Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Scream For Me (Mortals Only)

Page 2 of 17 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
    K
    Kazakin

Derevko's head snapped up, ready to make whoever was stupid enough to call him 'pal' eat their own teeth. Then he spotted it was Jaeger and the scowl deepened, but he didn't go over and kick him in the face.

"Just taking a walk," he said irritably, as if was Jaeger's fault that he couldn't sleep, and his ex-wife sometimes showed up wanting things that didn't make a whole lot of emotional sense.

But then, Derevko had the emotional range of a rabid wolverine on the best of days.

"Nope... no case. I live near here. Don't tell me you two go on dates to Costco, Jaeger? I think I've identified the source of your problems with women."

Derevko sees all and resists little
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-27 08:37:06 Jonathan Derevko rolls 7 to Resolve 3 + Composure 4 (10 Again) 6, 8, 1, 1, 2, 7, 7 1 success
    2012-01-27 08:36:38 Jonathan Derevko rolls 7 to Wits 3 + Composure 4 (10 Again) 8, 6, 9, 10, 8, 8, 10, 9, 2 7 successes

Derevko didn't know the half of it. When it came to police work he could manage but his weakness for the lovely creature beside him made his sense of judgement lose all merit. Lynx cringed, being attacked on both sides by his partner and April. He did what some people did when under pressure and laughed as if the statement were a funny joke, "Ha! You're too much, Derevko." All the same he scratched at the back of his neck, his anxious habit and began fondling the box of cigarettes in his pocket.

I
    Irina

April

April feels an odd sensation when she looks back toward the Courtyard Hotel, and she contemplates going inside. In that moment the building in front of her seems to shimmer in the manner of an object being blurred by extreme heat. What manages to take her attention more however is the scream. It comes again, definitely emanating from the hotel. It's louder this time too, as if the person inside is absolutely terrified.

Jaegar

As Jagar listens for the odd noise, he thinks he can hear it again distantly. More importantly in that few seconds however is the pull to go inside the Courtyard Hotel. Maybe it's his investigator's urge to find out why someone was apparently screaming, but as he speaks to April and Derevko his legs try and lurch forward in that direction.

Derevko

Derevko too, seems to fall into step beside his partner and the urge to rush into the hotel is great. At the same time the scream from within cuts deep into his senses. It was coming from on high, he's able to determine that. And with the scream a terrified voice cries out:

"Please, no! Don't hurt me!"

A quick glance upstairs seems to show the flicker of a curtain; but it quickly vanishes completely - as if the window disappeared. Perhaps it's just the trick of the light?

K
    Kazakin

Shit.

And just like that, Derevko was running towards the hotel. It was an ingrained reflex. He wrenched the badge from his pocket with one hand. Cheap, shitty DHS:Geo badge, not the real deal like his Lieutenant's badge had felt.

The other hand pulled his Glock from the armpit holster with fingers that ached to pull the trigger.

April tenses up as she hears the scream again, as the hairs on the back of her neck stand up and chill goes down her spine. Even though the appropriate thing to do would be to call 911 and get the hell out of there, something urges her to go inside the hotel. Whatever it may be, April can't resist this compulsion and starts walking towards the hotel.

What the hell was that?!?

Once she steps through the front door she remembers the two men with her, and quickly turns around to say something to them. To her surprise, Derevko already has a gun in his hand and seems ready for action; whatever that action may be. "So you all just heard that too, didn't you?" she asks both of the agents.

She is glad that she is carrying the revolver her father gave her in her purse. If the situation calls for it, April will have to dig through the tampons in her purse and get ready to throw down. However, she is with two trained professionals who work for the government and actually have a license to carry their firearms around; so they should be able to handle it, right?

"What do we do guys? That scream sounded awful! Whoever it may be, I'm sure they need help!" says April to both men. "I had suggested calling the cops, but they may get here too late..."

Lynx wasn't sure what he had heard but he felt drawn to the hotel nonetheless. There was something significant happening. That was all too apparent when Derevko takes off, drawing his gun in a hurry. Even April follows suit and Lynx can only keep pace by running along with them. His own sense of justice is all the justification he needs to take matters in his own hands, even if they did call the police it might have been too late.

When they reached the doors Lynx would pull out his own revolver, covering Derevko as he takes point, while they entered the building through the front doors.

"What we do, April, is we take care of this. It might be too dangerous for you. Just stay in the lobby and see if you can't get the concierge to tell you if any shady characters checked in tonight." She'd be safe there, right? The chivalrous suggestion would likely be taken as offensive, but he didn't want her to get hurt all the same.

K
    Kazakin

Derevko leant back as he approached the door. He was completely tunnel-visioned on finding the source of the scream. One heel crashed into the lock. It might not even be locked, but Hell. It wasn't time to question shit. It was time to find someone who was in danger.

3 successes to kick down the door
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-29 02:40:24 Jonathan Derevko rolls 10 to Kick this sucka down (10 Again) 4, 9, 3, 7, 5, 9, 8, 7, 7, 6 3 successes

April frowns at Lynx's words, upset at the fact that he is assuming that she can't take care of herself. If she was in a better mood, perhaps she would take it as him trying to be nice and protective; but it is that time of the month, and she is not putting up with she thinks is a bunch of sexist bullshit.

"You know, I am fully capable of taking care of myself," she says to him in a slightly bitchy tone. "But fine, I guess I'll seek out the concierge if you think that will help."

She turns around and heads to the main desk without waiting for a response from Lynx. Once she reaches the desk she rings on the bell and waits for someone to show up.

It's fine that she's not happy about it as long as she's not the one screaming. Lynx follows after Derevko, sure that if he had been in front his partner would barrel over him. They were looking for stairs, faster than waiting for an elevator depending on what floor it was coming from.

I
    Irina

The door slammed open with a sickening crack, and a vein cracked glass appeared along it. It wasn't quite shattered completely, but a heavy push would definitely make it a former door.

The noise and the talking brought the clerk from the back room, and he materialised before the desk. To give him his due he didn't appear particularly disgruntled or surprised, as he peered at Derevko's badge. He cocked his head sideways and regarded each of them in turn.

"Oh my. How may I help you?"

His gaze flickered at Derevko's scars.

The lobby was deceptively large, and looked like a reject from some 1940s movie. Dust gathered in a heavily branched chandelier, motes filtering down from the lamplight. The floor was marble and as the threesome advanced, their footstep echoed in the hallway.

The elevator was to the immediate left of the rounded oak desk, and other than the door the clerk had emerged from and the main entrance there appeared to be no other access anywhere.

Perception for all!

Page 2 of 17 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.