame the beer!

He waits for her and leads her out to the curb before dialing up his own cab.

Charity calls a cab and it arrives in due time. She thanks him for waiting with her and gives him a hug. Tipsy girls are always hugging.

She hops in the cab, bids Vince to call, and is borne away into the night.

Vince's cab pulls up right after.

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5