Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Reality Bites

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Lynx's eyes were transfixed by the message left behind. He glanced to his partner who seemed surprised to see the letters left behind. Since they couldn't get around without making noise Lynx was the first to break the silence, speaking in a tense whisper, "Is this Donaldson's handiwork? I thought he'd been stowed at the hospital..." he was sure he was missing a detail to explain this, was there someone else involved? The words of the message, the voice is here, was a clear connection to Donaldson's ramblings.

I
    Irina

As Derevko's eyes roam back across toward the white board, he catches sight of a rolled up sheet of paper jutting out. Length-wise, it looks to be A4 and he can see it appears to have been written on.

It looked like the only tidy item in the room.

K
    Kazakin

"It's possible- he wasn't taken in immediately after we checked this place out, I guess the little fucker could have come back and decided to get fancy with the markers..." Derevko answered, in a terse whisper. He shifted around the wall towards the whiteboard, and, after a moment's thought, pulled the rolled up paper out by using a pen to hook it.

Better not get my prints all over it, or the lab'll shoot me in the ass. If you can call that pile of shit a lab.

Lynx covered Derevko, watching the stairs and darting his eyes around the room cautiously. If Donaldson had come here then perhaps they didn't need to worry about someone jumping them, but that didn't mean that drugged-up squatters weren't using the place as a den of sin. Hopefully the note was a useful clue or else all they'd be left with would be bad news. A contaminated crime scene, another cryptic message, and all after their confessed suspect tried to kill himself.

I
    Irina

The paper is a little crinkled around the edges, probably as a result of being rolled up for so long. It takes a few seconds to properly straighten it out, being careful as Derevko is not to contaminate the evidence.

A cursory study of the paper provided a smudge on the corner. It could have been dried blood, or perhaps someone just got a little too generous with their Hershey's Kisses. It would need to be examined closer to figure out which one it was.

The writing on the paper is relatively neat; a little hurried here and there but legible for the most part:

I know what I have to do now, to stop the voices. I'm not insane! They're tel ordering me to do things.

I know it's the government. Bastards!

They're out there. Watching me. Stalking me! And I hear them all the time!!

They're going to get all of us. They told me, last night. While I was sleeping... they got into my dreams. Everywhere!

K
    Kazakin

You know, this bit, this bit I might buy.Derevko thought, as he read the paper. At least it finally seemed to establish a motive- Hertz had worked for the Government, the crazy son of a bitch wanted to stop the Government talking to him or... something.

It wasn't the most comfortable fit, but it was at least apparently fitting.

"Take a look at this, Jaeger," he instructed, skirting around the wall and showing his third damn partner the paper.

He went through partners too fast.

Lynx lowered his gun and placed it back into its shoulder holster while he strode up beside his partner. He hadn't found anything in his search so he figured they weren't in any immediate danger. What was this clue that was left behind? He read through it carefully.

After reading it the first time he glanced between the message on the walls and the paper, trying to judge any similarity in handwriting. He scrutinized the dried smudge a moment as well. The content of the message seemed to be consistent, though now it was apparent that Donaldson found blame with the government. "What agency did you say Dr. Hertz worked for again?" he asked, suspicious of the message. Though the possibility of government experiments crossed Jaeger's mind, after meeting Donaldson he also wondered if maybe the suspect had merely stumbled onto something in his work as a gardener. Did he merely convince himself through a misplaced paranoia or was he a convenient free test subject?

K
    Kazakin

"DHS, as far as I'm aware. Just not our little bit," Derevko's lip twitched very slightly. It was almost a smile. "If you're asking 'did the CIA experiment on Donaldson's filling and make him hear Japanese radio broadcasts', I doubt it a lot. In fact, I'd bet my life on it."He bagged the letter, hoping the smudge was blood.

Anything to break the damn case.

Actually Jaeger's mind was leaning towards something like that. He couldn't tell if his partner's confidence stemmed from his certainty that his government would never do something so unethical as to experiment on a civilian or that he had something else in mind that made a lot more sense.

Instead of following up on that train of thought he said, "Well I hope that note is something to go on at least, but it still doesn't add up. What was his beef with the government and was he really hearing voices or should we just write him off as just mentally disturbed?"

Even if the government was involved they probably should write him off as mentally disturbed, thought Lynx callously.

"Ah well, I'll do a quick sweep of the area before we head out in case something else turns up."
      2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-18 13:07:24 Lynx rolls 7 to investigate the scene of the crime [Wits+Investigation+1(crime scene)] (10 Again) 9, 2, 10, 4, 1, 1, 6, 6 2 successes

I
    Irina

As Jaeger studied the scene, he can see what Derevko and he have already noticed so far. It looked as though the only bits of noteworthy evidence was the writing on the board, and the letter that his partner had discovered.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.