Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Reality Bites

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    K
    Kazakin

"Actually, it kind of does add up," Derevko said slowly. "Hertz had this lab running. He wasn't too careful with it. It wasn't really legal- wasn't documented, anyway, no one expected it to be here. Then this guy who's got some idea of the Government messing with his head- and yeah, it's not real. If it was real, the CIA wouldn't have let it pass down to us. They're a lot of things, but a global conspiracy with fingers everywhere who are simultaneously stupid enough to let this go to the fucking Mulder and Skully division, they are not..." The scarred agent's lips pursed.

"Maybe he overhears this guy. Maybe he just caught a glimpse. Anyway, it tips him over the edge in his delusions. He goes apeshit. Starts killing. Only snaps out of it when he runs out of space in the wall... douses the bodies in caustic chemicals to destroy them, maybe."

Lynx nods, rubbing his chin, the puzzle pieces seeming to fit. Still something didn't feel right about it, writing it off as paranoia, but the evidence supported that hypothesis nonetheless. It was the emphasis on the voices Donaldson had been hearing. You don't suddenly trick yourself into hearing voices because of paranoia, do you?

"Yeah, I think you're right, conspiracy theorists are always getting themselves riled up anytime the government is involved." It was better that they stick with the few facts they did have. "Well I can't find anything else of any use. How about we get that note to the lab for now?"

K
    Kazakin

"Like I said. I don't buy that he was onto something, because believe me, no conspiracy is simultaneously that stupid and that smart. Like the moon landing hoax. If it was fucking fake, somehow, the Government paid off the entirity of the Soviet Union, a tonne of scientists, a tonne of astronauts, a bunch of astronomers, and the fucking entirity of Cambridge University. And that fucking Brit with the stupid monocle. Moore... something. Y'know, the knight guy. Did that dumb TV show," Derevko said, waving a hand. "Real conspiracies don't work like that."

If they did, I'd fucking sign up to the evil Government and show them how to plug leaks a 3 month old could stop. It'd be the best fucking pay off ever.

"Let's get back to the lab."

"Yeah, I see your point. Though didn't someone say they found some strange anomalies in the landing photos? And there was some business about several mysterious astronaut deaths surrounding the program about the time, like the Apollo 1 fire. I'm not saying there was ever really a conspiracy but people tend to find evidence just about anywhere to support their paranoia."

Nodding his agreement at Derevko's suggestion to leave, Lynx heads up the stairs first heading towards the side door to the outside.

K
    Kazakin

Derevko raised an eyebrow as Jaeger mentioned the anomolies.

Fuck, he's one of 'em. Only those complete morons who think a hair on a negative is a 'C' talk about 'photographic anomalies'. Or that bullshit about 'Hurr, the fucking flag waves'. Yeah, that's what happens without friction. God, the fucking state of education in this country.

"Yeah... Jaeger? Let's stick to the real world and not to the fucking Illuminati shit. So help me God, I will kick the crap out of you if you spout that bullshit,"
    Derevko said levelly, climbing the stairs.

Jaeger made a deprecated face at his high-strung partner. "Relax, Derevko, you'll give yourself an aneurysm. I really don't buy into that stuff, I'm just saying people see what they want to see. You can't argue with them because your arguments just become more evidence in their warped little worlds."

It's about as hopeless as arguing with you about anything, he thought cynically.

K
    Kazakin

"Sure you can," Derevko said, rolling his eyes. "Or, alternatively, you can hurt them until they grow the fuck up. I got no patience for those fuckin' idiots. Never suffered a goddamn day in their lives, so they gotta come up with something to feel special."

"Well, to feel like they're apart of some greater mystery that only they have the intelligence to see," said Lynx in agreement. "Though sometimes great tragedies and accomplishments need people to scrutinize them to confirm their validity. But again that's something left to professionals, not anyone who picks up a Conspiracy magazine and decides this is something they need to follow up on." Like a gardener who hears voices...

Jaeger went silent then, considering why he was trying to make a point of this. Maybe he was inadvertently trying to see things from the perpetrator's perspective. Or maybe it was something he picked up from his dad, the deadbeat lawyer who always had to argue both sides regardless of whether it was right or wrong. He clenched his jaw for a moment in private frustration at himself. "Anyways, it doesn't matter. We can't tolerate conspiracy theorists who take matters into their own hands. Everyone has a right to their own opinions but when you start stuffing bodies in your wall you've crossed about a dozen lines past sanity."

K
    Kazakin

Derevko shrugged, as if to say that stuffing people in the walls wasn't exactly the craziest thing possible. Of course, he'd seen some pretty fucked up shit. He remembered the night in the storm drain....

...Yeah, better not explain that to Jaeger. He'd probably freak out.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever,"the scarred Agent waved a hand.

I
    Irina

Great thread guys. Thread closed.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.