Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
La Riviera Shooting Range (Sticky)

Page 2 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

The beer reference goes way over April's head, maybe because she isn't much of a beer drinker. When she does drink, she is more of the mixed drink or hard liquor kind of gal depending on the moods she finds herself in.

April smiles at Samuel again, but before she can say anything else she is distracted by the employee's entrance. She turns to face the man but shoots Samuel a quick glance and says, "Thank you." Even if she was here first, there is no reason for a lack of manners on her part.

"This is my first time here," April says to the employee with a smile. "So I'm not exactly sure how everything works, but I guess I would like to rent out one of your lanes?"

I
    Irina

The assistant, whose nametag stated Ray in clear, bold lettering, gave April a quick once over. "You have I.D with you?" he questioned. His attention flickered briefly to Samuel, but mostly remained on the first customer in the queue. He pulled a sheet of paper from beneath the desk, and attached it to a clipboard.

April nods and then digs into her purse as she looks for her wallet. Once she finds it she pulls her ID out and hands it to the man. "Here you go," she says with a smile.

I
    Irina

The assistant gave the I.D a quick once-over and nodded. "Alright then, we'll get you started once you've filled out the form." He tapped it with a pen and handed it across the desk. "It's just a safety questionnaire, to make sure you know which end the bullets come out."

The comment is softened with a small but reassuring smile.

"After that we'll get you hooked up with an I.D for next time, get your safety gear and get you out on the range."

L
    Lorique

Rafe had finished reloading the clips out on the range, and the target was in place. He slid the first clip into the colt, took aim and squeezed off the first round, then the second. The weapons weighting was good, but his many years working at his family's company had taught him to feel the minor weight distribution differences. It had been his grandfathers gun, and back there back then, these things weren't a priority. He thought for a minute about fixing it, but let it go as he squeezed off another round.

He'd brought plenty of ammo - having stopped by a gun shop on his way here - but somehow it didn't seem enough. He needed training, and lots of it. He fired again, and again until the clip was empty, then reloaded with the spare magazine. He emptied with as much precision and speed he could and then put the gun down, pushing the button that brought the target to him. As it arrived he put it down next to the two others, looking them over. His groupings were decent, but not great, and lacked discipline. I should get some real training, perhaps from either the police or military. They probably have some civilian programs I could join, or maybe they'll let me into one of their non-civilian ones if I ask nicely.

He stood there leaning over the targets, deep in thought for a while, then began reloading the clips.

April puts her ID away and smiles at the employee. "Thank you," she says as she takes the clipboard from him. She can't help but chuckle at his comment about the bullets. "It's my first time here, but not my first time at a range," she says to him with a playful wink before she starts filling out the questionnaire.

1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-01-15 22:44:50 April Davenport rolls 4 to Intelligence + Firearms to "I know which end bullets come out of!" (10 Again) 4, 6, 8, 7 1 success

Once she is done she hands it back to the employee. "Here you go, and thanks again for your help."

I
    Irina

"You never can be too careful," the assistant gave a dry smile. He looked over the questionnaire and slipped it on top of the counter, into a wire mesh tray. There's only one other sheet in there.

"Okay!" he seemed to be waking up a little bit more, getting into the swing of dealing with another customer. And a young lady, no less! "I take it you want to rent one of our guns?" the assistant asked. He unhooked a key from his belt, presumably for the weapons cabinet behind him.

April hesitates a bit before responding to the man. "Well, I actually have one of my own...but I'm not sure if that's allowed or not," she says to him, blushing slightly. "I'd need to buy rounds for it anyway, since its been a long while since I last stopped by a range," she adds with a friendy smile.

I
    Irina

"Oh, that isn't a problem at all. You can rent one of ours this time, and if you decide to come again in the future, you can bring your own firearm," he announced in a friendly tone of voice. He seemed to be warming to the fact that he had another customer - a real cutie at that! It was becoming steadily more apparent that he was perhaps quite new to this particular job. He hadn't yet been jaded by annoying or harrassing customers.

"What calibre and brand do you usually take? If we have the same, you can take that out today, for a little bit of familiarity."

I
    Irina

Samuel, for his part, left April and the assistant to continue with their exchange. He wandered a bit around the shop floor, checking out some of the merchandise on offer. He was a little hesitant - perhaps even outright wary, if someone were to look close enough - of the weapons. He was a little green around the gills when it came to firearms, so perhaps his outward demeanour was just a tingle of nerves.

Page 2 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last