Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Setting those thoughts aside, Alice appears in front of Dillon. Although her stronger Beast had probably already given her away she still hopes he hadn't noticed her in the crowd. 'Good evening sir.' She winks as a greeting, as is Ember's protocol. 'Can Club Ember somehow be of service?'
    Dillon's hazel eyes brighten noticeably as Alice appears. True, he could feel her powerful Beast rolling through the crowd like a wave, but it was still a pleasant surprise to have her stop at him. They had barely gotten to speak to each other in months, and though the Gangrel wants to comment on what a shame that was right away, he can't spoil the game.

Reaching out to gently jostle the bow at Alice's waist with his fingertips, Dillon feigns a playful frown. "Well, there aren't nearly enough presents under my tree. I have a problem with tearing the wrapping off too early." He can't hold it, however, and breaks into a lopsided grin almost immediately after the sentence ends.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Oh really?!' Alice chuckles, falling out of her role the instant after Dillon grins. 'Well I wouldn't try to unwrap this package... here. If I were you.'

Later of course, everything was possible. She shouldn't forget to talk to Dillon about 'some things'. For now Alice lays her hands on her waists. 'Although, you might even deserve a present! I believe that due to a recent promotion congratulations are in order?'
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

It seemed so natural to flirt with Alice that Dillon had to remind himself not to lay it on too thick. He wondered if she had that effect on everyone, and figured that she probably did. If she was that influential without invoking the blood... well. Obviously Conner didn't get either of them their Deputy positions just because of their pretty faces.

"Ah, yes," Dillon looks down modestly at the congrats, "thank you. I'm looking forward to working in a capacity that I'm more suited to. I've just got to keep in mind that this isn't Chicago.

"Though Old Sacramento sort of has that charm to it. Have you gotten to see that part of town, much?"
    He was curious to know where the Daeva's interests lay, outside of throwing very entertaining parties.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Chicago?!' To her shame, Alice realizes she never asked where Dillon came from. She knows he has been in America for quite a while, but not from which City. If he was from Chicago, then it would be described as 'exciting, sexy, and my type', that is assuming that Chicago is just like in the movies. 'If I may ask, are you born there? I've always loved that City, even though I've never been there.' The Daeva chuckles, as far as she knows Chicago had been one of the most Roaring Cities of America in the early 20th century.

'But to answer your question, I've been in the old part twice I think? I really just feel like a tourist there. You see, I'm from Europe and I do not have a lot of nostalgia regarding those Western Cottages.' Alice shrugs with an expression as if she regrets her disinterest. 'At least, if you mean those... three streets?'

Anyone remembering Alice during the Gold Rush Days might have guessed otherwise about what she would think of Old Sacramento, but those people should also remember that nowadays there are no real cowboys anymore.

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"Born? Nooo," The way Dillon emphasizes the word 'no' has a humorous quality to it that suggests an extreme. "I'm from North Carolina. But my Guardian and I moved around a lot when I was younger; the only place we managed to settle for any length of time was Chicago. I feel like I did most of my growing up there." Of course, the story was horribly condensed for the sake of the Masquerade, but Alice would get the idea.

"There's actually a bunch of stonework in the old town that reminds me of the older parts of Chicago, only shorter. And yeah, more Western." The Gangrel smiles as he thinks about it. Maybe she was right, and it was just nostalgia. "But Europe has its own brand of historic architecture to ogle at. Especially France. So, are you French, or is it just a language you picked up, that is just as good as your English?" He seemed to recall her and Martha having a brief and hushed exchange in French outside the Avalon, and though he could tell Alice had a little bit of an accent, he wasn't one hundred percent sure if they matched. He didn't know more than a few words of the language, himself. She didn't exactly sound like a Spaniard though, and he was well acquainted with one of those.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'I see.' Alice nods with a broad smile, not hiding her interest. 'Chicago is certainly on my 'to see' list, which will probably happen in about hundred years or so.' She chuckles, jokes were o so perfect speaking the immortal truth.

'Oh I'm in love with European architecture. I wish I was born two centuries earlier. In France then, because I'm originally from the United Kingdom. My father died on a trip to Paris. There, a new family decided to take me and my sister in their "caring" arms.' Alice rolls her eyes with that, the one that Embraced her had not particularly been caring. After a playful grin she leans closer to whisper in Dillon's ear, speaking in a heavy English accent: 'I lived in France for quite a while, and automatically got the accent. Nowadays I use it just for... being Alice.'

That is the best way to describe it in a few words. One might wonder what exactly is still 'real' about Alice.

Played by Dark Passenger

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon nods his understanding slowly, a sly grin pulling at one side of his mouth. "Ah, very nice." His own southern drawl had been worsened by the west in the late eighteen hundreds, and then nearly dissolved in the melting pot of Chicago. He too found it useful to change things up, depending on the situation, and was impressed, but not surprised, that Alice employed such an interesting tactic.

If she was saying what he thought she was saying about being embraced alongside a sibling, Dillon knew that would have to be an interesting story. But, not a story to be told among kine. He makes a mental note to ask her about it sometime, and tacks it to the inside of his skull.

"Chicago is pretty awesome. I miss it sometimes, but eventually, everyone needs a change. I never saw much point in living in one city all your life." Especially if your 'life' is limitless. No being able to resist his own vampiric joke, Dillon adds, "It seems like we'd need eternity to do all that we want to do, and see all we want to see, doesn't it?"

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice chuckles, 'Indeed! I would need a lifetime to see all the world's museums that have interesting art, and then another to take a look at the cities those museums are in.' A moment as she sighs she seems to think about all the cities she wants to see. With some Italian cities on the top of her list.

'Do you mind me asking... What it is that you dream of, Dillon?' Alice decides to give their conversation a more serious twist with sincere interest. Knowing one's purpose in life makes you really know him. 'Or is that too personal to talk about in public?' Her voice was both careful as playful.

Played by Dark Passenger

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon's expressive face brightens a little at the question, not having gotten such a request in quite some time. "Not too personal at all. I'd like to give you a good answer too, but it's been a pretty good while since anyone's asked me anything like that."

He takes a few seconds to mull it over, giving Alice a half-cocked smile as he does so. It isn't long before he responds. "You know, I spend most of my time worrying about the here and now, or the very short term, so I don't make a lot of time for dreaming. But when I do, it's of the future. The far-flung future that science-fiction rewrites every few years. If we'll ever find ourselves there, and what it will be like." Of course, those possibilities were very real for the undead. Even if it did sound like the synopsis for a horrible movie. Vampires in space.

Dillon's lopsided smile widens. "It's a child's dream, I know. But then, I'm only in my twenties." And he would be forever.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice chuckles, 'Excellent.' and she softly bites on her bottom lip. She doesn't mind the short silence, since she loves looking at Dillon's face. When he speaks of his dream the Daeva can't help to chuckle again.

'That is so cute! Although,' she raises a finger to let him wait while she grins, in a way that she seems to be real and innocent. 'I must say the future is a most impressive thing, and it's not a child's dream at all. Because if it is, I cannot believe why the NASA spends approximately 8 billion dollars a year for a child's dream. Science-fiction is the only thing that can make me say: 'that's cool!'. Not to mention the tight space suits. I'm sure you can wear your Captain America outfit again, without it being a costume!'

Played by Dark Passenger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread