Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Scream For Me (Mortals Only)

Page 4 of 17 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
    K
    Kazakin

Derevko's gaze flickered sideways as he wondered if the stairs had always been there.

Always been there? What the fuck am I thinking...?

He didn't trust the stairs. He headed for the elevator.

"Jaeger, why's your girlfriend hanging back at the counter?" he hissed out of the corner of his mouth. "Can't cover her if some guy's got the run of this place and she's down here."

Lynx hissed back, getting irritated by Derevko's insistence, "What are you talking about? We don't have a clue what's going on yet." Still he was right. There were too many what-ifs to consider by leaving her there. And now partner's suggestion was starting to play on his fears.

He called over to April, "Nevermind him, April," gesturing to the grinning clerk, "You'd better come with us after all." He didn't like the way the guy was looking at them anyways. He'd just have to do his best to keep an eye on her.

As they waited for her to enter the elevator with them, Lynx eyed the panel of buttons for a destination. "Which floor?" he asked Derevko, since he himself didn't know where the scream had come from. Would they try each floor one by one?

N
    Noel

Noel rounds the corner seeing two people with weapons out one with a badge still in hand. A woman standing near the concierge looking between the men with weapons and the man at the counter. He acts on instinct and pulls his own glock out one handed keeping it low while drawing out his own DHS badge.

Comming in, comming in, comming in! DHS,

He hoped at least one of these guys had worked with military or swat and so knew he was letting them know he was there without holding them on the spot by gun point. But he was ready to draw down if they turned out to be fakes or just jumpy.

There a problem I can help with?

He watches the two with weapons the most but keeps the woman and the counterman in view too.

April turns to Lynx and nods. She beings taking a couple of steps towards him when suddenly a man walks into the hotel, with a weapon drawn and a badge in his other hand.

Huh? Maybe one of them called for back up.

She looks at the man she doesn't know and then turns back to Lynx and Derevko. "Umm, did one of you call for back up?" she asks with some hesitation in her voice. April doesn't want to take another step until she figures out what exactly is going on.

I
    Irina

Derevko, Jaegar, April

The elevator is of a medium size and at a push would probably fit around eight more people total. Unlike the reception and hallway, the elevator was dust-free and a disinfectant smell provided the impression that it had been cleaned recently.

There is no mirror inside the elevator, but the gold interior has been dusted until gleaming, allowing slightly distorted reflections.

The number pad is on the wall to the immediate right, numbered 1 to 14. There is no visible number 13, although a gap between 12 and 14 suggests there used to be.

Noel

The clerk arched a brow when Noel rushed in, and with an unimpressed expression he glanced sidelong at the others.

"I think you left one outside, Sirs, Madam."

K
    Kazakin

Derevko automatically moved in front of April, his gun levelled at the stranger. His finger remained on the trigger, just a twitch away from actually firing.

"Gun down, ID, now!" he barked, his voice sharp. His icy blue eyes narrowed very slightly. No, he hadn't called for back up. And it was just a little suspicious that another DHS agent should be in the area. Especially one he didn't recognise from the DHS: Geo HQ.

N
    Noel

Noel keeps the gun pointed at the floor and away so no one would get hit even if his gun went off and raised his badge a little higher so the older one that seemed to be in charge could see it. He let the other side to the badge wallet slowly fall open so he could also see his ID which is what the man had asked for.

You'll have to either come to me or let me approach you if you want to read the I.D. officer. Either way I'm not putting my weapon on the ground with a civilian I don't know so close. I can flip the safety on and hold the weapon by the barrel finger off the guard but that's the best your getting. I'll be wanting to see yours a little closer myself.

His voice was steady, so were his hands and his eyes. He was still taking in everyone not just the one with a gun pointed at him.

I suggest we hurry up our greeting though if there's trouble that required you to have weapons drawn.

He uses his thumb to flip the safety and slowly turns the gun in his fingers until he removes his fingers from the trigger and is holding the barrel firmly in his hand. He keeps the gun in sight and waits for the officers next move.

I
    Irina

Just an FYI, Derevko and Noel are not standing far enough apart that you can’t see each other’s badges, as both are near the desk and April and the entrance hall is not large. Noel would also be able to identify that it is a DHS Geo badge, it doesn’t make sense that you won’t recognise your own companies ID.

Lynx, a little slow on the uptake, glances warily between the two agents. He had been introduced to any other agents other than Derevko and the SAC himself. The fact that Derevko didn't recognize him concerned him greatly, but the ID looked just like his own.

"Alright, I'm going to take out my badge, slowly, so everyone relax and don't shoot me." He said it as much to the stranger as to his partner. He slowly reaches into his coat and slowly retracts the hand with his badge and slowly shows it to the stranger. "We are also with DHS, Geosciences Division. I'm Agent Jaeger, this," he nods his head to Derevko, "is my partner, Derevko. Now, please lower your weapon so we can talk plainly. My partner is a little suspicious of you, and rightly so given the situation, but I hope you'll indulge him." He doesn't dare ask Derevko to lower his weapon, he'll do it when he's good and ready to be sure.

April stays still as she watches the agents interact with each other, rolling her eyes at the current situation she finds herself in.

When did this become a dick measuring contest?

She is a tired and the cramps aren't getting any better, and while the men play with their guns, whoever was screaming upstairs could be in a lot more trouble. The idea of pulling her own revolver and telling the boys to cut it out crosses her mind, but she knows better than that and is pretty sure that at least one of them wouldn't think twice about shooting her if she did.

"Ok, it seems that we are all a little tense," she says to the three agents. "Why don't we all lower our weapons, and go check out the screams coming from one of the rooms in this hotel instead?" April's gaze shifts from one agent to the other. "Isn't that what why are standing in this lobby?"

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-06 11:47:09 April Davenport rolls 7 to Presence + Persuasion + SL 2 to "will you all please take a chill pill and put the guns away?" (10 Again) 10, 7, 1, 9, 6, 3, 4, 4 2 successes

Page 4 of 17 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.