Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 36
DISPLAYED
Hungry Friday

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

One more deep slurp empties the inebriating slurry from its glass home, refugee liquor displaced to a stomach slum stirs into minor rioting.

Grobbler gags just a little in his mouth. -hurk- "I'm good. I'm good."

Fishing a huge turquoise bird zygote from his cooler, Grobbler starts moving back to the fire. "So what's even going on in this town?"

Gristlefist frowned - he was quasi new in Sacramento and Grobbler didn't seem any more informed. "Sorry, I'm probably as clueless as you are; Betony?"

So now they wanted to know what she thought? The missing children was not something she wanted to tell them about, especially Grobbler, who might do something like run off into the Hedge and tell the Tall Stranger that they had rescued those he had been charged to take. Actually she felt like grinding them under a mill stone before telling them anything. She knew that wasn't the appropiate response but it didn't diminish her enjoyment of the thought.
    "Nothing much. Things are still or at least kept hidden. Several months back there was an attack on the boarding house but I don't know that its source was ever found."

-crack!- -sloppp!- -tsssssss!-

The egg goes on. "Toss me a beer Grizz?"

"So, nothing then."
    -hmph-
    "Well then at least does somebody have a story or something?"

Gristlefist took two bootles of beer and noticed that there wasn't much left; he would've hesitated to give Grobbler one of the remaining bottles, but he saw that this wasn't going anywhere with only 3 - 2, if one considered Betony's mood - people for the party, so he gave the purple Ogre one of the two.

By now his meat was ready; he asked Betony politely for a dish and began eating the steak if she agreed. He had some stories from his travels - when you're trading your services for secrets you could be the party-bomb - but he had too much respect for his customers to share the things they had told him. "Well, I once met this Fairest in Texas.." What followed was a more or less amusing story about prejudices, a big battle in the summer sun and a great deal. It's not clear whether Gristlefist added some dramatic elements to help the mood now and then, but the story - sometimes interupted by him drinking or eating - certainly passed some time.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

So the stories and food and drink went on until early morning...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread